Polo Ralph Lauren Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.4

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

3 interviews. Had to pass an online survey that is behavioral. wants assertive and ethical managers. Standard behavioral questions that can lead to casual business conversation.

the look is important and cannot stress enough that it's not enough to just wear a suit and tie. read GQ and Esquire to make sure alterations were done well

Interview Questions

• Why Ralph Lauren?
      Tell me about how you were proactive in driving your business at ________________
      What is your management style?
      What is a weakness of yours?
      How have you driven results at _____________?
      Tell me about client outreach and community partnerships at ______________

Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

It was the normal interview process. Received a call from a non qualified HR person, interviewed with the GM that was overwhelmed. Second interview with the DM that seemed to care and then was hired shortly afterwards.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Initial contact with HR was months after my resume had been submitted internally by a current employee. First interview was with HR, then a second interview with direct manager and a few team members. The final interview consisted of a project- analysis of 4 different stores. There was also an excel test, short, just formatting and quick analysis, a v-look up.

Interview Questions

• The usual- strengths, weaknesses, describe a situation you had to work with a difficult person and how you overcame it, describe your working habits as a individual and a team   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Very casual interview. The General Manager was busy doing other duties, so the hiring "co-manager" interviewed my by herself in the store. It was very casual and I actually hit on questions that she hadn't even asked yet while answering the current one. Final interview was a 1 on 1 with the GM where she asked why I wanted to work there instead of their competitors and why I thought I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for us instead of Calvin Klein or Tommy Hilfiger? What differentiates us from those stores?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

It was not too bad. They asked a few questions, and it was over. The atmosphere was pleasant. The interviewer was pretty decent. No question was too hard. This is the way an interview should be. Who thought it could be so smooth?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Interview

Directly to the store manager because I was referred by one of her manager. Very nice one. It went fast and they were in a hurry. Questions are pretty the same as the others. Why work here and strength etc.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Savannah, GA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 4 applicants and 3 company mangers. Very pleasant atmosphere and they made us all feel at ease and comfortable. They did not make us feel intimidated and always said "ok, good" after we answered their question. The complete interview took approximately a half hour. They did not keep us waiting, we started right on time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked as a team and how you overcame an obstacle with that team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

about 20 minute conversation...women were very nice and helpful. not awkward at all. listened attentively and asked typical questions of an interviewer. Tell me about one of your past internships. Big Company? Make sure to ask them a few questions. this is helpful

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little bit about why you are interested in getting into an internship in retail?

Why do you want to work at RL?

What do you know about Ralph Lauren?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

very relaxed process, just wanting to get to know you and have a conversation around the reasoning for applying - very interested in the advancement of your career; very considerate about scheduling and flexibility, all in all a great experience

Management Interview

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email thanking me for my interest. The only thing she asked me was how much I am currently making and how much I am expecting. I thought it was kind of rude to ask that only, and so early in the recruitment process, especially since I had indicated my current salary on my online application.

I responded back answering her question, also expressing that I was very interested in having a conversation with her to discuss opportunities (and not just salary!). I never heard back from them.

I guess I was too expensive and they couldn't afford me given my experience, but I wish I could have given her reasons as to why I deserve it.

Interview Questions

• How much are you currently making and how much are you expecting.   Answer Question