PwC

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details The interview in their chicago office was really relaxed. They were all really nice. They mostly asked me about my resume and just behavioral questions. When I had my on campus interview I was asked one case question, which I bombed, but I was still invited back for a second round interview

Interview Question – They asked a case question regarding sub prime mortgages and bank regulation. That was difficult mostly because it was unexpected.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details First round interview was a phone call with an HR rep. The second round interview was another phone call, this time with a director. For the final round interview, I was flown out to Chicago and had three behavioral interviews.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a difficult task in a previous work experience and display my thought process in solving the problem (asked to draw out the steps on a whiteboard).   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2012.

Interview Details I got the email ask me to phone interview with a manger. Phone interview was all about behavior questions.
Two weeks later got the email ask to to onsite. 30 Min with director, and 30 Min with the manager. Behavior questions and some very technical questions.
3 days later, got the email ask me to do phone interview with the partner. 30 Min was very causal conversation. They wanted to get to know your personality.
4 Days after the final round, got the offer.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details Go through my resume, and ask some general questions about my experience in resume

Interview Question – What did you do in the internship at ?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details Everyone was very friendly, and helpful along the process. One of my favorite companies I've interviewed with.

Interview Question – Why technology consulting?   Answer Question

Associate Advisory Interview

Associate Advisory
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview Details I applied online for the position and received a call within a few days requesting a time for a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was basically general information about my resume and my experience within my role. It lasted about 20 minutes.

Within a week I was contacted again to schedule a phone interview with a manager on the team. The manager asked me several questions related to my experience, skills and tools I've used. He was very nice. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

After a few days I was contacted to schedule another 30 minute phone interview with the Director of the team. I believe normally canadiates only have 1 phone interview with a Director but for some reason I had both manager and Director. Director asked very similar questions to managerand was also nice.

A week later I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. I was a local canadiate so I did not need travel arrangements but they did offer to pay for air and hotel. When I arrived I was greeted by a host who took me to all 4 of my 30 minute interviews (1 partner, 1 manager, 2 directors). All of the interviews went very well with all questions around my experience and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Question – Why consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate my offer, it was lower than expected.

Chicago, IL (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in December 2010.

Interview Details I didn't have a typical recruiting process. A friend of the family forwarded my resume on to the HR department at PWC and I was contacted via email about an initial phone screen. The phone screen took 30-45min with a Director in the Advisory practice. Three days later I received an email asking me to do an office visit in Chicago.

The office visit consisted of two days of activities. The first day/night was a dinner with recent hires as well as seniors in the Advisory practice. The following day was an office welcome, two interviews with a director and then a partner, an office tour and then a question/answer panel. Overall the interview process was fairly easy. They asked basic questions about my resume, class work, group projects etc. It was more of a conversational interview then anything which made the time go by very quickly.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details Interview Process:
Phone Interview with HR
Phone Interview with Director (From the Practice)
On-site Interview with Directors (4 Directors)

The phone interviews were basically just background check and discussions around career experiences. On-site interviews were job-related questions (process, technical skilss, etc).

Interview Question – Why PwC?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

Interview Details For as big as PwC is, I felt that they spent a very minimal amount of time with candidates. I think that is a mix of their ability to quickly judge fit and skills and because of how large the organization is. It was informative but was hard to get an idea of what I would be doing specifically.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked through a process from start to finish? Can you draw that process on the board for me?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in May 2009.

Interview Details The interview process was pretty standard. It consisted of 3 rounds. The second round was only somewhat technical in that I was asked how I felt about the federal governments involvement in the GM bankruptcy. Everything else asked was about my resume and personal life.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the government's role in the GM bankruptcy?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when your classmates were struggling with a certain issue and you provided insight that allowed everyone to find the solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated nothing.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!