Polo Ralph Lauren

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

2.4

Sales Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

If you know someone that works there, they will hire you. It was that simple. They will ask you to come about two times and then tell you that you are hired. They like women who wear little to no makeup and do not permit colored nails or extreme hairstyles.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any megotiation. They told me how much the pay was and that was that.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

It went well, they asked basic questions nothing that surprised me. There was a group interview first and then 3 days later I got a call to come back for a private interview with the manager.i was offered the position about a week later. I am very pleased with them. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation at a past job and how hou handled it.   Answer Question
    It was my first job so what they offered me was fine, I was not looking for too much

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

One group interview, super simple behavioral questions. They did not ask much about prior experience, they just want to make sure you fit their culture and "look". They made us go and pick out an outfit also, the key is to have many layers.

It was my first retail job and I got through it no problem.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all top 10 most common behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate because it was my first job and 8/hr seemed fine.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Handed an application in in person. Received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. The interview was in a group of 5 people. Basic questions about experience, how you would handle an unruly customer, etc.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

I applied online and they got back to me within 2 weeks. I came in for a one on one interview with assistant manger who was very nice and welcoming. Asked general interview questions, nothing out of the box. She then gave me information to fill out this online survey at home right after the interview.

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Recruited by an independent company. Had a phone interview with hiring manager followed by a phone interview with 4 others on the same call. Very hard to hear, etc with the group call but overall a good experience. Flown in for in-person and interviewed by 8 people in 1 day. Not horrible, not too tough. HR was hard to negotiate with and HR person was not very easy to work with in general. Issues with relocation and vacation. Hiring director was amazing to work with.

Assistant Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in September 2014.

The interview was pretty straightforward and the interviewer(s) were fairly friendly. Nothing unexpected or too challenging. They ask you to explain your work and skills. As for hiring process the company takes a long time to get back to you in between interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected or too difficult questions. The usual ones about your skills, what you already know and expect to learn, your experiences, your past jobs.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester Center, VT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester Center, VT (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in August 2014.

Applied online to 3 job postings at the same Polo Store in VT. Called a week or 2 later for an interview, had about a 2 hour interview, basic questions nothing too crazy other than the one I mentioned below. Asked about background, proof I could sell something, asked to pick out an outfit (get as many add ons in as possible, belts, scarves, socks, etc.). Showed the entire store, top to bottom, met a couple employees and that was it. Got a call back the next day, offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a bicycle what piece of the bicycle would you be?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Revenue Flow Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in August 2014.

Application Online. Contacted the same day I submitted the application. Little talk with the HR on the day after, then Skype interview of 2.5 hours with Director, Manager and HR. Little Excel and Access exercises with the HR.
    They also did the background check calling all my previous employers.
    Contacted after a week for the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The usual: where do you see yourself in 5 year? What will you bring to the comany? Why RL?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in July 2014.

Filled out an application in store. Assistant Manager pulled me to the side for a quick interview, gave me a survey card to fill out. Said if I hear back from them that's good, if not it's bad. Got a call two days later for an interview with HR. Went in 30 minutes early and she forgot about me. I waited an hour & 30 minutes. One of the workers who I had met a few days earlier was the one who went to go get the lady to let her know I was waiting. I was upset bc I had to wait that long. So the interview was just okay. Said she'd call me back for a second interview later in the week. Idk if I'll go.

Interview Questions
    • What's your previous retail experience?   View Answer