Planned Parenthood

54 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

HIV Counselor Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details Applied in July/August. Called for an interview beginning of September. Was informed a week later I was hired. That same week went for a physical (in which that DO NOT drug test. You can call Mt. Sinai and ask because it is even written on the notes where they give shots in the clinic). Started work first or second week in October.

Interview Question – They just want to make sure that you are competent and comfortable with termination services. Make sure your answers reflect your compassion and desire to help people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I just wanted the experience.

Phone Specialist Interview

Aurora, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in June 2013.

Interview Details The hiring at these clinics is tough, for the most part it's rare when a hire will be completely without strings, it's usually always a referral. The company is looking for people that are invested into improving the lives of their patient's on a personal level, so you are more interested in your patient's insurance needs than the average doctor's office.

Interview Question – If you don't want to work at Planned Parenthood, the most obvious question you will get wrong is, "why do you want to work at Planned Parenthood"?   View Answer

Regional Organizer Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details I submitted my resume online for this position, and had practically forgotten about it nearly a month later when I got a screening call from someone in HR. She had the basic questions for me (i.e. "Why are you interested in this position," etc.) and said that she would be passing along my answers to the hiring manager. A couple weeks later I got a call from the hiring manager who wanted to set up an in-person interview for the following day. We ended up talking for about 90 minutes and it was stated that the hiring process would be very quick, but almost three weeks later I still haven't heard anything. I HOPE it's a place that would notify you either way.

Interview Question – "What is the most difficult decision you've had to make when working on a campaign?"   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Development Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details 3 steps: phone (30-45 min), first in-person (1 hour), final in-person (1 hour).

Interview Question – How do you prioritize your work when multiple supervisors tell you their project has to be done at the same time?   Answer Question

Director of Executive and Board Affairs Interview

Sarasota, FL (US)

Interview Details Three separate phone interviews with HR, CEO, and Board Chair. Two separate in-person interviews; first with CEO, then panel interview by executive leadership staff.

Interview Question – How to you feel about encountering abortion protesters?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Advice to others considering an offer: ask for the moon. You might get it, since their turnover is so high.

Business Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in June 2013.

Interview Details I worked with a recruited to get the initial interview. There was a total of 6 people I interviewed with. I needed to come back 3 times to get done through the entire process.

Interview Question – My manager asked me to define specific BA terms example requirements etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I worked with a recruiter and I was firm on my target salary.

Medical Assistant Interview

Medical Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details Why do you want to work here

Interview Question – How would you act towards protesters   Answer Question

Associate Director of External Affairs Interview

Allentown, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in April 2013.

Interview Details phone interview, 2 personal interviews with a panel, PI testing, security checks

Interview Question – What do you know about donor development   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy, counteroffer accepted with a bit of negotiation.

Health Care Assistant Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details One week after my application was submitted. I received a call and an interview was set-up. I was interview by the manager only, given an tour of the facility, introduction to staff , noted that staff was diverse Interview took about 1 hour. 2 days later received a call with offer of position.

Interview Question – Informed of the services offered at Planned Parenthood and how I felt about Abortions. Asked about how I would deal with family and friends who are pro life. Asked if I would have a problem with visible fetal parts.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation in the beginning, not until later

Reproductive Health Specialist Interview

Reproductive Health Specialist
San Francisco, CA (US)

Interview Details I had a phone interview initially which was followed up with an in-person interview about a week later. My interview began with a tour of the clinic with the clinic manager which was a nice touch, I thought. During the interview the she asked me questions from a document that looked like a standardized "interview questions" sheet which listed a bunch of behavioral-type interviewing questions. At the end I was exhausted!

Interview Question – I wish I remembered more questions. One I recall was something like "tell me about a time you encountered a frustrated patient or customer and how dealt with it."   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Planned Parenthood

Worked for Planned Parenthood? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Planned Parenthood interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Planned Parenthood employees and interview candidates.