Paycom

Updated 12 Oct 2014
Updated 12 Oct 2014

3.3

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom.

I was contacted by a Paycom recruiter and after speaking with him on the phone, I was set up with a first round interview. This was a webinar with the office manager for my specific location. Very simple and straightforward interview. The second interview was with the regional VP, which was a bit more difficult than the first. After being approved by the VP, I was invited into their office for a 4 hour prospecting session (cold calling and booking appointments). I ended up declining the offer to go in for the prospecting session.

Interview Questions
    • What experiences have set you up for a successful career at Paycom?   Answer Question
    • What have you been doing in the past few months to help you succeed in this role?   Answer Question

I didn't formally get an offer letter, but I ended up declining an offer to go in for the prospecting session. I did this because I received an offer from a different company.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

The interview process is very in depth. It involved being contacted for an initial meet and greet. Then from they might ask for another meeting and ask more in depth about the job. At another point you have to come in a take a typing test and a math type quiz.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom.

Phone interview, manger interview, regional manager interview, executive interview. Manager canceled my first interview the day of about an hour before the interview because they had to go on a sales call. I was not happy about that since I lived an hour and a half away from the interview site and felt it was extremely unprofessional that someone from corporate called me to cancel with only an hour of lead time. The manager didn't even call to cancel and reschedule and apologize. Second interview was via webcam, final was in person. Standard interview questions and process.

Interview Questions
    They will not negotiate anything - not even vacation time or a signing bonus.

Paycom Response

Jul 22, 2014Representative

Thank you for the feedback. We value your time and are very sorry to hear of your experience. We will use your feedback as a means to improve the recruiting process.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom in July 2014.

Paycom has a difficult interview process by design. We want a very special person to join our team and service our customers. We also want anyone who is considering joining the team to see first hand the opportunity for what it is - a true B2B Hunter Sales Career. You talk our recruiters, the manager the regional manager our CSO. You interact with the team for a prospecting session, you may even go to lunch or ride along with a member of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you admire most and why?
      If you had a magic wand and could change anything about your current position and manager what would it be?
        View Answer

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in July 2014.

The interviewer was nice, but seemed to be very tense. She didn't ask me any difficult questions. We spent about 45 minutes talking. Paycom wants to see that you are really into sales and have a background of customer service or sales. It wasn't stressful. I saw many young people working in the office. I had impression that the company is not hiring people older than 30.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy. For example: "Where do you want to be in five years?" or "Why do you want to work for us?".   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Paycom.

The process was lengthy but it did give me a good insight to the company culture and job responsibilities. I met with both the sales manager in Phoenix and the regional sales manager both were very professional and knowledgeable about Paycom and where they see the company going.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult for me was the prospecting session. I did enjoy the team but this is where I realized this wasn't for me. The questions they asked made me think. They really wanted to get to know me and what drives me to success. Things I guess I had never thought about.   Answer Question

Outside B2B Sales Representative Interview

Paycom takes its time when interviewing candidates that they may hire. They are a selective company and should be. The people on their team are very friendly and work very hard as well. These people SELL. The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen, a face to interview, canvass calling sessions, a teleconference, and a cold-calling session as well.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult piece of the interview was when I was asked to do cold-calling in person without knowing that would be part of the interview. I enjoyed it and appreciate the experience.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paycom in June 2014.

You have a phone screening, a video interview with a manager, an in-office interview that includes a cold-call prospecting session, an interview with the regional manager, then an interview with the Chief Sales Officer.

I turned down three other job offers and accepted my offer at Paycom. A week and a half later, they call me and tell me my offer is being withdrawn because of a non-criminal underage drinking citation I received in college 7 years ago.

Ignoring that asinine policy in itself--the messed up part is that I had already told my recruiter about the citation on our first phone call two months prior to receiving the offer. Upon speaking to the HR Director I found out the recruiter had LIED to me and very likely lied to her bosses.

Throughout the process I was lied to, made phone calls that went un-returned, and was generally treated unprofessionally. During the interview, they had me lie to prospective clients during the prospecting portion. Paycom's mistake cost me time and money.

This company hires young people and encourages them to make money at all cost. They clearly don't value professional integrity and the lack of experience among their employees became painfully obvious during my situation.

If you're willing to trade your integrity to make money, you'll find a home at Paycom.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult, but they told me if I treated this job as if I was married to it, I'd be able to make hundreds of thousands of dollars within 2-3 years.   View Answer
    There's no negotiation--it's all fixed.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in June 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter via linked in. He said they were specifically asked to find candidates from my current plae of employment. After the phone screening with the recruiter the branch manager had me in for an interview. It went well, took about an hour. I felt e really tried to get in my head and made me think about if this job would be the right fit. After that I was contacted a week later by the recruiter and he gave me tips and tricks for a web interview with the regional vp. That went ok, but when they contacted me for a cold calling session I wasn't interested in the position. Still at the same job I started at.

Interview Questions
    • What do you read? Books? Newspapers? Magazines?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom in June 2014.

Extremely unprofessional company. During my first interview other employees in the office were doing planks and walls squats with rap music blasting in the background. After my interview, I was invited back for a second, which would be done via web conference. They rescheduled twice and then cancelled. I found this very unprofessional, considering I took time off of work so I could conduct the conference in privacy.