Peace Corps

Updated 2 Dec 2014

2.6

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps.

The process took about a year. After a long application, they called a couple months later to confirm that I still interested. A month later they called and requested more hands on experience. As I gained hands on experience for the next year they periodically called to see what I have been doing. 7 months after I submitted the application they requested an in-person interview.

The interview was about an hour long with questions more focused on if I was ready to make a 2 year commitment rather how could I use my skills in the field. Questions such as "Would I be alright on a very limited diet?" "How would I feel about living in harsh conditions?"

About a 1 1/2 after the interview they called and said they have a site chosen for me and that I would be sent to this country in 2 months. The would not tell me the on country, only the continent. I agreed and never looked back.

Great experience all around. The process may be long but I heard it is a lot faster and you can select your country now. Every Peace Corps employee was kind and attentive. Looking for a way to make a difference in the lives of many and experience a culture through in depth immersion? Peace Corps may be for you.

Other Interview Reviews for Peace Corps

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

I applied online. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Peace Corps.

Intense. Starts with a written application. Some applicants get phone interviews. Then an in person interview while the interviewer writes every word you say (be prepared to dictate your thoughts.) Strict health review. If you're an interesting, healthy person you have nothing to worry about during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join the Peace Corps?   View Answer
    Here's a contract. You game?

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Peace Corps.

Was very laborious when I applied in 2007, but now it is automated and waaaaaaay easier. I believe now you can select where you want to serve and what type of project you are interested in.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of personal questions - relationship, drug/alcohol use, etc.   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Hiring is now easier than ever, you get to choose where you want to serve (it you are qualified enough). Interviewing is pretty straightforward, although they WILL ask personal questions, such as, what will you and your significant other do when you go to the Peace Corps?

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

online application, interview with recruiter who nominates you, extensive medical process, after completion you will get a invitation to a country. (this process has recently changed, you also now get to chose possible countries you want to go to)

Interview Questions
    • What is a cultural difference you've experienced while living in the States?   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunter Interview

Submit an application and go through a long and tedious interview and placement process. Hope and pray that you pass the medical tests and 6 months to years later you may actually be sent an invitation to serve

Nonexistent

Very Standard
    interviewed was reading right from a list of questions and typing my answers as I went - which was very distracting at times
    It took about 4 months from the time my application was submitted to when I was finally interviewed

Interview Questions
    • Most stressed period in your life and how you coped with it   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps.

I recommend starting the application process 6-12 months before you intend to serve. The process is lengthy due to the extensive medical and background check. Once you pass the medical/background portion you will be contacted for an interview. The interview is typically done in person, however, mine was done via Skype. My interview lasted 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What are your coping mechanisms?   Answer Question
    • How would you feel about living and working in a culture where men and women are not treated as equals?   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps.

It is a complicated application with many essays followed by an in person interview and finally you need to pass medical test which can be difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience living or working with different cultures? Please describe. How do you handle conflict. Describe a time.   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps in March 2014.

The application was extensive but could be completed fairly easily online, then was contacted by a recruiter for a 15 min phone conversation. Then there was the interview which lasted 1.5 hours. It was very friendly and was more like a conversation. Be sure to prepare for the in-person interview by googling "peace corps" interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had trouble following a rule.   Answer Question