Philips Electronics

Updated 11 Dec 2014
Updated 11 Dec 2014

2.9

Written + 2 Tech + 1 HR
    Written round was simple. Basic aptitude (quantitative and logical)+ technical. Interview was more job specific. One guy was testing my programming logic and subject knowledge and the second guy was testing whether I am fit for the post they offer. Both of them went through my resume. So if u r not confident abt anything then better don't write that in ur resume.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in December 2014.

3 Rounds, Aptitude Test, GD and Personal Interview. Aptitude test had a technical portion too. It was quick and efficient process overall. Interview was taken by a panel of 2, really modest people.

Interview Questions
    • It was a smooth ride. We talked about my internship and my experience as a member of my Hostel Executive Committee.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

First a technical test followed by two interview rounds, technical test also had aptitude questions and questions related to power systems. Interview was completely core and was very difficult, No one was able to crack the interview and they didn't hire anyone

Interview Questions
    • Nothing like unexpected but question from all the areas like communications, power and digital electronics were asked   Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Philips Electronics in November 2014.

Got a call from consultancy. On interview date went to venu, around 50 people were there. After around one and half hour, got call for interview. Questions were standard. Could not solve 1st problem rest answered, but still could not get through 1st round.

Interview Questions
    • Create class like BigInteger in java to solve addition problem between two very big strings.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Electronics in September 2014.

Philips visited our campus for recruitment in September,2014and offered a package of 6 lpa
    1) Technical & Aptitude Test:- On the first day we had the technical and aptitude test round which was organised by aspiring minds. It was a good test which tested our concepts on programming basics & a bit on OOP.

Next day they first had a presentation session for all the students.After that they gave the results of the previous day's test and the shorlisted students were selected for the further rounds.

2) Technical Interview
    3) HR Interview

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in September 2014.

There was an initial test followed by short listing candidates. Then there were two rounds - one technical and one HR. They basically look for good technical skills. HR is just a formality. So if you do well in tech, there is high probability that you get selected.

In the tech, they asked for my project and the part I played in it. Also, there were questions about linux and basic programming. Since I have written about web development in my resume, there were questions about web programming too. They basically expect you to own your work, so you should be able to specify you roles in the projects you have done and also, you should try to present any innovation you have done, since it will bring you bonus points.

Also, dedication to the work and owning your work is given high priority, You can get in even if you have medium coding skills, but have an analytic mind persistent effort and willingness to study. All this will be evaluated in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about linux and its very specific commands. Since I was very well versed with linux, I was able to answer them.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Asked me to write a algorithm for tower of hanoi

General Manager - Marketing Interview

This offer came to me via a consultant. The interview was with the hiring manager himself. He spent a disproportionate amount of time on explaining the role and the operations and he expected me to ask him questions along the way. This 45 min dialogue culminated in him asking me if i was interested in the role and the interivew started. Post this, there was only a HR round.

Embedded Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2013.

a written round (apti+electrical stuff or OS) followed by 1 round interview

Interview Questions
    • think about something innovative... what can u do innovative in this field   View Answer
    pl dont take it up as an intern at any cost.
    if u do then dont keep any hopes of getting permanent job here.
    they take only experienced people as employees.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Philips Electronics in June 2011.

Average interview process.
    Pretty simple interview(Usually depends on project)
    2 rounds of technical, 2 rounds of managerial and 1 HR interview.
    All round are pretty normal, nothing special.
    Basically it is very simple to get most of the jobs in philips except research and certain particular projects.
    Where technical skills are pretty much needed.
    Got offer letter is less than 1 week.