Philips Electronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Philips Electronics.

Interview Details Asked me to write a algorithm for tower of hanoi

Interview Question – mechanism of deadlock resolution in vxworks   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2011.

Interview Details Was very thorough and detailed

Interview Question – Why do u want to work in supply chain   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

General Manager - Marketing Interview

Interviewed at Philips Electronics

Interview Details This offer came to me via a consultant. The interview was with the hiring manager himself. He spent a disproportionate amount of time on explaining the role and the operations and he expected me to ask him questions along the way. This 45 min dialogue culminated in him asking me if i was interested in the role and the interivew started. Post this, there was only a HR round.

Interview Question – What if you had to offer a bribe to bag a big tender   Answer Question

Embedded Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2013.

Interview Details a written round (apti+electrical stuff or OS) followed by 1 round interview

Interview Question – think about something innovative... what can u do innovative in this field   View Answer

Negotiation Details – pl dont take it up as an intern at any cost.
if u do then dont keep any hopes of getting permanent job here.
they take only experienced people as employees.

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2010.

Interview Details Campus interview. Initial Round - Written. Basic quant and C questions. Thru to the Tech round. Asked about my projects. Basic data structure questions in C and OS.

Interview Question – Nothing. Everything was pretty straightforward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. The only offer ihad

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Coimbatore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Philips Electronics in August 2009.

Interview Details Campus selection is the best.
Rarely there will be off campus recruitment for freshers
Experienced people can easily get in
You should be strong in the basics
Strong in technical skills
Not much importance is given to communication skills
If you are strong in technical skills, you can easily clear the interview

Interview Question – There was not any difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was a fresher

Sales Interview

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Philips Electronics in October 2010.

Interview Details # Employee Referred
# Finalization

Interview Question – Most Difficult Sales Moment   Answer Question

SQL Developer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2011.

Interview Details Everything was well planned and went through very well.

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Philips Electronics in July 2010.

Interview Details Philips visited my college for placements. Initially, a General aptitude test of 60Q for an hour on topics such as Quantitative ability, Algorithms and Programming, and logical reasoning. 45 out of 120 were selected for next rounds of interviews. Each of the 35 faced all 3 interviews. 2 of the 3 were technical in nature with some puzzles to solve. 3rd was an HR round. Next day, a telephonic conversation to confirm the Interest in company. On accepting the offer, the letter were mailed on the same day.

Interview Question – Algorithm on which GOOGLE runs.. and in which programming Language it was first written?   View Answer

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Philips Electronics in May 2011.

Interview Details Initially I got an e-mail from Philips asking me to take up the written test.
After getting shortlisted I had my interviews and upon clearing the same there was an HR round.

The interview panelists were really very friendly. They gave me an initial idea about Philips Culture, benefits etc. through a PPT. They make a candidate feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Given two trees A and B I was asked to design an Algorithm to state if Tree A was a subtree of Tree B.   Answer Question
  • There are 100 balls out of which 99 are of the same weight but one is heavier. In how many minimum attempts you can find the heavier ball?   View Answers (4)

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as it was a campus offer. The amount offered to us was final.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Philips Electronics

Worked for Philips Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Philips Electronics – Why Work for Us?

Philips is a global, diversified health and well-being company focused on improving people’s lives by delivering meaningful innovation. We operate in both professional and consumer markets across three main sectors… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Philips Electronics interview questions and advice. All 70 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Philips Electronics employees and interview candidates.