Publix Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.0

Customer Service Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in September 2014.

I applied at an application fair that Publix was holding. It was held in a hotel lobby as the store was not finished being built. Within 72 hours of applying, I was called by Publix to set up an interview time. I then went for my interview. Within 48 hours of the interview, I was asked to come back for a second interview to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you bring to the table that would benefit Publix?   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Petersburg, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Very easy interview process, don't even have to dress nice for the interview. Fist you fill out your application on the computer then they will call you back in about a week with an interview with the manager then you will be offered the job in the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just basic questions that any can answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Publix.

She was very nice and easy going, made jokes it was really relaxed. Basically we talked about skills important to the job. We went to the back room and she asked me questions like how quickly I could work, and if I could work nights.

Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix in October 2010.

Interview was smooth and the assistant manager did a fine job in being clear and communicative with me during the whole process. She went over a bit of history of Publix, drug tests are mandatory and once that was screened and came back clean I was able to continue through the hiring process. Most questions were about me, what I believe is right from wrong, and work ethics.

Grocery Clerk Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Publix in April 2010.

I called my brother and asked him to get me an interview. then the next day i got one. I sat down with the store manager in his office and he asked me a series of questions. Then he gave me a drug test and then told me i got the job

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer threw something at you, and cursed you out?   View Answer
    no negotiations

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Publix in October 2011.

When I was called for the interview they didn't even specify who was calling and from where they were calling aka Publix. Scheduled my interview, I came in and interviewed I was asked to tell about myself and really that is it. They ask about your availability. They ask about your school schedule if you are in school. They ask about any previous experience. It was not complicated at all.

Interview Questions
    • I know someone who was asked to sell my manager a stapler before.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You start from the bottom, no matter what.

Warehouse Selector Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

I showed up 15 minutes early and was interviewed right away. I was not given a time frame of when I would know whether I earned the job but I'm qualified and think I did well. The process was very friendly and more of a laid back style. No questions asked are really difficult. Learn somethings about Publix's background and you will do well.

Interview Questions
    • Name something you do everyday that shows your attention to detail.   Answer Question

Publix Associate Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Publix.

There were 3 positions available and I was one of 6 candidates interviewing. The interview took about 30-45 minutes and the hiring manager went through several short pages of questions. Some were a bit ridiculous but was an overall good experience. Was told the decision would be made by the next day and would only be notified if I were being offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best compliment you've received from someone?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Publix in October 2011.

The black hole of Publix HR sucks your resume and a ton of information in, but spits very little back out. You are at the complete mercy of HR throughout. "Don't call us; we'll call you" takes on a whole new dimension with this outfit. After finally getting hired, things smooth out somewhat, though. Beware that the hiring manager will tell you when you are offered the job that "the salary is not negotiable." Most of my fellow associates tried to get them to budge, but it's pretty much their final answer on the matter.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you expect to make a career at Publix?" I now feel that this question is asked more out of a "how cheaply can we get this guy to come on board for?" than it is from a "how much of a Publix person do you think you are?" kind of qualifier.   Answer Question
    Negotiations? Completely in favor of Publix. They claim not to negotiate on salary. There are no side benefits like paid cell phones or company vehicles, either (unless you are going for a VP position or higher), so don't bother asking.

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in May 2012.

The interview gave me a lot of promise for this job. I received many recommendations for this job, and the store manager (along with other associates) made it sound like the best place to work.

Interview Questions

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!