Planned Parenthood

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.7

Health Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in April 2014.

I heard back from a recruiter within a week of applying for the position. I received an email to schedule a day/time for a phone screening. I was just asked simple questions about work history, salary requirement and if I could perform the duties of the position, etc. That same day I was contacted and scheduled for an interview for the following week. I was specifically told that I did not need to get dressed up for the interview, that my favorite scrubs would be fine (however, I wore black slacks and an all black shirt). Interviewer was very nice and relaxed which made me a lot less nervous for the meeting. Typical interview questions were asked, but in a conversational manner that made things flow more smooth as opposed to just being grilled and having questions thrown at you. At the end of the interview, I was scheduled to come back to shadow a particular position to see how comfortable I was before being offered the position. Within a week, I was offered the position!

Interview Questions
    • What did I dislike the most and the least about my current position?   View Answer

Community Outreach Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lansing, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in August 2014.

Submitted online application, was called a few days later to set up a phone interview. My potential supervisor was very clear on what to expect throughout the process, including timeline and the kind of phone conversation I could expect. Interview was exactly what I expected and felt very comfortable. Still have not heard back, do not expect in person interview

Community Education Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

I applied for the Community Education Manager position on a Thursday and got a phone call to set up an interview the next day. HR sends you a application and a background check release form. The initial interview is on the phone and they asked about my work history, work style, strengths and why I wanted to work for Planned Parenthoo.

Insurance Biller Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

One interview. Two managers interviewed me during the same time. Professional. Applied on--line. Response was via telephone. About a week time frame. I originally applied as a volunteer. Then shortly after I applied for a position with the company. They enjoy hiring from within, which makes since.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were general. Why do you want to work for our org...etc   Answer Question
    It was part-time with no negotiation. Set price (non- profit)

Center Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Liked interviewing when I did. Heard It is much different now. After a phone screen, I interviewed with my boss, it went well. My new co-workers go thru multiple interviews. New people are told you can not negotiate salary but you can. I think a lot has changed in the last 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was easy but some new co-workers report they are asked about hypothetical occurrences and pushed for answer "Well, WHAT WOUD YOU DO?" "ARE YOU SURE YOU NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS?"   View Answer

I negotiated and was happy New staff are told up front "You can't negotiate" but my biss says you can. they are told to say that.

President On A Permanent Or Interim Basis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ithaca, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in June 2012.

I was called, interviewed by Chair of the Board, all of the appropriate questions were asked and we discussed various structural possibilitiesI including serving as advisor to the internal candidate if that person was promoted agreed to consider. Then was offered the opportunity but then never heard back from them again. In addition to the in-person interview with Board Chair I had several phone calls, waited for further information including a start date. Never heard directly but through the vine understood they did promote the internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be willing to provide guidance if the decision was made to promote the internal candidate   View Answer
    Didn't here back from them

Public Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in February 2012.

Submitted online application -resume and cover letter.
    Received a phone call to go to their office in Los Angeles.
    Interview lasted about 15-20 minutes with two of my future supervisors.
    Received a follow up phone call about a week later to congratulate me on my acceptance and we discussed days I would be coming in and number of hours I could volunteer per week. Also had to pass a background check before I could start. The whole process took less than a month for me to officially begin the internship.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember what sorts of questions were asked, but I remember being comfortable. The interviewers were friendly.   Answer Question
    Only negotiated the number of hours and days of the week I would be coming in. I had already been told that the internship would be unpaid at the interview.

Heath Center Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

They hire fast, and really take what they can get in a pinch. They prefer that you have a bachelor's degree but high school diploma or GED is all you really need.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know that you support Planned Parenthood's mission. Your religious views are not going to be scrutinized but if you have any personal conflicts with the position then please don't even bother applying, it'll save both parties a lot of time and stress.   Answer Question
    They told me how much they could pay me and there was little negotiating on that number.

Field Organizer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Was emailed to set up a phone interview two weeks after applying online. Interview was relatively simple, with basic questions about what I was looking for in the position, my relevant experience, etc. Lasted about twenty minutes in total, and I was told that they would let me know about in-person interviews the next week.

Interview Questions
    • What are your professional goals in the next year, as well as in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in May 2014.

I applied online for an RN position on April 24th. On May 5th, I received an email from a employee recruiter asking to set up a telephone interview. The following day I spoke with her for about 10 minutes. She asked me about why I wanted to work at PP and other questions about my comfort levels about working at an abortion clinic. I was very excited to be given the opportunity for a phone interview so I was sure express my excitement and gratitude to the woman I phone interviewed with. She told me I sounded like I would be a great fit for the team and told me she would pass on my information to the hiring manager at the clinic and that I should expect a call from her in the next few days. The following Tuesday I heard from the nurse manager and went in for a face to face interview the next day.

The in person interview was perfect, we talked for over two hours about many things and I walked away feeling like this was literally the perfect job for me. I filled out a paper application and a background check and then scheduled a time to come in for a day of shadowing at the clinic. Two days later I spent the day with the team observing and talking to the staff members. At the end of the day the manger asked me how I felt about the shadowing experience and I told her I felt like it was the place I was supposed to be in. She told me she was going to submit my background check and be in touch with me soon.

About two weeks later I took my NCLEX and I called the manager as soon as I found out I had passed and she told me they would begin to prepare an offer for me. A few days later I got my offer and it was everything I needed and more.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with LPNs and other stuff members who have less education than you, but who have more experience and are having a difficult time being delegated to?   View Answer

Worked for Planned Parenthood? Contribute to the Community!