PepsiCo

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bakersfield, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in December 2010.

Interview Details Structured interviews at the production facility with the Executive Team at the plant. We were provided a tour, then went through five separate one-on-one interviews. We were also given an opportunity to have lunch with other frontline managers currently performing the job that we were interviewing for.

Interview Question – No one question was particularly difficult, however one of the interviews was simple awkward as the interviewee simply stared at you following your answer which created an extremely uncomfortable feeling.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The organization made an offer the day after my interview. I was told that the company did not negotiate compensation, bonus or vacation.

Operations Resource Interview

West Valley City, UT (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2010.

Interview Details Interviewing process will include a first phone interview (mostly for screening purposes) and a second in-person interview. The key with everyone in West Valley is to mention teamwork/teams first and foremost,

Interview Question – They, of course, asked the standard interview questions. So be prepared for those. Most people are least prepared for the question, "What are your weaknesses?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave a salary and made it clear it was not negotiable. I'm not sure if that's actually true though. Personally I believe that everything is negotiable.

Operations Resource

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details 2:1 interview. Met with one half of the plant leadership for an half hour and then met with the other half. Behavioral based interview questions. That was the only interview process that I had to go through. I was called a few days later with an offer. Offer was a bit less than what I hoped for but they were willing to negotiate on salary and other benefits.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to supervise a continuous operation and how did you manage your team?   Answer Question

Operations Resource

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2013.

Interview Details Met at college career fair and talked with a representative for 15 minutes. Next morning I got a call setting up an interview and plant tour for the next week. Got to the plant with 16 other candidates. Had a presentation about the company and then broke off into 2 groups: one group doing interviews while the other took a tour. Spoke with 2 different managers who were going through questions in a packet and taking notes. Questions were mostly behavioral based with some questions about previous experience listed on resume.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Perry, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details -Phone interview
-Two day interview with various section managers alongside 14 other job contestants. Consisted of plant tour, dinner, bowling, breakfast, three interviews, lunch, depart.

Interview Question – All the questions were common team building examples. Name a time when as a team you overcame an obstacle...... Strong emphasis on leadership
-Name a time you witnessed an unethical act... How did you respond?
  Answer Question

Operations Resource Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2009.

Interview Details I was hired straight out of college... It's important to stress examples of leadership, a strong care for product quality (delighting the consumer), and an eye for safety. The interview process was with a few members of the factory's leadership team. Expect to go on a plant tour and learn how the chips are made. Frito loves to hire engineers, but please be aware that the Operations Resource position is all about being a supervisor --- not an engineer. The interviewers will likely ask if you're willing to work long hours (11+ per day), weekends, and off-shifts. If you decline, you won't be getting the job. But if you say yes, be ready to deal with a very hardworking, fast-pasted environment where you *will* be working an off-shift, weekends, and holidays.

Interview Question – Have you ever been in a situation where someone derailed your meeting? What did you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Operations Resource

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details 1 phone interview, 1 in person formal interview, 1 informal interview w/ tour

Interview Question – Have to respond to interviews in this way: situation, action, result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate since it was my first job out of college and the pay was very good.

Operation Resource Interview

Operation Resource
San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details Interview began with tour of facility by an Operations Manager, followed by three sets of interviews with various business unit leaders, senior directors and other operations managers depending on staff availibility. Each interview consisted of two interviewers for approximately 30 minutes. If selected to move on, you're invited to job shadow for an entire shift to see if you truly like the position and for them to get a better impression of you.

Interview Question – What major setback have you had and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR manager did a thorough evaluation of the current market, my experience, and education to determine a salary. I had a good expectation of range from using GlassDoor, and the offer came in above my expectation, so there wasn't a need to negotiate.

Operations Resource Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details Hired via college recruiting. Had an onsite interview at the college. Afterwards, I had panel interviews on location at the hiring plant. I had a final interview with the Area Director (this position no longer exists).

Interview Question – Questions were your standard behavioral based type, "Tell me a time when, blah, blah, blah".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate a lot. For college hires, Frito-Lay tends to pay what your major is typically paid.

Operations Resource

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details Phone interview, followed up behavior based questions in the formal interview. Nothing you wouldn't expect.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work nights and weekends to the total of 50+hours a week.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PepsiCo

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo Operations Resource interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees and interview candidates.