Pearson

Updated 10 Nov 2014
Updated 10 Nov 2014

2.9

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

It was a few rounds. With a HR first and then with the hiring manager and the vertical heals. The HR had little understanding of the job, so their questions did not make sense. The hiring manager really wanted to hire someone fast so he was answering his own questions after he (probably) felt I was the right candidate. The vertical head knew that I came from a similar background (industry experience) so most of the questions were behavioural.

1st offer I got was less than what i was making

Sales Associate Interview

not such a technical interview. you can easily get through.regular informal interview.there was not such a question. regular informal interview.We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in a case where the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate ac

Interview Questions
    • there was not such a question. regular informal interview.   Answer Question

Freelance Copyeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pearson in August 2012.

They were meticulous in their approach. After preparing two slideshows that clearly spelt out the 'dos' and 'don'ts' of copy editing, they also prepared a short test to review the capabilities of their possible employees.

As a freelancer, the time period to complete the work.

Recruiter Interview

My interview process although long and intensive was a positive experience. I spoke with 2 people on the phone prior to coming into the office where I met with 4 people over the course of my day here. Everyone was nice, honest and really passionate about the job. My process started via an online posting and I was contacted from there by a local representative.

Interview Questions
    • How I felt about changing pace and working in a new environment.   Answer Question
    I provided a dollar figure and from there received a call back as to whether or not they could accommodate my desired number.

Pearson Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Terrible phone interview process. I was contact after I applied online on their corporate website (directed to by our university). The recruiter calls right on the clock, which was good, but she asked me NOTHING about myself. I thought she would have called to discuss my backgrounds and fit with the company, but she was uninterested. Do they hire just anyone? Her first question asked about what I knew about the company and delved into the oddest behavioral questions ever. No responses to my emails and just a generic rejection email couple days later. Couldnt even ask for feedback because she just cut me off.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Phone interview followed by a in person interview. Direct manager was located in different state. Never met her face-to-face until after being hired. Met with the VP. The interview process was straight to the point. No fluff.

Interview Questions
    There is an option to negotiate.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Several interviews with different divisions of the company; including marketing, custom and technology sales, as well as the division president. A campus project is required and will take at least two to three days to complete.

Software Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

3 rounds 1 HR 1 technical 1 onsite. HR would ask basic questions on your resume. Technical would be through google hangouts. Basic programming and logical questions. Question on Pseudocode. Last round would be onsite, just to assess your personality and provide you with offer

Enrollement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

First phone screening by the recruiter, he then brings you in for an "open house session" as they call it. I can admit I was a bit nervous. As I sat down with 3 different managers for the position. This was my first time doing a group interview session. Very intense process ,unfortunately I did not get the position.

Test Center Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

apply online. initial phone screening interview. onsite interview with one up manager (regional) although that interview may be a phone interview as well. My interview was over the phone with a recruiter, then with the test center manager and regional manager on a conference call. I was hired sight unseen.

Interview Questions
    • most questions center around honesty and integrity, customer service.   Answer Question
    no negotiation