Public Storage

2.5

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Public Storage in January 2010.

One Round nterview technical

Resident Property/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Public Storage.

A friend got hired and told me to go and check them out because they were really cool. I decided what the heck. I got to meet the District Manager who was new and we started discussing my background in storage. I had worked for another company so we just compared notes. I remember when I went back to get my drug test form I was in shorts and I apologized for dressing unprofessionally the DM said "he wished he was in shorts too.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was expected. I know now they ask you to sell them a pen during the interview,   Answer Question
    I had a job I didn't care if they hired me. I told them what I wanted and they gave it to me.

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Storage in October 2014.

I applied to Public Storage and got called for a phone interview. Once i passed the phone screen, i was asked to come down for a face-to-face interview with the DM. The regional manager also happened to be on location and decided to interview me at the same time. (Otherwise i wouldve been given a phone screen by him and an additional face-to-face interview) they were amazing! Laid out their plans for me, told me exactly why they needed me and asked me plenty of personal questions, to learn more about who i am as a person. I was very lucky, i got a job offer right on the spot! Needless to say, i was very happy, i felt like my accomplishments had finally been acknowledged by a company. Im very excited for what lies ahead! Within a week, igot hired and completed my background and DT . today is my first day!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you really felt like you couldve done something better or differently but you didnt.   View Answer
    Great. He explained compensation,benefits, and future opportunities.

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Public Storage.

They asked pretty normal questions about my past job experience, reason for leaving last job, questions on my salary needs, pretty generic interview, questions on what I would bring to the table

Better Job

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Interviewed by Dan, seems like great guy, questions were in-depth and based on experience. I only made it to the phone interview but I know the in-person interview is three or more hours in length. I decided to pursue other options before the second interview.

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage.

The interview process is a long one. You are contacted first by a recruiter who goes through the basic details with you and then are contacted by a Regional Manager. You have a brief phone interview and then are asked to come in for what will be one of the longest interviews of your life.

You sit with a Regional Manager and are asked the following questions:
    What were your two highs and lows of HIGH SCHOOL?
    What were your two highs and lows of COLLEGE?
    On your last 3 jobs you're asked:
    What were you hired to do?
    What were your two accomplishments?
    What were your two opportunities?
    What would you do differently?
    What would your boss say about you?
    What did you think of your boss?
    What was it like working with them?
    Can you spell their name?

You are then contacted by the Divisional and it's a phone interview if it's not geographically feasible or a face to face if you're close by. Same questions as above. If you pass this portion, they will call you again to go to the Glendale office and sit with senior executive team, Shawn Weidmann. That interview goes over all the same things as above and is really just for him to sign off on hiring you. If Shawn doesn't like you though, you will not get the position.

Process takes around 2 weeks and then it's a giant background check with the worst (aka cheapest) company ever.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. It's $75k plus $16k first year bonus.

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Public Storage in June 2014.

I had send my resume on friday, immediately after I received a phone call to set up a conference call with the Sr.DM and VP. We had a 15min conversation, I thought all went well but WITH IN 2 hours I received an email that they didn't think I was the right person for the job. I did not see that coming to be honest. A few questions they asked me:
    What do you know of the company, what would your formal supervisor tell about you, how would this person rate you on a scale from 1-10. You have to tell what your strength is and also weakness. Prepare a few questions yourself for at the end of the conversation. You need to tell them about your management skills.
    I hope I will have better luck next time. Good luck to all that apply. It looks like a great company to work for.

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Public Storage in June 2014.

Phone interview with Senior District Manager. Was supposed to be 45 minutes, but ended up being over 90. Got a call back within an hour to fly out the next week for a second interview in-person (scheduled for 3 hours). Was told that the position was for a DM-in-training. Didn't get much information at all about the position or demands during the phone interview, so I asked about work/life balance, percentage of travel, and vacation/time-off accrual (all logical questions that most anyone would want to know before accepting an offer). Really just wanted to compare to my previous career. I got another call saying that there were "concerns about our alignment" and that they were going to pass on moving forward with me. Evidently the organization doesn't care much for what they can provide the employee in exchange for their hard work. It's too bad that they pass on people with proven excellent record of results just because they inquire about work/life balance. Doesn't sound very people-oriented. I was already suspicious based on the employee reviews and the fact that they tout the salary and bonus so much in the job listings. Must be paying for hard servitude.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Scripted questions. Identical to the other Glassdoor reviewers. Almost like a personality test and very lengthy.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage in June 2014.

Very fast process. Phone interview which lasted 45 minutes. Basic questions about your direct reports. Following week had face to face with two Regional Managers at their corporate office. Just got a notice I didn't make the cut. Seems like a great company to work for. Will try again.

Interview Questions
    • Face to Face they ask you to give them 3 low points and 3 high points you've had in High School, College, and professional career.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castro Valley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castro Valley, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Public Storage.

One Phone screen and 2 interviews. One ride-along with an exisiting Distirct manager. Process was fast and easy maybe takes 3 weeks to complete. First in person interview took about 2 hours.