Purdue University

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

2.6

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I just got the email and interview in person. I just showed my published data. the boss looks he likes that. end of interview, I asked the result whether I got that position or not, he answered directly, probably ok

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied from a faculty who knows the position. The interview was short and sweet, asked about my previous experience, how do I approach current situation, and availability. Only one interview with direct hiring manager

No Negotiation

Grader Interview

You can apply online and they will check your transcript and if your grade is stat courses are good they will offer your opportunity to grade any stat course you have taken before or any lower level courses than what you take before

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online for the REU through the NSF website. A few weeks later, I received an email asking to arrange the phone conversation. The program director told me more about the program and answered my questions. I think she decided to take me before the phone call. Then she arranged a call between me and my PIs where we discussed our mutual research interests.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Purdue University in September 2014.

Took about 2 weeks from job application (Taleo.net) until HR sent me an email asking me to update something on my application. A week later got a phone call from hiring manager to schedule interview for the following Monday. Interview was panel style with multiple members from the team.

Interview Questions
    • First question was asked to draw a network diagram. Was caught off guard and unprepared.   View Answer
    • Was asked about familiarity with any routing protocols.   View Answer
    • Was asked about troubleshooting steps if a campus user's network connection was not working.   View Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

First, apply online through the Math official website. There will be a 15-page survey for you to fill in. It will take about 20 minutes to finish. We will be asked to provide your basic information, your schedule, your prerequisite courses and a short statement of purpose.

If you make it through this round, there will be a screening session. You will be provided with a textbook and you will be asked to demonstrate how to solve a problem in front of a judging panel.

Oh btw, there are tons of workshop for you to attend.

Interview Questions
    • The judging panel will through you bunch of random questions.   Answer Question

Electronics Technician VIII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Purdue University.

The more you have to offer them that they can use and not pay you for the better your odds will be for getting the job. Strong computer skills are almost a must. Job could lead to a programmers position.

Interview Questions
    • They ask the usual questions, above and beyond, difficult situation, standard questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Purdue University.

English proficiency for international student. Presentation was given during the English course required for people not passing the English proficiency test. The PhD annual review must be at least satisfactory to get the offer. But when the more positions are available than the number of candidates, one can get it without such requirement.

Shipping & Receiving Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Purdue University.

Getting through the initial cut was annoying. For Purdue's automated system, I had to submit a 5 page resume in order to make sure that I had all the keywords.

Grad Student, Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Purdue University.

Part of acceptance package