Publix Front Service Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

1.6

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Petersburg, FL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Very easy interview process, don't even have to dress nice for the interview. Fist you fill out your application on the computer then they will call you back in about a week with an interview with the manager then you will be offered the job in the second interview.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions just basic questions that any can answer.   Answer Question
No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix.

Easy interview, more of a conversation than an interview. Just basic questions and an overview of the position responsibilities, benefits, and scheduling. Questions such as: Why Publix? Tell me about yourself. Name a time when you experienced poor customer service. Name a time when you experienced exceptional customer service. Why should I hire you for this job?

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing that you didn't like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Publix.

I was hired in 2005 and had a very brief one-on-one interview with the store manager. The questions were simple and the interview as a whole was non-threatening. The next day I received a call that I was accepted into the position.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything truly difficult. I was only about 16 at the time and this was my first job, so the only hard-hitting question was really, "How often can you work?"   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Publix.

Very long time ago- was in high school and just looking for gas money. It turned into a great career in which I'm very proud of. I was looking for nights and weekends at the time.

Interview Questions
    I was offered $3.35 per hour, and I accepted happily.

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Publix in October 2013.

I spoke with the store manager unknowingly and he wanted to bring me in for a interview. When we sat down in his office he explained what publix is about and its goal to be the premier service in the world. The interview went on and he told me to hold a cotton swab to my cheek. That's it.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hialeah, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hialeah, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Publix.

The interview was the easiest I've ever had in my life. They never asked me situational questions or anything like that. It was more like they want people on the spot so I came in dressed nicely, ready with questions I researched and all they asked was my availability, previous experience and what I needed to do next before I was hired "drug test on the spot"

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult at all. Mostly yes or no questions regarding my availability and if I was okay with their on the spot drug testing.   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cumming, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Publix in July 2013.

So I applied on a thursday and about a day and a half later (Saturday afternoon) , I got called to schedule an interview which was tuesday at 3:30. I went in for the interview and the process that Publix uses is kind of like a conversation with you and a manager. She basically asks you what you can do for publix? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How will publix help you? What made you want to apply at publix? Why do you want a job here? and after the interview that was about 15 mins, she said she would call me around 6pm to tell me if I got the job or not. (Tip: If a manager ever says that, ask this question just to know your position is secure. "If I don't receive a call from you, Is it alright if I call you?") and when she said she would call me, I asked "The Tip" question I just mentioned and she said "For sure, I'll call you at 6 or by 6pm. That showed me that my position was secure. So she called me around 5pm that day and said I got the job of a Front Service Clerk and Bagger and that I would need to come in for a drug test and I went in that day and took it. Its a oral-saliva-drug test which is like a small stick with cotton on one side which you soak up with saliva in your mouth for 10 minutes until the marker turns blue. So about a week passed then and they called the next monday (6 days after I took the drug test ) and said that I passed and would need to come in and do some paper work on that Friday at 10:00am and that I had orientation Saturday and Sunday. Then I would start that week. So basically that's the whole process of being hired at Publix. It's not as bad as people think, yeah it takes a while but the employees are really friendly during the hiring process as they add you into their schedule.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is good customer service?   View Answer

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

The application takes place in-store and is done on a computer located near the front of the store. The application does take some time (about 45 minutes) and it remains in the system for about 6 months, but the application has to be renewed every 30 days to stay active. Got a call a few days later from a local store and I was offered an interview.

The interview itself was very laid-back and relaxed and it was, as other posters here have mentioned, like a normal conversation. They just want to get to know you and find out what your interests are.

After the interview, I got a call about 2-4 days later and was offered a job to work at Publix. The process to get actually hired does take about week, and most of it is the time taken for the drug results to come back in. After the drug results come back (the procedure is done by taking a collection sample of your saliva) and state you are drug-free then you will go to orientation and you will soon be working in-store.

Starting out is usually done with a manager supervising you to make sure everything is right. Most important thing about Publix is maintaining their high status of customer service; their slogan, "Where shopping is a pleasure," is kept to the highest standard here and you really need to make customers' shopping experiences a pleasure.

GOOD LUCK!

Interview Questions
    • Was really just like having a normal conversation. Don't be too nervous about the interview. As long as you know who you are then you will be perfectly fine. If you don't know yourself then I suggest you follow the path of the main character in "Eat, Pray, Love" and find out who you are... kidding.   View Answer
    TAKE THE OFFER!

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix.

First Interview:
    Same-day call for same-day interview.
    Short, questionnaire-type first interview with store manager and related department managers.
    On-the-spot drug test and E-verify.
    Background check disclosure form.

Training/Orientation:
    Group sessions (paid), video lessons, hands-on training (in that order).

Questions:
    Why Publix?
    What would you do if...?
    Have you ever...? etc

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Publix in November 2012.

On the first interview you'll be interviewed by on of the lower managers of the store. They will ask you your 5 year plan, to tell them about yourself, and what you think the company means. On the second interview the store manager will ask you the same.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question they asked me was what do I think good customer service is.   View Answer

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!