Paycom Interview Questions

3.3

Reset

IT Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK (US)).

Interview

The process was promising and inviting. Good follow up and guide to the interview. Interview was done by Department topshots.
    The interview felt like a ritual they were tired of doing. Enthusiasm was not high on their part all through and it wasn't Friday.

Client Relationship Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Paycom (Irvine, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

They have a very extensive interview process. It might vary a little, but my experience was that it starts with a call with an internal recruiter, next step is a call with the sales manager, then a web cam interview with the Director of Client Relations. Past that would have been another webcam with the VP of client relations, and in-person interview and I think the last step is shadowing a CRR to get a feel for the job (that's what I was told by the sales manager). I made it to the webcam interview with the Director (I was told the VP would be present also but he wasn't). It was definitely a difficult interview, make sure to come prepared w/ you resume and questions to ask. You have to go into the sales office to be set up with the webcam - not just an at-home Skype call. Dress business professional. Be prepared to really have to prove yourself and give solid, concrete answers. This company is looking for hard, aggressive sales people.

Interview Questions

• Who is your role model? Why are you leaving your current position? When it got to salary history, she straight out asked, what was on your W-2 this year?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me after finding my resume on Monster.com and thought I would be a perfect fit for the CRR position at Paycom. She sent my information over to the internal recruiter at Paycom and had that person get in contact with me to set up a phone interview. We agreed on February 6th which was a Friday and I never heard from her. The following week, I received an email asking to set up another phone interview at another time early in the morning. The interview went well and we scheduled the 2nd phone interview which would then be with the CRR manager the following day. I prepared and followed all instructions online filling out a detailed application and questionnaire. Before I began to prepare for the 2nd phone interview, I received an email telling me that the Irvine CRR position had been filled and asking if I'd like to work in the LA office which is about 2 hours away. I politely declined because of the distance and commute, but asked to keep my information on file in case of any opportunities. Immediately, an opportunity arose for a transition/training position in Irvine. Unfortunately, I am looking for a sales/marketing career and I am not interested. The interview process was not very organized and lacked concern for the employee's best interest.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Feb 23, 2015Representative

We’re disappointed to hear your experience wasn't positive. We value your time and are sorry to hear about this. We will use your feedback as a means to improve the recruiting process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted 20 to 30 minutes. They asked alot of basic technical questions. It was pretty straightforward interview. They also asked about your previous programming experience and how you can contribute to this company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in February 2015.

Interview

Whole process took about two weeks. I went through mostly all interview steps (screening, phone interview, webcam interview) except the final in-person. The recruiters were with me every step of the way to prepare me for the different stages, especially before the Webcam interview. Make sure you are staring into the camera lense the entire time, even though during my interview I could tell that both hosts were staring at themselves. They ask difficult questions and try to do everything they can to stump you. Make sure you clearly explain how hard you want to be apart of the team and specifically why Paycom. I asked what they love about Paycom and what they would like to see more of and both seemed hesitant. They said that Paycom didn't really have any weakness and that it was a great company to work for. I've asked this question during all of my interviews at different companies and appreciate when employees are honest with those who are interviewing. Every company can improve in some way, shape or form, and by identifying those problems is how a company grows and prospers. Just seemed a little bizarre. Overall, it was a positive experience for me because I will be prepared if asked similar questions in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? What type of company are your trying to work for? What motivates you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Paycom (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Hounded on by three recruiters on LinkedIn, to months of phone calls and emails, meeting a hiring manager at Paycom felt necessary. Happily employed with my current company, the Glassdoor reviews (which, by the way, is fantastic marketing) appeared worthwhile enough to check into. After patiently waiting 25 minutes in the lobby of your stereotypical, suburban finance building, the hiring manager and I wasted another 45 minutes discussing golf.

Interview Questions

• Where do you like to play golf?   1 Answer

Feb 26, 2015Representative

We’re sorry to hear of your experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we have addressed your situation with our recruiting team. We greatly value your time and apologize for any delays you ... More

Application

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter about the position. She was extremely enthusiastic about how perfect I was for the position. Had one phone interview that went very well and was then asked to come in for a more formal interview. Normal interview, nothing too exciting or difficult. The thing that made this experience so horrible was how unprofessional they were following the interview. They said they were excited to set up the next interview with me and thought that I would be a great fit. Both the recruiter and the company fell off the planet afterwards. Not a single email, phone call, anything. Extremely rude.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 20, 2015Representative

We know communication is important while job searching, and we apologize for your experience. All feedback is appreciated and your situation is being addressed. Your time is valued, and we wish you ... More

Transition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Corporate recruiter walks you through entire process and sets up your interviews but the problem is you have no direct contact with who you are interviewing and when the recruiter doesn't come through or answer phone calls or emails it looks very unprofessional on the management team interviewing. When I left my interview, I was to move forward with the next chain of command and the recruiter was to set this interview up however after multiple attempts to contact the recruiter with no return, I finically realized they were completely unprofessional in how they treated interviewees which speaks a lot for how they would treat hired employees.

Interview Questions

• If your boss today were to find out you were leaving what would they aay   1 Answer

Apr 30, 2015Representative

We’re sorry to hear of your experience. The issue has been addressed with the recruiting team.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Introduced to Paycom by recruiting agency. Process included phone screen, interview with Sales Manager, four hours cold calling, and a final interview with VP. They look for you to show resolve when cold calling, don't set down the phone and be ready to overcome a lot of objections.

Interview Questions

I gage the value a company places on their people by their willingness to negotiate an offer. I asked for an additional $3k and a fully paid phone (they only offer $25/month credit). Paycom was unwilling to negotiate anything. Additionally, I do not like the idea of using my own vehicle as transportation to/from appointments. I was initially prepared to except an offer, but the negotiation process was red flag. If a company won't fight to get you on their team than it isn't a place you should want to work.

Mar 30, 2015Representative

In order to remain fair, negotiating an increase in the base salary and certain perks are not part of our process. This ensures that everyone is treated the same, with fairness. We do have one of the ... More

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me the next day. She was very pushy that she wanted me to interview quickly with the Vice President. The interview was scheduled for two days later at 7:30 in the morning. I sat around and waited for my phone to ring, no call, no email, nothing. Finally, that afternoon, I emailed my recruiter and apparently the person I was supposed to be interviewed with "forgot". A time was rescheduled, however once again the person never called, nor did the recruiter follow up. I ended up accepting an offer with another company the same day. I'm happy I dodged a bullet of working for such an unprofessional and disorganized company.

Feb 06, 2015Representative

Professionalism is of the utmost importance to us and everyone who represents Paycom. We will look into the issue at hand. If you have any further comments concerning this incident, please connect ... More