Paycom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in October 2013.

Interview Details A recruiter set me up for, what looked like, a great opportunity. Seems to have great online presence, base salary and commission structure. I was 15 minutes early to the interview... He was 45 minutes late and called me by the wrong name... (life happens... no worries). After giving me a speech on how every interview should have an equal amount of time and shows no favorites... he then asked me pointed questions and belittled my current company. After all was said and done he told me, "looks like you have some current business to take care of, here is my card... call me when your 100% ready" ... over the weekend had time to process and decided to call. called him over 10 times, left voice mails and messages... no response.

Very unprofessional. Not living up to your word is the point; Lack of credibility. this is only 1 manager at 1 branch... hope others have a better experience.

Nov 19, 2013

Professionalism is of the utmost importance to us and everyone who represents Paycom. We will look into the issue at hand.

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Paycom in October 2013.

Interview Details Contacted by Paycom representative via LinkedIn. Spoke with him for about 30 minutes. I then scheduled an in person interview with one of the Sales Managers. She was 15 minutes late to our meeting, and that interview only lasted about 20 minutes, which I felt wasn't enough time - but she seemed to have already made up her mind.

Interview Question – Standard questions. What's your greatest strength? What's your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Paycom in September 2013.

Interview Details Had a phone interview and was asked to come in for a live interview 2 days later. Before the interview was over I was asked to come in for the phone canvassing 2 days later. They sent me a script and some other info to review. I took time off work as the phone canvassing session was to last the entire morning. The night before they called to cancel. Quite annoying considering it was they who were so insistent on moving me through the process as quickly as possible. I think it ended up being a blassing though. The managers seem pretty inexperienced and asked a lot of irrelevant questions. I'm also not convinced all the reviews on this site are true. There are way too many "perfect" reviews that sound like they were written by a marketing person.

Interview Question – They don't ask to much that would help them discern your level of sales skill. Most of it was just verifying the info in my resume.   Answer Question

Oct 29, 2013

We are sorry to hear your comments regarding the process. We were able to issue a gift card despite the cancellation and are sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused. Good luck to you.

Interviewed at Paycom

Interview Details Not getting an offer from Paycom was a blessing in disguise; within 5 minutes into the interview I could tell I did not want to work for this company. My interviewer was rude, uninterested, and I could tell right off the bat she did not like me. If they treat you like this during an interview how are they going to treat you when you are an employee? She also did her very best to drive me into a corner while answering questions. I understand this is to see how people respond under pressure, but she was just rude. I see from other comments people have experienced the same problem, so I do not fault myself, I was prepared for the interview. The interviewer was not prepared to listen.

Interview Question – None- general questions, tell me why you are interested in sales, your experience, etc.   Answer Question

Oct 29, 2013

I am sorry to hear about your experience and can assure you this is not the norm in any of our offices across the nation. Thank you for your comments and we wish you the best in future endeavors.

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in August 2013.

Interview Details It was a 4 round interview process. 1st with the Denver office manager, 2nd with the regional manager, 3rd was an appointment setting session, and last was a final interview with the CSO.

The 1st interview went great! It was obvious that the sales manager was very passionate about Paycom and the future of the company. She seemed to have great interaction with the team and she was very cheerful. She made it very clear what she was looking for in a candidate and her expectations of a new hire.

The 2nd interview also went well. The regional manager was very nice and made me feel like I would be a great fit for the company.

The appointment setting session was very difficult, but it made me realize how exciting the job can be. It challenged me and made want to keep fighting through in order to set the appointments so I could make it to the next step.

Lastly, the interview with the CSO went okay. I don't think I delivered very well on my overall sales experience. He questioned me a lot about my reasons as to why I wanted to relocate to Denver.

I ended up getting asked to get more sales experience and come back and reapply to Paycom down the road. I was very disappointed, but I am confident I would have been a great fit for this company. The amount of pay is rediculous and I am planning on reapplying in another year or so!

Interview Question – Tell me about the persons who was ranked #1 in your last position. What did he/she do that you didn't do?   Answer Question

Oct 29, 2013

Thank you for the detailed report of your experience. We encourage you to get some valuable sales experience and look forward to seeing your resume next year.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

Interview Details I had two rounds of interviews. No problems with the first. But the second day was different since I was to meet three different people, one right after the other. This would have been OK if the first person hadn't been late. I was gone from my then-current employer for about three hours. I'm lucky no one noticed.

Interview Question – Twice I was asked on the spot about what ad or campaign I would do for such and such product. That's not a legitimate question since a true answer requires research, research, brainstorming, more research, more brainstorming, research, research, brainstorming and research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short and sweet.

Executive Sales Representative Interview

Executive Sales Representative
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details Initial communication and planning of my interview was strong. The recruiting department always contacted me in a timely manner. It was a tough interview process, but it was thorough and well worth it. I feel as though the interview prepared me best for the position I now currently have, and I feel that the interview ensures no one gets hired that does not meet the Paycom criteria.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was in regard to my biggest flaws as I perceived them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate salary because it is a generous offer that I approved of.

Software Sales Position Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in August 2013.

Interview Details I met with the Sales Manager in Denver. She was tough, and very detailed. We talked for about 30 minutes. I was definitely excited when I got out of the interview, and realized that I wanted this career. Her story was the story I wanted for myself. I got moved forward to meet with the Regional manager, and she was just as great. She did not beat around the bush, but was very personable. I did not get the position, but the very professional recruiter let me know what I needed to do, and request that I come back after getting some B2B Sales experience. I appreciated the honesty, and the feedback that I felt like helped me. I am determined to go back, and get this career at Paycom.

Interview Question – She gave me a sales scenario, and wanted me to walk through it step by step.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Specialist Interview

Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details The interview process is very thorough. I applied online and was called almost immediately regarding the position. The Director of Recruiting is as professional and courteous as they come. She notified me of the process and asked me to come in the next day for an interview. I was interviewed on two different occasions and offered the position. In addition to the interviews, I was asked to complete testing and had a full background check run on me.

Interview Question – Name one experience you learned from at your previous employer.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed at Paycom in September 2013.

Interview Details Their questions were pretty basic and straightforward. Make sure and remember answers to probably the top 3 most crucial questions
1. Why would you be a great fit for this position
2. Why do you think you'd be great at sales
3. Why do you want to work at Paycom?

Interview Question – What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paycom