Prudential Interview Questions

2.7

Customer Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Prudential in August 2008.

the interview process was excellent. I had a very good experience, they are very professional compared to other companies in the Industry. The only thing that was negative was on my part. I was rejected in the first attempt due to wearing casual wear for an interview, later in that day my consultancy called them and enquired and were informed that due to the non professional dress code for the interview they rejected me but later they called me the next day in a formal dress code took one more round of 1:1 interview and i was given the offer

Interview Questions
    • What are your views about the building that you see outside the window?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, the offer that they gave me was an excellent offer for my qualification and experience and in the year 2006 it was the best in the industry.

Sales Training Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Prudential.

Prudential put me through an in person series of interviews. The HR recruiter told me that I was the only candidate and it turns out, I was one of six candidates for a half day series of interviews. I took a day off from work and drive 4 hours to their Hartford office and stayed over night - they paid for my hotel and meal expenses. The recruiter asked me to do two writing assignments and submit them prior to the interview and do a work style assessment to see if I was a good culture fit. Be careful of companies who ask you to do a written assignment - they are just using you for their own benefit of free work...I worked for three days to make perfect so they would see how competent I am because I thought I was the top candidate and it was the final round of interviews. That was sooo not true.

I met with four people in the department. They seemed nice but none of the four had any sales training experience - I am a seasoned sales training leader and bring deep experience.

They declined me without even progressing me to the next round saying that the person they hired was a sales professional in the industry and they would learn how to do training.

Interview Questions
    • Don't recall any difficult questions just the writing assignments.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Prudential.

Interviewed on campus originally where I was asked about general behavioral questions. We went over my resume and was asked to elaborate on some of my resume points. Later we had a random discussion about an online website I used and how his wife and son were addicted to the same site. I didn't hear back for like 3 weeks and then received a call to come in the next day. The on site interview was two 30min interviews with two people at the time. The next day I got the offer. Never had a technical question.

None

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlton, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in December 2013.

Through different recruiting avenues, a Manager of Financial Services (MFS) or an agency recruiter will get in touch with a prospective hire. The next step is sitting down in person with an MFS for an informal discussion of experience and goals to identify if there is a fit. The MFS is your immediate boss while working in this role, so you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. During this phase, you are also required to take an aptitude and an ethics test which are very easy and can be completed in office in an hour. However, you can be passed along or moved to another MFS in that office if the MFS decides that they do not want you on their team. Next is a phone interview with form questions from corporate that every hire must answer. Typical "explain a time when you faced a deadline and how you handled the pressure to complete a project" type of questions. Lastly you meet with the Managing Director of the agency in the last interview to take care of any remaining questions or issues and to offer you employment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the last time you disobeyed a direct order from a superior.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. You work for yourself and make exactly what you are willing to work for.... commission based sales.

Senior Associate, Actuarial Interview

one round of phone interview, on site interview with 5 people. Better to get internal referral to increase the success rate. Interview is half half on behavior question and technical questions.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

Pretty easy interview process, focused on your network, project two hundred is a big part of things. They did three interviews for me, each time they really sold themselves more than me selling to them. I took the job so we'll see how things go. You have to pay for your licenses but they supposedly reimburse you after you start working. We'l see.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview with HR recruiter, training manager and sales manager. Both training manager and sales manager pretend that they are the Principal, but neither is, and you probably won't meet the branch principal for months. If you can meet the background check requirements (ie) you are not a convicted felon still on probation; and you say you can pay for your training upfront, and also say that you are willing to sell the 5 policies to your family and friends; you will get accepted. Pru is making money off of you and you will have to pay them for your series 6 and 63 exams, and for email access, etc... They don't tell you that the 5 accounts and $7500 in GDR is really about $800,000 in policy sales; and those 5 family and friends who you convince to help you out to get a new job will never speak to you again; after they start feeling the pinch of those high Pru premiums and service charges galore; for a policy that they can't get out of for the rest of their lives; without possibly ruining their credit.

Interview Questions
    • You have to complete a Project 200 list where you list 200 of your family and friends, and contacts that you will attempt to sale insurance to. They will ask you when and how soon you can sell as many of these people as you can sell life insurance policies too.   View Answer
    One way, and you sign an employment agreement that they will not give you a copy of (excuse is that you will get a copy after the managing principal signs off); but you will never get a copy; so you can't sue them later on.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Prudential.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out an application. After doing so, I received another email asking me to complete an 88 question character assessment. The assessment covered my past experience as well as hypothetical situations that asked what would I be most/least likely to do and asked me to select from a list of choices that were generic and not particularly close to what I would actually do. No opportunity for explanation was given and "none of the above" was not an option.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything particularly difficult. The most difficult thing for me was trying to figure out the logic of the hiring process. I received an email from a recruiter, timestamped at 11:30 PM on a Monday evening, requesting that I apply. I completed the application and assessment on Tuesday afternoon and received a letter informing me that I had not been hired (via email) on Thursday morning with no explanation as to why.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Prudential in January 2014.

3 stages, meeting with manager, then agency trainer, then managing director. Pretty simple process. Pretty structured. the final interview with the managing director was the most intimidating because it was very structured. Make sure you are prepared for the interview questions. They can be very difficult. The agency trainer was very nice. Didn't ask too many difficult questions.

Executive Assistant Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR representative and then she placed me an a face to face interview with two senior leaders. The process was fairly quick. The HR representative called me personally to tell me that I was not chosen for the role.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect two questions in a row about working on a team where conflicts needed to be resolved.   Answer Question

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!