Paycom

Updated Aug 13, 2014
152 interviews

3.4

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Paycom in October 2013.

Contacted by Paycom representative via LinkedIn. Spoke with him for about 30 minutes. I then scheduled an in person interview with one of the Sales Managers. She was 15 minutes late to our meeting, and that interview only lasted about 20 minutes, which I felt wasn't enough time - but she seemed to have already made up her mind.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions. What's your greatest strength? What's your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Paycom in September 2013.

Had a phone interview and was asked to come in for a live interview 2 days later. Before the interview was over I was asked to come in for the phone canvassing 2 days later. They sent me a script and some other info to review. I took time off work as the phone canvassing session was to last the entire morning. The night before they called to cancel. Quite annoying considering it was they who were so insistent on moving me through the process as quickly as possible. I think it ended up being a blassing though. The managers seem pretty inexperienced and asked a lot of irrelevant questions. I'm also not convinced all the reviews on this site are true. There are way too many "perfect" reviews that sound like they were written by a marketing person.

Interview Questions
    • They don't ask to much that would help them discern your level of sales skill. Most of it was just verifying the info in my resume.   Answer Question

Oct 29, 2013Representative

We are sorry to hear your comments regarding the process. We were able to issue a gift card despite the cancellation and are sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused. Good luck to you.

Sales Representative Interview

Not getting an offer from Paycom was a blessing in disguise; within 5 minutes into the interview I could tell I did not want to work for this company. My interviewer was rude, uninterested, and I could tell right off the bat she did not like me. If they treat you like this during an interview how are they going to treat you when you are an employee? She also did her very best to drive me into a corner while answering questions. I understand this is to see how people respond under pressure, but she was just rude. I see from other comments people have experienced the same problem, so I do not fault myself, I was prepared for the interview. The interviewer was not prepared to listen.

Interview Questions
    • None- general questions, tell me why you are interested in sales, your experience, etc.   Answer Question

Oct 29, 2013Representative

I am sorry to hear about your experience and can assure you this is not the norm in any of our offices across the nation. Thank you for your comments and we wish you the best in future endeavors.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in August 2013.

It was a 4 round interview process. 1st with the Denver office manager, 2nd with the regional manager, 3rd was an appointment setting session, and last was a final interview with the CSO.

The 1st interview went great! It was obvious that the sales manager was very passionate about Paycom and the future of the company. She seemed to have great interaction with the team and she was very cheerful. She made it very clear what she was looking for in a candidate and her expectations of a new hire.

The 2nd interview also went well. The regional manager was very nice and made me feel like I would be a great fit for the company.

The appointment setting session was very difficult, but it made me realize how exciting the job can be. It challenged me and made want to keep fighting through in order to set the appointments so I could make it to the next step.

Lastly, the interview with the CSO went okay. I don't think I delivered very well on my overall sales experience. He questioned me a lot about my reasons as to why I wanted to relocate to Denver.

I ended up getting asked to get more sales experience and come back and reapply to Paycom down the road. I was very disappointed, but I am confident I would have been a great fit for this company. The amount of pay is rediculous and I am planning on reapplying in another year or so!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the persons who was ranked #1 in your last position. What did he/she do that you didn't do?   Answer Question

Oct 29, 2013Representative

Thank you for the detailed report of your experience. We encourage you to get some valuable sales experience and look forward to seeing your resume next year.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

I had two rounds of interviews. No problems with the first. But the second day was different since I was to meet three different people, one right after the other. This would have been OK if the first person hadn't been late. I was gone from my then-current employer for about three hours. I'm lucky no one noticed.

Interview Questions
    • Twice I was asked on the spot about what ad or campaign I would do for such and such product. That's not a legitimate question since a true answer requires research, research, brainstorming, more research, more brainstorming, research, research, brainstorming and research.   Answer Question
    Short and sweet.

Executive Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Paycom.

Initial communication and planning of my interview was strong. The recruiting department always contacted me in a timely manner. It was a tough interview process, but it was thorough and well worth it. I feel as though the interview prepared me best for the position I now currently have, and I feel that the interview ensures no one gets hired that does not meet the Paycom criteria.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was in regard to my biggest flaws as I perceived them   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate salary because it is a generous offer that I approved of.

Software Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in August 2013.

I met with the Sales Manager in Denver. She was tough, and very detailed. We talked for about 30 minutes. I was definitely excited when I got out of the interview, and realized that I wanted this career. Her story was the story I wanted for myself. I got moved forward to meet with the Regional manager, and she was just as great. She did not beat around the bush, but was very personable. I did not get the position, but the very professional recruiter let me know what I needed to do, and request that I come back after getting some B2B Sales experience. I appreciated the honesty, and the feedback that I felt like helped me. I am determined to go back, and get this career at Paycom.

Interview Questions
    • She gave me a sales scenario, and wanted me to walk through it step by step.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Paycom.

The interview process is very thorough. I applied online and was called almost immediately regarding the position. The Director of Recruiting is as professional and courteous as they come. She notified me of the process and asked me to come in the next day for an interview. I was interviewed on two different occasions and offered the position. In addition to the interviews, I was asked to complete testing and had a full background check run on me.

Interview Questions
    • Name one experience you learned from at your previous employer.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

interviewed at Paycom in September 2013.

Their questions were pretty basic and straightforward. Make sure and remember answers to probably the top 3 most crucial questions
    1. Why would you be a great fit for this position
    2. Why do you think you'd be great at sales
    3. Why do you want to work at Paycom?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in April 2013.

My recruiter was very on task while setting up all the interviews. I had my first interview with a manager, second with the regional manager, then phone canvassing where i had to set three apointments, a ride along with a seasoned rep, and my final interview was with Cheif Sales Officer. The process gives insight to the candidate on what the actual job will be like which is helpful to me to see if this is what i really want, and also to Paycom to see if I was who they really want. This made going into the job easy because I was prepared for what day to day would be like. Paycom wants people who are real and motivated.

Interview Questions
    • How I would keep myself motivated when I was already making more money than most my age?   Answer Question

Aug 20, 2013Representative

Thank you for discussing your interview experience. You are right in that we want our candidates to get a true feel for a day in the life of a Paycom sales representative, so they can determine if it ... More