Planned Parenthood

65 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Community Education Manager Interview

Community Education Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details I applied for the Community Education Manager position on a Thursday and got a phone call to set up an interview the next day. HR sends you a application and a background check release form. The initial interview is on the phone and they asked about my work history, work style, strengths and why I wanted to work for Planned Parenthoo.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in moving to New Orleans   Answer Question

Insurance Biller Interview

Insurance Biller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details One interview. Two managers interviewed me during the same time. Professional. Applied on--line. Response was via telephone. About a week time frame. I originally applied as a volunteer. Then shortly after I applied for a position with the company. They enjoy hiring from within, which makes since.

Interview Question – Most questions were general. Why do you want to work for our org...etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was part-time with no negotiation. Set price (non- profit)

Center Manager Interview

Center Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details Liked interviewing when I did. Heard It is much different now. After a phone screen, I interviewed with my boss, it went well. My new co-workers go thru multiple interviews. New people are told you can not negotiate salary but you can. I think a lot has changed in the last 5 years.

Interview Question – My interview was easy but some new co-workers report they are asked about hypothetical occurrences and pushed for answer "Well, WHAT WOUD YOU DO?" "ARE YOU SURE YOU NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS?"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I negotiated and was happy New staff are told up front "You can't negotiate" but my biss says you can. they are told to say that.

President On A Permanent Or Interim Basis Interview

President On A Permanent Or Interim Basis
Ithaca, NY (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in June 2012.

Interview Details I was called, interviewed by Chair of the Board, all of the appropriate questions were asked and we discussed various structural possibilitiesI including serving as advisor to the internal candidate if that person was promoted agreed to consider. Then was offered the opportunity but then never heard back from them again. In addition to the in-person interview with Board Chair I had several phone calls, waited for further information including a start date. Never heard directly but through the vine understood they did promote the internal candidate.

Interview Question – Would I be willing to provide guidance if the decision was made to promote the internal candidate   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't here back from them

Public Affairs Interview

Public Affairs
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in February 2012.

Interview Details Submitted online application -resume and cover letter.
Received a phone call to go to their office in Los Angeles.
Interview lasted about 15-20 minutes with two of my future supervisors.
Received a follow up phone call about a week later to congratulate me on my acceptance and we discussed days I would be coming in and number of hours I could volunteer per week. Also had to pass a background check before I could start. The whole process took less than a month for me to officially begin the internship.

Interview Question – I cannot remember what sorts of questions were asked, but I remember being comfortable. The interviewers were friendly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only negotiated the number of hours and days of the week I would be coming in. I had already been told that the internship would be unpaid at the interview.

Heath Center Assistant Interview

Heath Center Assistant

Interview Details They hire fast, and really take what they can get in a pinch. They prefer that you have a bachelor's degree but high school diploma or GED is all you really need.

Interview Question – They want to know that you support Planned Parenthood's mission. Your religious views are not going to be scrutinized but if you have any personal conflicts with the position then please don't even bother applying, it'll save both parties a lot of time and stress.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me how much they could pay me and there was little negotiating on that number.

Field Organizer Interview

Field Organizer

I applied online and interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details Was emailed to set up a phone interview two weeks after applying online. Interview was relatively simple, with basic questions about what I was looking for in the position, my relevant experience, etc. Lasted about twenty minutes in total, and I was told that they would let me know about in-person interviews the next week.

Interview Question – What are your professional goals in the next year, as well as in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied online for an RN position on April 24th. On May 5th, I received an email from a employee recruiter asking to set up a telephone interview. The following day I spoke with her for about 10 minutes. She asked me about why I wanted to work at PP and other questions about my comfort levels about working at an abortion clinic. I was very excited to be given the opportunity for a phone interview so I was sure express my excitement and gratitude to the woman I phone interviewed with. She told me I sounded like I would be a great fit for the team and told me she would pass on my information to the hiring manager at the clinic and that I should expect a call from her in the next few days. The following Tuesday I heard from the nurse manager and went in for a face to face interview the next day.

The in person interview was perfect, we talked for over two hours about many things and I walked away feeling like this was literally the perfect job for me. I filled out a paper application and a background check and then scheduled a time to come in for a day of shadowing at the clinic. Two days later I spent the day with the team observing and talking to the staff members. At the end of the day the manger asked me how I felt about the shadowing experience and I told her I felt like it was the place I was supposed to be in. She told me she was going to submit my background check and be in touch with me soon.

About two weeks later I took my NCLEX and I called the manager as soon as I found out I had passed and she told me they would begin to prepare an offer for me. A few days later I got my offer and it was everything I needed and more.

Interview Question – How would you deal with LPNs and other stuff members who have less education than you, but who have more experience and are having a difficult time being delegated to?   View Answer

Health Center Assistant Interview

Health Center Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in February 2011.

Interview Details After submission of resume it can take weeks to months to be processed by the HR team. Once sent to the health center manager you will be contacted for an interview. The interview is laid back and informal (still wear business clothes). After that it can take weeks to hear back due to the processing of background checks and verifying references.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company? Tell me what you bring to the table that others may not? Is there anything that may hinder you from completing your duties?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in March 2014.

Interview Details Process took a very long time, met center director, the office was really messy -- it kind of was a turn off. Questions were easy, interview didn't last very long, it seemed she tried to rush it.

Interview Question – Nothing was that difficult   Answer Question

Worked for Planned Parenthood? Contribute to the Community!