Peace Corps

Updated 25 Nov 2014
Updated 25 Nov 2014

2.8

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

I applied online. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Peace Corps.

Intense. Starts with a written application. Some applicants get phone interviews. Then an in person interview while the interviewer writes every word you say (be prepared to dictate your thoughts.) Strict health review. If you're an interesting, healthy person you have nothing to worry about during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join the Peace Corps?   View Answer
    Here's a contract. You game?

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Peace Corps.

Was very laborious when I applied in 2007, but now it is automated and waaaaaaay easier. I believe now you can select where you want to serve and what type of project you are interested in.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of personal questions - relationship, drug/alcohol use, etc.   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Hiring is now easier than ever, you get to choose where you want to serve (it you are qualified enough). Interviewing is pretty straightforward, although they WILL ask personal questions, such as, what will you and your significant other do when you go to the Peace Corps?

Program Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Peace Corps.

It was a one time panel interview with three interviewers. Standard interview questions (tell us about yourself, describe a time when you provided customer service over the phone, describe data entry experience), then we did a role play. For the role play they gave specific company policy quickly and the interviewee had to role play a helpful employee discussing a policy with an irritated customer. After that, there was an editing quiz. The interviewee had to find all of the mistakes on a sheet of paper, and then present the mistakes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had a conflict at work, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

online application, interview with recruiter who nominates you, extensive medical process, after completion you will get a invitation to a country. (this process has recently changed, you also now get to chose possible countries you want to go to)

Interview Questions
    • What is a cultural difference you've experienced while living in the States?   Answer Question

Peace Corps Response Volunteer Interview

The Peace Corps Response interview process was smooth and quick. Since Response is for people who have already served I think the recruiter assumes you already have an idea of what to expect. I applied on a Friday and the following week I was contacted to set up a phone interview. The experience can vary depending on the recruiter but my experience was fast and easy. From the time I applied to the day I left was less than three months.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview was relaxed and conversational and there weren't any surprising questions.   Answer Question

Business Advisor & Educator Interview

Hiring and interviewing with the Peace Corps is rather long and arduous, although, recently the organization has implemented a new format in hopes to streamline and expedite the overall process. I, however, cannot speak to the new procedures. Essentially begins with filling out a lot of information online (nothing new here), there is an initial interview that is very basic, more of an informal discussion to get to know you and how prepared you may be to live abroad in a foreign setting. There will be an additional interview, medical check-up, FBI background check...essentially, you must really want to be a Peace Corps Volunteer.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, the interview was very straight forward. Most questions were centered around leaving your home and living in a foreign country.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, you accept all presented terms or you decline.

Peace Corps Volunter Interview

Submit an application and go through a long and tedious interview and placement process. Hope and pray that you pass the medical tests and 6 months to years later you may actually be sent an invitation to serve

Nonexistent

Community Health Volunteer Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps.

Basic standard questions about past international experiences, educational background, interpersonal skills, and scenarios you would encounter at your site. Very much a conversation and the recruiter does a great job easing you into the convo.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with conflicts that may arise in your organization i.e. witnessing corruption or theft within the staff?   Answer Question

Very Standard
    interviewed was reading right from a list of questions and typing my answers as I went - which was very distracting at times
    It took about 4 months from the time my application was submitted to when I was finally interviewed

Interview Questions
    • Most stressed period in your life and how you coped with it   Answer Question