PepsiCo Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated 26 Jun 2014

3.1

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Must apply online, Normally you will go through a phone screen, a first interview comprising of 2-3 managers, and a final interview. Then you will need to wait for background screening. 3-6 week process.

Interview Questions
  • Understand a customers real needs and recommending a solution.   Answer Question
You take it or dont.

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

I applied online and got an email to complete an online assessment the very next day. A week after completing the assessment I was scheduled for a phone interview which then led to a face to face interview a couple weeks later. The face to face interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and questions regarding my resume. The whole interview lasted about 30 min. I was then contacted a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to a manager who was a "total jerk"?   Answer Question
    I was told it was a standard salary that was not negotiable.

Sales Representative Interview

Phone screening. Then in person interview

none.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2014.

Applied on corporate website and was asked to interview on campus. First round was all behavioral questions. 30 minutes pretty straight forward. Second round is on-site and has two different interviews, one with a sales VP and one with a HR rep.

Interview Questions
    • What is a recent important decision you had to make on the spot?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Phone interview, then interview with TSM

Sales Representative Interview

Met at university Campus recruitment and sent resume and cover letter to HR personnel and Sales Manager directly. I did not apply online. Had a phone interview within a week, a in person interview the next day and a route ride shadow the next day. The whole interview progress was fairly quick, but took a very long time to get a response/update about things (~2 months).

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty easy..
      One was what would you do if you messed up an order and the customer is very upset. For example you placed too much inventory.
        Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interviewed on college campus during career fair, after that, if they liked you they sent you to Pittsburgh for a 2-day interviewing process. A lot of socializing the first night and a panel. Second day you are basically in a group of 6-8 people the whole time doing case studies. You also do individual interviews during the second day. It's all about leadership and they are looking for something very specific.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any "difficult" or "unexpected" questions. Possibly the sales scenario was the most difficult. Literally act as if you are selling someone something, not at an interview.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Met with Pepsico through campus recruiting. Then I had an on campus interview. Then they flew me out for a final round interview with Senior Leaders of the company. For the final round interview, they had me prepare for four different interviews. One was a classic interview i.e. "Why are you the best candidate for the job?". Another one was a sales scenario where I had to role play. Another one was a case study that demonstrated how I handle multiple problems at once. The last one was where they projected my resume onto a screen and told me to sell myself in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • They throw curve balls in the case study. i.e "So you have three places to be tomorrow. You can't go to all of these places because they are too far from each other. Who do you tell that you can't serve and why?"   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2013.

Apply online- Sales Representative. Receive email weeks later for telephone interview. The phone interview summarizes job description, pay and your willingness to work. Two weeks later got called in. Very quick (10min from start to finish) interview with 4 other applicants in the waiting room that will be next.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get me to buy something I don't think I need.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at PepsiCo.

Very extensive and difficult process. You will have an initial on campus interview then your second round will consist of 5 interviews and a dinner. Try to be as social and professional as possible because you are interviewing for a sales position. You will have a sample sales scenario, a resume review, a case study, and two interviews (interviews are behavioral). Try to be as like-able as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Sales Scenario is where most people lose, do your research and try to be as innovative as possible!   Answer Question
    No Negotiation, they will try to sale you on your ability to move up in 6 months to a year (we'll see)

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!