Polo Ralph Lauren

Updated 21 Jan 2015
Updated 21 Jan 2015

2.4

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

At my store - there is a simple, basic paper application. The same kind of application that you see in any sort of retail job. No resume was necessary. I received a call the next day by the hiring manager that wanted to see me. He asked me about my retail experience (which was very minimal at the time) as well as what would qualify me to be an excellent sales associate. The next interview was with the store manager who asked me more of the personality, work ethic questions. At the end of the interview, the store manager gave me a piece of paper with a website and a survey code. It was one of the surveys that dealt with lying and personality.

Interview Questions
    • If you see a fellow associate stealing - what would you do? (I had very little retail experience before. But many retail companies tend to always ask this question. Be confident in your answers.)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Two interviews, both brief and had the usual interview questions. "What are your strengths?, What are your weaknesses"? The questions are straight forward with the exception of the below. The setting is comfortable and the expectations are clear.

Interview Questions
    • What can you add that we don't already have?   View Answer

Management appeared to be chaotic

Sales Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

easy to go through they really want to make sure you will be there on time and do not call out. Work is not that hard but it pays for now

Interview Questions
    got a little bit more out of them

Sales Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

If you know someone that works there, they will hire you. It was that simple. They will ask you to come about two times and then tell you that you are hired. They like women who wear little to no makeup and do not permit colored nails or extreme hairstyles.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any megotiation. They told me how much the pay was and that was that.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

It went well, they asked basic questions nothing that surprised me. There was a group interview first and then 3 days later I got a call to come back for a private interview with the manager.i was offered the position about a week later. I am very pleased with them. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation at a past job and how hou handled it.   Answer Question
    It was my first job so what they offered me was fine, I was not looking for too much

Stock Associate/Sale Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in November 2014.

quick process. It took the hiring manager to contact me about 3 days after completing application. It was also good to know someone that works there. I received a call to come in to do a 1 on 1 interview. Then I received a call that I got the job and to come in to do orientation. I started working in about a weeks time. 2 weeks max.

Interview Questions
    didnt negotiate. pay was accurate for work.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

One group interview, super simple behavioral questions. They did not ask much about prior experience, they just want to make sure you fit their culture and "look". They made us go and pick out an outfit also, the key is to have many layers.

It was my first retail job and I got through it no problem.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all top 10 most common behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate because it was my first job and 8/hr seemed fine.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Handed an application in in person. Received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. The interview was in a group of 5 people. Basic questions about experience, how you would handle an unruly customer, etc.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

I applied online and they got back to me within 2 weeks. I came in for a one on one interview with assistant manger who was very nice and welcoming. Asked general interview questions, nothing out of the box. She then gave me information to fill out this online survey at home right after the interview.

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Recruited by an independent company. Had a phone interview with hiring manager followed by a phone interview with 4 others on the same call. Very hard to hear, etc with the group call but overall a good experience. Flown in for in-person and interviewed by 8 people in 1 day. Not horrible, not too tough. HR was hard to negotiate with and HR person was not very easy to work with in general. Issues with relocation and vacation. Hiring director was amazing to work with.