Public Storage

2.5

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Public Storage in January 2010.

One Round nterview technical

District Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage.

The interview process is a long one. You are contacted first by a recruiter who goes through the basic details with you and then are contacted by a Regional Manager. You have a brief phone interview and then are asked to come in for what will be one of the longest interviews of your life.

You sit with a Regional Manager and are asked the following questions:
    What were your two highs and lows of HIGH SCHOOL?
    What were your two highs and lows of COLLEGE?
    On your last 3 jobs you're asked:
    What were you hired to do?
    What were your two accomplishments?
    What were your two opportunities?
    What would you do differently?
    What would your boss say about you?
    What did you think of your boss?
    What was it like working with them?
    Can you spell their name?

You are then contacted by the Divisional and it's a phone interview if it's not geographically feasible or a face to face if you're close by. Same questions as above. If you pass this portion, they will call you again to go to the Glendale office and sit with senior executive team, Shawn Weidmann. That interview goes over all the same things as above and is really just for him to sign off on hiring you. If Shawn doesn't like you though, you will not get the position.

Process takes around 2 weeks and then it's a giant background check with the worst (aka cheapest) company ever.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. It's $75k plus $16k first year bonus.

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Public Storage in December 2011.

Two interviews in Southern California and one interview in Georgia. The interview in Georgia was a fly out and fly back in the same day. It was a relatively straight-forward interview process. They were good about communicating the next steps and for staying in touch. The administrative assistant was on top of things, including communicating the travel arrangements.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any particular question that threw me off. I may have hestitated in a response when I was told that I will be given more work than I can complete.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Everyone gets paid the same. It does not matter what the cost-of-living is in your particular metropolitan area.

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage in March 2014.

I applied online for the position and was contacted fairly quickly. I spoke with the current DM of the area I applied to and a few preliminary questions were asked. Basic background info was covered. At the end of this conversation a second phone interview was set up. This second interview was much more in depth and lasted about half an hour. During this time I learned that the company was hiring people to train into the DM program, but not start as DM's.

Interview Questions
    • What rank were you in you area vs peer DM's? What would it take for you to be #1?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Public Storage in June 2014.

Very fast process. Phone interview which lasted 45 minutes. Basic questions about your direct reports. Following week had face to face with two Regional Managers at their corporate office. Just got a notice I didn't make the cut. Seems like a great company to work for. Will try again.

Interview Questions
    • Face to Face they ask you to give them 3 low points and 3 high points you've had in High School, College, and professional career.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Public Storage in June 2014.

Phone interview with Senior District Manager. Was supposed to be 45 minutes, but ended up being over 90. Got a call back within an hour to fly out the next week for a second interview in-person (scheduled for 3 hours). Was told that the position was for a DM-in-training. Didn't get much information at all about the position or demands during the phone interview, so I asked about work/life balance, percentage of travel, and vacation/time-off accrual (all logical questions that most anyone would want to know before accepting an offer). Really just wanted to compare to my previous career. I got another call saying that there were "concerns about our alignment" and that they were going to pass on moving forward with me. Evidently the organization doesn't care much for what they can provide the employee in exchange for their hard work. It's too bad that they pass on people with proven excellent record of results just because they inquire about work/life balance. Doesn't sound very people-oriented. I was already suspicious based on the employee reviews and the fact that they tout the salary and bonus so much in the job listings. Must be paying for hard servitude.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Scripted questions. Identical to the other Glassdoor reviewers. Almost like a personality test and very lengthy.   Answer Question

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Public Storage in June 2014.

I had send my resume on friday, immediately after I received a phone call to set up a conference call with the Sr.DM and VP. We had a 15min conversation, I thought all went well but WITH IN 2 hours I received an email that they didn't think I was the right person for the job. I did not see that coming to be honest. A few questions they asked me:
    What do you know of the company, what would your formal supervisor tell about you, how would this person rate you on a scale from 1-10. You have to tell what your strength is and also weakness. Prepare a few questions yourself for at the end of the conversation. You need to tell them about your management skills.
    I hope I will have better luck next time. Good luck to all that apply. It looks like a great company to work for.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Public Storage in April 2014.

They ask you about your previous employers (honesty is the best policy). They ask you what you would like from an employer. It is usually a two interview process. They also ask you to tell about different things you've experienced with previous employers that you felt you could have handled better or have learned from.

Interview Questions
    • Your strengths and weaknesses and how you can improve.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate I loved the benefits.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Castro Valley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Castro Valley, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Public Storage.

One Phone screen and 2 interviews. One ride-along with an exisiting Distirct manager. Process was fast and easy maybe takes 3 weeks to complete. First in person interview took about 2 hours.

Property Manager Interview

2 weeks one phone interview and 2 in person with DM and regional manager drug and back ground test take about one week to get results back they well ask what are your strengths and weakness

Interview Questions

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!