Public Storage

2.6

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Public Storage in January 2010.

One Round nterview technical

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Public Storage in January 2015.

The interview was very lengthy ( 1 1/2 hrs), so be prepared. Based on the employees I saw, the company presents a very blue collar image. The man who gave me a tour of the facility was very adamant about the job security. Offered by the company. Anyone who wants to work for public storage should be self aware, practical, organized and responsible.

Interview Questions
    • what extra curriculum activities where you involved in during high school?   View Answer
    There were no negotiations. The pay will increase by .50¢ after 6 months.

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Storage.

Public Storage likes to think that they have a detailed interview process, however they simply follow the "A" Method interview guide. They complete a phone screen with you and if you pass the phone screen you will meet for an in person interview where they follow "A" Method. Simply look this up prior to your interview and you will be well prepared--there is a book if you really want go overboard. It's a chronological interview and they are looking for three high points and low points--they begin with your time in high school, college, and your job history. If they like you they will send you for a "DM Ride Along" where you will spend a few hours with a local District Manager. The DM will send them a report of what they think and again, if they like you they will pass you on to the Divisional VP, and they will prep you for that interview. IF the Divisional VP approves they will send you to California to interview with the COO. Again...if they like you, but they don't think you will do well with the COO they will spend a few hours prepping you for that interview. Kind of a joke...

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there are no difficult questions because they follow the set plan for "A" Method. You can nail it if you are prepared. They are just looking for you to respond and give them three pluses and three negatives. Experience used to be a requirement, but they have really dropped that in favor of a much younger audience. If you are 35 and over you need not apply as you are not what they are looking for at this time. The trend is to hire right out of college with little or no experience.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. The salary and bonus program are fixed and will not be changed.

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Public Storage in November 2014.

Apply online .Get phone interview if passed get called in face to face.
    You meet Dm and Regional manager for last two interviews.
    Background check,Drug,references,call past employers.
    That's basic it in a nutshell

Interview Questions
    • What opportunity did you have on your last job 2 negatives,Then asked 2 positives   Answer Question

Resident Property/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Public Storage.

A friend got hired and told me to go and check them out because they were really cool. I decided what the heck. I got to meet the District Manager who was new and we started discussing my background in storage. I had worked for another company so we just compared notes. I remember when I went back to get my drug test form I was in shorts and I apologized for dressing unprofessionally the DM said "he wished he was in shorts too.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was expected. I know now they ask you to sell them a pen during the interview,   Answer Question
    I had a job I didn't care if they hired me. I told them what I wanted and they gave it to me.

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Storage in October 2014.

I applied to Public Storage and got called for a phone interview. Once i passed the phone screen, i was asked to come down for a face-to-face interview with the DM. The regional manager also happened to be on location and decided to interview me at the same time. (Otherwise i wouldve been given a phone screen by him and an additional face-to-face interview) they were amazing! Laid out their plans for me, told me exactly why they needed me and asked me plenty of personal questions, to learn more about who i am as a person. I was very lucky, i got a job offer right on the spot! Needless to say, i was very happy, i felt like my accomplishments had finally been acknowledged by a company. Im very excited for what lies ahead! Within a week, igot hired and completed my background and DT . today is my first day!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you really felt like you couldve done something better or differently but you didnt.   View Answer
    Great. He explained compensation,benefits, and future opportunities.

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage in October 2014.

Smooth and well run but a very long day of final interviews. I did well - but I'm good at interviewing and even I became exhausted saying the same thing over and over again. Questions in all interviews were very similar so it became repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions on weaknesses. More than an average interview...   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Public Storage.

They asked pretty normal questions about my past job experience, reason for leaving last job, questions on my salary needs, pretty generic interview, questions on what I would bring to the table

Better Job

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Interviewed by Dan, seems like great guy, questions were in-depth and based on experience. I only made it to the phone interview but I know the in-person interview is three or more hours in length. I decided to pursue other options before the second interview.

Relief Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Storage in September 2014.

Applied online and received a phone call the next day. The first step in the interviewing process consisted of a phone screening with the District Manager. The DM basically asks if you can perform the necessary duties, please tell me about yourself and your past experience, then sets up a face to face interview (which for me was the next week). Before the face to face, I recommend focusing on STAR interview techniques (Situation, Task, Action, Result) so you will be well prepared. It was not difficult at all, but somewhat redundant. If you answer the questions well and do a great job in describing your past work experience you will be fine. After face to face with DM, you will have to interview with the Regional Manager. The RM asks you basically the same things but in less time (more or less like the phone screening but in person). After this you will do background check, drug test and walk through the location to see what they do on daily basis.

Interview Questions
    • Remember STAR technique and your answers will flow in a formal and consistent way. This will apply to mostly all of their questions. Here are a few questions to give you an idea

1. Give me a time where you gave excellent customer service?
      2. Give me a time where you could have done better? (Work or personal)
      3. What did you like and dislike about your past or current job?
      4. Tell me about High School and what you were proud of and could have done better?
      5. Tell me about your last three jobs (Two things you were happy you accomplished in that job and two things you could have done better)
      6. Why are you willing to leave your job?
      7. What do you like about your supervisor (Last three jobs)
      8. Tell me about how you sell?
      9. What are your best and worst characteristics?
      10. Looking back what would you have done differently if you knew the outcome in your past jobs?
      11. Sell me this pen..

They do care about you as a person and how this job will make you better. In your interview emphasize sells, providing urgent care, handling yourself in a professional manner, having fun and enjoying people and you will do fine. Remember to ask questions to make yourself more available to learning more about the company and if this best suits you and your goals.

View Answer
    No negotiation, but it is Full-time and you get PTO and bonuses. The next promotion up is Property Manager, but that's it as far as climbing up in the company. Although if you go to school and receive a degree I am sure you will have a better chance at working in a different area of the company.