Polo Ralph Lauren

Relevance Date Difficulty

Shipping and Receiving Supervisor Interview

Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2014.

Interview Details I originally applied for the Shipping and receiving supervisor position at RL for the new store they were opening in Aug on 5th Ave. I received a digital interview request after one week that without any detail information. I did it and thought that was the first step for screening. After 1 week I received an email from the HR Intern that they would hold a hiring event in their Soho store. I will have the opportunity to explore more info regarding the positions open. So I went to the event and got a chance to meet with their logistic manager and HR people. The conversations were pleasant and the logistic manager even asked details like what was my ending salary from last position, so I thought I was being interviewed the position I originally applied for. After that hiring event, I received another email from HR intern that they wanted to have a final interview with me. On the email, I asked what position they will offer to me, the Intern replied there were different positions from sales associate to supervisor, the manager will decide later. So I went to the final interview and I was told only 30% of positions are full time. They wanted to assign Sales associate or cashier PT position to me since I speak other languages! The manager even said I knew you applied for the supervisor position, but I didn't see your skill set fits the position. What do you mean my skill set doesn't fit the position? I have years logistic experience and you told me I can't be a supervisor? I was totally freaked out even tho I didn't say anything in front of those managers! The experience was horrible as I felt RL wasted my time! After talking to my friends who applied for jobs at RL, they said they had very similar experience as well. Until now, I didn't receive a word from RL regarding the hiring process maybe they have sensed I wouldn't take their PT position. However, I feel I deserve at least an email to notify the status no matter what. RL is the company for fresh grads who are seeking for a PT job in retail to make money. Otherwise, avoid them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Polo?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Beverly Hills, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in October 2010.

Interview Details You meet with different managers. If they like you they make you a job offer. Simple. None of the questions were difficult to answer. As long as you research how to interview well, and you are prepared, and assuming you are qualified for the position and your work experience qualifies you for the position, you're in.

Interview Question – It's very basic. No trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is standard for everyone and non-negotiable. $10 base pay, commission vs draw, however you do not have to pay back the draw, it's yours if you don't make commission.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in July 2012.

Interview Details Friendly, comfortable, engaging. Interview lasted over an hour. Great company that has stood the test of time in retailing. If you are committed to a global company, you will have a productive career with this company. Maturity, professionalism, genuine character...you must like people, or you will not succeed in this company or sales generally.

Interview Question – Explain the evolution of Ralph Lauren as a designer and what brands and subsidiaries exist today.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details The interview and hiring process and Ralph Lauren is exciting, fun, interesting, and lighthearted. I was contacted by the recruiting staff with interview details and confirmation through email, the email was professional and detailed. The recruiters were extremely helpful in answering any questions I had before the interview, which helped me to be much more at ease. When I arrived, I was kindly greeted in the lobby by the recruiter I'd spoken to, which again, made me feel welcome and comfortable. I interviewed with two members of senior management, which was nice to see that they cared about the hiring process. It was informal, short, and sweet. I couldn't get a good gage on how they felt about me upon leaving, but I was happily surprised to have been hired shortly following the interview.

Interview Question – In my second interview with the senior manager, I was only asked four questions. "Why do you want to work in this department?" "Why do you want to work at Ralph Lauren?" "Why did you choose the major you chose?" "What do you hope to gain from this experience?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As an intern, I did not feel it was appropriate to negotiate in any fashion.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Assistant Merchandiser
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details The interview process moved very fast. I was asked to meet with the head of talent recruitment and go over my experiences and skills. From there, he forwarded my resume to the hiring managers of the positions I best fitted. Then I was offered an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – All very straight forward, behavioral questions though this varies with who you're interviewing with.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren

Interview Details Phone interview and screening, then 3 separate interviews with directors. Heard back 2 weeks after via email about job that I didn't get it. Interviews for the most part were situational and nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – just the usual.   Answer Question

Associate Merchandiser Interview

Associate Merchandiser

Interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren

Interview Details A lot of questions about the brand and what I know about it, and if I had tried on the product. As well as my work history and my general life history. Questions about systems and if I was proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook.

Interview Question – What do I think the brand is missing.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Floor Supervisor Interview

Sales Floor Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview Details 1 interview with General Manager.
1 interview with immediate supervisor (ASM for Men's Dept.).
The first interview lasted approx. 45 minutes.
The second interview lasted approx. 30 minutes.
Questions weren't out of the ordinary in any way.

Interview Question – Questions weren't too difficult.   Answer Question

Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in April 2013.

Interview Details The emails to arrange the interview were very messy, got directed to different people before I could schedule a meeting. Then when the interview day came I arrived and the person I was supposed to interview with wasn't there, so I was interviewed by someone who I haven't been in contact with before. The interview went well I thought but after the interview the response time and emails were not up to the standards that I was taught throughout my education as a Human Relations major. It was a subpar interview they seemed flustered and overwhelmed at the time. Not getting to know the interviewee.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were a leader and how you were able to be a successful leader.   Answer Question

Lyndhurst, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied to Ralph Lauren's corporate development program and wanted to go into merchandising or buying. After a couple of weeks, I was contacted by the head of campus recruiting for RL and had a short conversation with her where I was asked to tell her about myself, what I am looking for in an internship with Ralph Lauren and what departments I would ideally like to work with. After this, she set me up for an interview with someone from the merchandising department. This interview was more like an informal conversation. My interviewer was very friendly, and I wasn't asked any unanticipated questions. The team ended up choosing another candidate but I was lucky enough to be set up for a second interview with another department which was a bit more formal than my previous interview. I was contacted about a week later and offered an internship position for this summer which I accepted.

Interview Question – Are you more of a qualitative or qualitative person?   Answer Question

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!