Philips Electronics Interview Questions

Updated 5 Oct 2014
Updated 5 Oct 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in September 2014.

There was an initial test followed by short listing candidates. Then there were two rounds - one technical and one HR. They basically look for good technical skills. HR is just a formality. So if you do well in tech, there is high probability that you get selected.

In the tech, they asked for my project and the part I played in it. Also, there were questions about linux and basic programming. Since I have written about web development in my resume, there were questions about web programming too. They basically expect you to own your work, so you should be able to specify you roles in the projects you have done and also, you should try to present any innovation you have done, since it will bring you bonus points.

Also, dedication to the work and owning your work is given high priority, You can get in even if you have medium coding skills, but have an analytic mind persistent effort and willingness to study. All this will be evaluated in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about linux and its very specific commands. Since I was very well versed with linux, I was able to answer them.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Asked me to write a algorithm for tower of hanoi

General Manager - Marketing Interview

This offer came to me via a consultant. The interview was with the hiring manager himself. He spent a disproportionate amount of time on explaining the role and the operations and he expected me to ask him questions along the way. This 45 min dialogue culminated in him asking me if i was interested in the role and the interivew started. Post this, there was only a HR round.

Embedded Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2013.

a written round (apti+electrical stuff or OS) followed by 1 round interview

Interview Questions
    • think about something innovative... what can u do innovative in this field   View Answer
    pl dont take it up as an intern at any cost.
    if u do then dont keep any hopes of getting permanent job here.
    they take only experienced people as employees.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Philips Electronics in June 2011.

Average interview process.
    Pretty simple interview(Usually depends on project)
    2 rounds of technical, 2 rounds of managerial and 1 HR interview.
    All round are pretty normal, nothing special.
    Basically it is very simple to get most of the jobs in philips except research and certain particular projects.
    Where technical skills are pretty much needed.
    Got offer letter is less than 1 week.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in May 2011.

Initially I got an e-mail from Philips asking me to take up the written test.
    After getting shortlisted I had my interviews and upon clearing the same there was an HR round.

The interview panelists were really very friendly. They gave me an initial idea about Philips Culture, benefits etc. through a PPT. They make a candidate feel at ease.

Interview Questions
    • Given two trees A and B I was asked to design an Algorithm to state if Tree A was a subtree of Tree B.   Answer Question
    • There are 100 balls out of which 99 are of the same weight but one is heavier. In how many minimum attempts you can find the heavier ball?   View Answers (4)
    I did not negotiate as it was a campus offer. The amount offered to us was final.

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2011.

Everything was well planned and went through very well.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2011.

The requirement was for a Core Java professional.
    I was given some white paper and asked to develop an application like notepad. Was given an hour to do so. Then he checked the program, said that the program would not compile and that the interview was over!
    Still wondering if these people haven't yet heard of IDEs

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2011.

Was very thorough and detailed

no negotiation.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Electronics in October 2010.

# Employee Referred