Pearson

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

2.9

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

It was a few rounds. With a HR first and then with the hiring manager and the vertical heals. The HR had little understanding of the job, so their questions did not make sense. The hiring manager really wanted to hire someone fast so he was answering his own questions after he (probably) felt I was the right candidate. The vertical head knew that I came from a similar background (industry experience) so most of the questions were behavioural.

1st offer I got was less than what i was making

Sales Associate Interview

not such a technical interview. you can easily get through.regular informal interview.there was not such a question. regular informal interview.We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in a case where the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate ac

Interview Questions
    • there was not such a question. regular informal interview.   Answer Question

Freelance Copyeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pearson in August 2012.

They were meticulous in their approach. After preparing two slideshows that clearly spelt out the 'dos' and 'don'ts' of copy editing, they also prepared a short test to review the capabilities of their possible employees.

As a freelancer, the time period to complete the work.

Sales Interview

The entire process seems very disorganized and takes way too long. They expect you to interview for several hours at a time, which is hard when you have a full time job.

Interview Questions

I was offered another job and accepted.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pearson.

Process is exceedingly Slow, SLOW, S.L.O.W... unresponsive. Executives late to meetings. Executives unprepared, had not even read resume prior to video conference interview. No response to Thank You notes. Lack of follow-up.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers asked routine, rudimentary questions, almost seemed distracted or maybe uninterested...possibly just a necessary external interview when an internal candidate was already selected?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

I was contacted by a recruiter who'd seen my resume floating around and she connected me with the Editor I came to work for. The interviewing process was seamless--they were both very impressed with previous editorial experience. The editor was unexpectedly enthusiastic about previous sales experience, as he felt EAs should transition into sales positions.

Interview Questions
    • The editor I interviewed with was very interested in previous sales experience, almost trying to sell me on a Sales career before I entered Editorial.   Answer Question
    There was very little wiggle room as far as compensation packages go.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in January 2015.

Process was quick but disappointing in the end.

I applied online and received an email from HR within a couple days to set up an HR screening.
    He didn’t realize that we actually spoke before when I applied to a similar job several months earlier in
    which I never received an interview. He then quickly set me up this time with a phone interview with the
    Creative Director who is located in Florida.

Had a phone interview with the Creative Director two days later after talking with HR. Great conversation, easy to talk to. She explained in detailed how the organization is set up, how the team works, what the interview process would be like, and even gave a rough estimate of a start date if selected. She then mentioned the next step is to take a “test”. I was nervous at first but soon found out it was a mini project that I had to do.

I found this much more easier than answering a bunch stupid textbook quiz questions. Instead I was emailed a zip file that contained a complex Photoshop PSD file and some brief instructions that said I had to create a functional web page using only HTML, CSS, and Javascript that looks exactly like the PSD file. I had the weekend to do it. I actually had a lot of fun doing it, it was challenging and fun at the same time. I zipped my code and emailed it to HR.

I got scheduled for an in person interview with the hiring manager at their Glenview, IL office the following week, so I assumed someone reviewed and approved of my project work. The Glenview office is an eye sore. It’s under construction, portions of the building have no lights, old desks and tables folded up against the wall. He showed me where I would be sitting , it’s a big open area with a bunch of empty cubicles that planned to get filled in the near future.

The in person interview I thought went well, but apparently it went too well. The hiring manager seemed surprised to find out how much extensive programming and corporate experience I have. Although the job description was titled Web Developer and it did mentioned the typical languages like HTML, CSS, and Javascript, it also mentioned WordPress. Apparently what they are looking for is someone with 80% WordPress and only 20% actual programming. I’m just the opposite, I have about 80% programming and only 20% exposure to Content Management Systems, none with WordPress. He didn’t even mentioned the project that I done, I’m not even sure if he was even aware of it. He did however mentioned that this position has very little coding involved.

I received a personalized rejection notice two days later, which to me says they weren’t really looking for a Senior Web Developer, they were really looking for a Junior WordPress publisher.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions, just a design project that had to be done in a short amount of time.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

First round is phone interview. The guy asked several questions about Java features and my resume. The second round is onsite. I was still asked question on my resume. Nothing too weird or difficult.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in December 2014.

The hiring and interview process was well-structured. More specifically, I was contacted by an HR Representative who conducted my first over the phone interview, I received an email congratulating me on a successful phone screening interview and provided me details in regard to the second in-person interview, after the interview I was contacted via telephone to discuss my potential job offer. Overall, I was impressed with Pearson's professionalism. I cant wait to start!

Interview Questions
    • How will you utilize your professional and educational success to help Pearson continue to be a leader in the Education Industry?   Answer Question
    Any great relationship is founded on compromise. Be willing to compromise salary for the opportunity to work for a great company. Bottom line: the salary is more than competitive within the industry.

Sales Representative Interview

Hard to reach people within the company. Never heard response after second interview. The interview process was lengthy. It took over three months when it was all said and done.