Progressive Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2015
Updated 11 Apr 2015

3.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Be prepared for a thorough interview process. I applied January 20 through indeed.com. On January 21 I got a confirmation email that they had received my application and we're going to review it. On February 3 I received an email asking me to take a 45 to 60 minute assessment test. On February 6 I got an email stating that I had passed The assessment and to wait few days to get either an email or phone call with more information about the next step. On February 11 I got an email stating that I was going to have a phone interview attached was able to schedule that I had to choose which one I would like to take the recruiter was going to be in Mountain standard time I had to convert Pacific standard time from Mountain standard time making sure that I was available during the interview hours that were available so I chose afternoon. My phone interview was scheduled for Monday, February 16 it ended up being Presidents' Day I was a little surprised somebody was working but absolutely welcome to the interview no matter what day or time it was.The recruiter called me exactly on time and we had an hour long phone interview he gave me a little background about the company he gave me information about the wages the benefits the hours and the pay training. He then proceeded to start the star interview. Study the star questions! but all went well I was really comfortableand he was really patient with me. On February 16 I received an email stating that I was going to be moving forward and they were going to be checking my background and to wait for the next coming days for an email with the confirmation and any paperwork to fill out online to confirm the background check. The background check was completed by higher right when they had a discrepancy or couldn't get a hold of something on my background they requested additional information via email and provided three new methods of getting the information to them by phone by email or by fax and you could take a picture of your documentation and have it scanned through to them by an app called TurboScan the app cost $1.99. Before my background check was complete I got a phone call on February 17 from another recruiter asking to schedule my face-to-face interview she told me it would be between 2 to 3 hours at the on-site location she was very flexible providing times and dates that would work for me. Immediately after that call took place she sent me a follow-up email with all the information where to go what day what time and who to ask for.my interview was yesterday I met with two super friendly really nice and outgoing recruiters I was terrified for my interview because it was supposed to be 2 to 3 hours long and I didn't know what that would entail but that time flew by my first interview was the longest my second interview was the shorter portion both are very friendly and I was taken to the customer service call center floor and sat with one of their reps. it was very helpful to sit in with the rep to get an idea of what I would be doing I was then I was picked back up by the second interview her she asked me how the calls went I described a couple of the calls and she walked me to the elevator and then to the front office window to return my visitor badge she asked me again if this is something I could see myself doing an absolutely it was I'm not waiting the next 3 to 5 days to hear back whether I got the job fingers crossed this sounds like an amazing opportunity and company and I would really love to join the team.

Interview Questions

Progressive Insurance Response

Apr 16, 2015Talent Acquisition

Thanks for providing such a detailed account of your experience. Hope the positive experience continued! -KH, Recruiting

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied online. It took me three attempts for my resume to get accepted and get through to the survey. I took the survey but was not selected for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all situation based and how you would handle it.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me. She told me to apply, do a couple of assessments and depending on the results we would schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview depending on the answers we would then set up an actual face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What comes to mind when you hear the word "Progressive"?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied Feb 12th. Within a a few days I received an email for me to take an assesment. Within a few days of that I received another email saying they were going to set me up with a phone interview. After the interview I did my background check. I got a call shortly after that about a face to face interview. I just interviewed today. It took abut 2 hrs. I interviewed with 2 women who were very nice and friendly. They told me I would hear back by the end of the week. I just got a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a lot of things to do. How did you manage and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Progressive Insurance Response

Apr 16, 2015Talent Acquisition

Welcome to the Progressive family! -KH, Recruiting

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied Feb 22. Feb 24th I received an email stating that I passed the assessment and will be contacted for a phone interview. I received an email, that allowed me to schedule a phone interview. I only had one choice. March 6th. I prepared by researching STAR questions. I basically wrote out some of the best scenarios and practiced how to answer them that touched everything that needed to be addressed. My phone interview was successful and i was scheduled for a face to face that day. I went to my face to face interview March 11, 2015. I was asked more star questions. I answered them to the best of my ability. My phone interviewer suggested I used more examples from my military experience, bc they want to hear more about that. So I did, but I'm not quite sure I was giving answers they wanted to hear, bc they kept digging for more by asking things like "how was that a bad experience" or "what was the outcome". I felt I was repeating alot, so I'm not sure if they missed a few things bc they were writting, which is absolutely fine, or if I wasn't explaining myself properly, which is a absolutely not fine. I was taken to the floor and listened to calls for 30 minutes. The calls were from customers and agents. The systems were easy to follow. I spoke with 2 supervisors. Both were friendly and very easy going. But im afraid I answered some interviewing questions wrong. Examples were hard to give bc I haven't worked in 3 years. I was told that I would recieve an answer in 48 hours. Overall, I had a nice experience. The atmosphere was great, and I look forward to becoming a progressive employee. Oh and I was emailed and completed the background check 3 days before my face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time u received a difficult phone call? How did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, contacted to take a Pre employment assessment test. Once I passed, I was then notified to set up an appointment for a phone interview. They do the STAR interview process. (Situation, Task, Action, Result.) so be prepared for those type questions. The next week I was contacted for a background check. Then a week later I was called for an In person interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very I depth and thorough. A lot different than I've ever done be prepared to answer a lot of questions about past experience using example of how you felt with it and the outcome. Most of the phone interview and face to face was this style.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Applied online on jan 8 2015.

Jan 10 2015 received an email to complete a pre-employment assessment.

Jan 15 2015 received an email to schedule a phone interview.

Jan 20 2015 Completed a 45 minute phone interview. 1st half I was briefed on the nature of the job, 2nd half I was asked about previous work and school experience and about 5 behavioral questions. Awaiting if i I will be moving forward or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Progressive?
      A time you were given constructive critisism?
      A time where your manager disagreed how you handled a particular customer?
      What would your previous manager say your strengths are? Areas of improvement?
      Reason for leaving previous job?

Other questions regarding work and school experience.

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on 12/4 through the website. About two days later they sent me an invitation to do the assessment. Completed that the same day and then the following week I got an email to set a phone interview time. (let me just say the entire process is VERY thorough and long lol) but anyway, I want to say the phone interview was the same week. I passed that. The recruiter was very nice, she even gave me tips on my resume and briefed me about how the onsite interview would go. I got an email the following Monday requesting a background check--I submitted my info for it. By Friday I was called to schedule an on-site interview which didn't take place until this month. (hence the longevity I spoke of earlier)

The onsite interview lasted about 1 1/2 hours. I met with two separate managers. The 1st one was soooo nice and interactive. Every response I gave her came with positive feedback from her. Then I went in and listened to a few calls w/a rep on the floor. Another manager came to get me. She was okay. Not mean, not too nice though. I had already asked all the questions I had to the 1st lady so the 2nd one asked and I told her I didn't have any questions so she got straight to it. I was a little intimidated since she wasn't AS social/friendly as the 1st one but again she wasn't bad either.

Alright so a week later I got a call from the hiring manager offering me the position. I had to chose a different schedule then what I originally signed for but I like the 2nd schedule even more :)

Long process, understandable though--they really try to find the best possible candidate. Out of all job interviews I've ever been on this was the hardest in sense of questioning--but definitely not something you cant accomplish if you DO YOUR RESEARCH!(Star questions, about 12 total)

Interview Questions

• I cant think off hand, but I know I was asked at least two from the website.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.. It is a decent offer for me so I Gladly accepted

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

Progressive seems to be very thorough with the interview process. I would not consider the process to be easy or hard. I think that if you put the effort in and really want the job then you will be fine. First applied online within a couple of days I got an email about taking an online assessment. From there I was invited to an on-site interview event where there was about 20 other people there and each person had a different interviewer. After the on-site interview they took me to an office to schedule an interview with two hiring managers. The second interview took about 2 hours. The interview questions were challenging but, not impossible. If you are thorough in your answers and provide a lot of details you will be good. They mostly ask questions about past experiences. Out of my three interviews I liked all of the interviewers they did a great job and made the interview go smoothly. I think if you are super friendly and nice you will be a shoe in! The process took about 3 weeks so not too shabby.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really a negotiation phase