Pearson Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

It was a few rounds. With a HR first and then with the hiring manager and the vertical heals. The HR had little understanding of the job, so their questions did not make sense. The hiring manager really wanted to hire someone fast so he was answering his own questions after he (probably) felt I was the right candidate. The vertical head knew that I came from a similar background (industry experience) so most of the questions were behavioural.

1st offer I got was less than what i was making

Sales Associate Interview

not such a technical interview. you can easily get through.regular informal interview.there was not such a question. regular informal interview.We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in a case where the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate ac

Interview Questions
    • there was not such a question. regular informal interview.   Answer Question

Freelance Copyeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pearson in August 2012.

They were meticulous in their approach. After preparing two slideshows that clearly spelt out the 'dos' and 'don'ts' of copy editing, they also prepared a short test to review the capabilities of their possible employees.

As a freelancer, the time period to complete the work.

Scorer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

The interview process involved answering a series of questions online. The process was straight forward. You will receive an email with further instructions about the location and duration of the project. You will have to past a series of tests to determine weather you will qualify for a project. Once I was hired, I was ready to work on a project. The projects involve scoring and client information is kept confidential. You will have to sign a contract stating that you will not talk about the projects. No notebooks, recorders, etc. are allowed on the scoring floor.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question involved languages spoken.   View Answer

Associate Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in April 2014.

First contact after my application was quick. I was contacted by the department manager and discussed setting up an interview.

I interviewed with both the department manager and the team leader for the position. Questions were straight forward and without any catches or pitfalls. The job was explained well and matched exactly what the job ended up being.

Within approximately a week and a half I was contacted by the human resource contact and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can handled around 40 open projects at once?   Answer Question

Pearson Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Pearson.

HR very helpful. I applied online and in a few days I got a call. Bachelor's degree required.

I didn't negotiate.

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harlow, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlow, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in July 2014.

Two stage process; phone screening interview (~50 mins) followed by face to face interview, including a skills test (total ~2.5 hrs). Interviews had standard questions, CV review, giving examples of being in a team, leading a team, disputes, any problems, dealing with deadlines, etc. Technical task involved demonstrating how you would analyse a dataset using Excel only.

Very comfortable interview process, friendly environment.

No negotiation.

Warehouse Assistant Supervisor Interview

I met with a recruiter at Purdue University. They scheduled a phone interview, where they ask about your major, experience, and aspirations (standard interview questions). A campus interview followed this with similar questions. I was then asked to attend an on-site interview at their Lebanon warehouse. It was a panel interview with Supervisor from each department. Each Supervisor took turns telling about themselves and their departments and asking about my experiences in my previous jobs and leadership positions. I was then emailed an offer letter from the HR recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • How would you help lead an motivate your employees in an environment, in which they know the warehouse will be closing at the end of the year?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Pearson in October 2010.

I came in through a referral and interviewed the hiring manager and two peers. I interviewed in October and was told that they wanted to make an offer but by then the requisition had been frozen till the end of the year. It wasn't until mid-January the next year that I received and accepted an offer. I started then end of January.

Interview Questions
    • There were no surprises. The most difficult was the reason I was looking to leave my current job.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in July 2014.

The process took three weeks. There was a phone interview and two rounds . One with hr and other with director.They only hired for three positions out of 29 people.Apparently why I didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • The questions wasn't difficult but be very honest and research about the company before you go.   Answer Question

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!