PepsiCo

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details You pass the drug test and background test you are essentially in. You have multiple interviews, two I believe, with the final being a group interview. It's usually two lower level mangers and a big boss or a lower level manager and two big bosses. No need to be intimidated, just a conversation between a group of people. No one attempts to make you feel small.

Interview Question – Why this company?   View Answer

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2009.

Interview Details Applied online. Got call a month later for an interview with HR that took a half hour involving a small sales role play. Did a ride along with another RSR a week later. Another week later had an interview with two District Sales Leaders which was laid back. Hired a month later.

Interview Question – All questions were standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just get ready to do a sales role play where you are selling a product to a manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I knew what I would be getting.

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2013.

Interview Details Took nearly three week to get a confirmation e mail that I made it though the on line process that a lot of big companies use. Calls to HR were not returned. Small group of canidates. Company rep repeated how many hours the job required more than once. Brief mention of company benefits. No pension is offered. Took an hour and a half to process five people though a brief interview.

Interview Question – Use previous job experience to describe how plan and organize/   View Answer

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process begin by taking a lengthy online assessment. Questions ranged from what type of employee would you be if hired, to integrity type questions as what you would do in unethical situations. Also you have to take a math test with fractions, basic math questions and figures. I was then contacted by a Driver manager. It was stressed that the hours would be long and tedious and there would be holiday work to which i indicated was no issue. i was then told i would have to do a voluntary route ride, to see if i wanted to still pursue. i did the route ride on a saturday got there at 5am and done at after 3 pm, Temperatures inside the truck, which was in horrible condition reached 104 degrees, no wiper blades,and a hole in exhaust pipe made it a very loud and uncomfortable ride but the driver was very helpful and answered all my questions. i still decided to pursue because the beginning and potential salary was very enticing. he showed me his commission statement in which he had made 1300 the previous week. i was still interested and called in for an interview that tuesday. met with 6 regional hiring managers who again asked questions about my current job and ethics questions. i felt i had a good interview but received a letter in the mail 3 days later saying they wanted someone with more route sales experience

Interview Question – How I handled a situation that put me in an awkward or conflicting position   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

Interview Details I was hired at a job fair during university to work for the summer. After graduation I asked to come back on a full time basis and was hired on immediately.

Interview Question – Talk about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay/benefits are rigid and non-negotiable.

Route Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details Applied online and was called a few days later. FIrst was a screening interview, followed by a day in the field with a sales rep, then two more interviews. All the interviews were basic straight forward. No question were very difficult.

Interview Question – None. Why Frito Lay?   Answer Question

Interviewed at PepsiCo

Interview Details Phone screening

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Route Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details Applied via phone screening; one phone interview and one face to face interview each lasting no more than 10 minutes each. This was prior to new hiring process, currently you will not even be considered for an interview unless you have a college degree. If location is in a bind for RSR's, they will forgo this requirement and take what they can get. As a result, you have some RSR's that are over qualified for a route position working alongside people who have no aptitude for route sales.

Interview Question – Do you have a problem working holidays?
Do you think you can do the job?
  View Answer

Route Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2009.

Interview Details Situational questions.... Name a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer. How did you handle the situation?..... A time when you disagreed with your superior.....etc. (Google situational interview questions... This will prepare you)

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness? This is a trap question. Have an answer prepared that doesn't diminish your qualities   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You will be paid the set rate by the company. All reps are paid the same regardless of seniority. The only benefit to seniority is the ability to choose a more desirable route based on either money, hours, or days off.

Toledo, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2008.

Interview Details long 3 step process. will take months to hear back

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at PepsiCo

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

PepsiCo Videos

PepsiCo – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo Route Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees and interview candidates.