PwC Advisory Manager Interview Questions

Updated 3 Apr 2015
Updated 3 Apr 2015

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

slow process, lots of interviews, focus on commercial skills, good approach to the interviewers. First you talk with HR and then with department partner. in the case you get through they will offer you job. be aware that you have to sell yourself.

Low Salary

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Internal referral. First round got a call from HR to go through my resume, easy. Talked to three partners over the phone. Didn't make it to the on site interview.

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Spoke at length with recruiter before traveling to Dallas to speak with Partner and team. I've been interviewing people for a long time and I know when I flubbed and interview or knocked it out of the park. I knocked this one out of the park. I even got into solutioning a problem with one of the interviewers who said they'd never looked at it that way.

When I arrived I got the sensation someone was just checking a box to hire a candidate they already had in mind. Ultimately, I feel I didn't get an offer because I was not the correct ethnicity or gender. Of course there is no way to prove such a thing. I just know I gave a very good interview and was well suited and qualified for the role.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to do a solution on the spot. Somewhat unorthodox but if you know your stuff, it's manageable. Not a trend I like because of course every problem has many solutions. Providing one risks alienating an interviewer who might not see things the way you do and may be sensitive to having their ideas challenged.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Interview

I was really surprised--both interviews went really well but then they just fell off the face of the earth. I was really surprised that I never even got the courtesy of a final email/follow up call. I understand that the interview and selection process can be an arduous one however I think I deserved the courtesy of a follow up.

Interview Questions

• I was really surprised by how unstructured the interviews were. I found that I had to ask questions in order to get a sense of the job as both parties had little to share.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

- Get to know the right people and who matter
    - Find out about the latest events in the company
    - Get to understand the business

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Could not negotiate much on the pay but neogtiated on the starting date.

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (McLean, VA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a prescreening interview. During the prescreening interview, I was asked general background questions about my experience in the field. The recruiting also asked questions regarding my current salary and whether I was interviewing with other companies and whether I was further along in their interviewing process. She laughed when I told her my current salary and told me that I wouldn't get that at PwC. Found the laughter a bit odd, but I digress. At the end of the interview, she told me that they were going to decline moving forward.

Manager - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Initial interview will be through recruiter followed by a technical screening. If you pass the stage, then you will be invited to an in-person interview with multiple directors/managers with one partner interview. You will be assessed with personality and compatibility to the company culture and direction. Learn as much as you can about company culture and position that you're applying for, then you should be fine if your skill/soft skill matched with those.

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Tysons Corner, VA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and very informative. The interviewers were very honest about the position and the work requirements.The interview involved three seperate people as well as continual communication from a recruiting specialist who was very good. I was kept fully aware of all items and was provided with any requested info about benefits and work responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Standard and typical questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The accepted offer was only contingient. It however was straight forward and the salary requested was met.

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

I first applied online for the position. PWC got back to me the same day about having a phone screen. I had a phone screen the next day with a Practice director. I was then asked to fly to San Jose for in interview 2 weeks later. PWC made the arrangements and were very good with follow up on flight preferences, etc. The actual interview was in their San Jose office. I interviewed with 5 people. The HR person that I had been in contact with met with me and took me to my interview room. The Managers & Directors that I met with were interested in different things- some technical ability, others managerial/client interaction ability. Overall I felt they were gauging if I would be a good fit. PWC is very big on their brand. This came up a lot during the interview. They are proud of who they are and want people to be very impressed with them as well. Also, they are big on networking. They want to make sure you have the confidence and personality to create more opportunities within an existing client base. I would say other than technical acumen, these 2 things seemed to be paramount. Finally, I believe this job will be stressful. They like a "go-getter" mentality that can deal with the high stress and competitive environment. If you can demonstrate these qualities during your interview, I think you will get the job. Also- I think it helps to have a really positive attitude with them.
    I will also say this: Know your resume and know your skill set. Any job interview can be easy if your resume is up to date, honest and your technical skills match what they are looking for. PWC did ask me some questions about what I know to test my experience. This was easy for me because I didn't fudge any of my abilities. That's key to make it through this interview process- they do actually look at your resume.

Interview Questions

• The first person wanted me to actually demonstrate on a whiteboard how I would go through an Agile implementation for an enterprise organization.   1 Answer
    • My third interviewer asked what professional connections from a client perspective I could bring to the table.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated a higher salary. I guess I'm pretty easy- but it was a 10k difference in what i was offered. It was relatively easy. I just told them that with the travel involved, I need to pay for pet care and would need 10k more. They were able to secure this in less than 12 hours. I could have probably negotiated some other things- I think it was available to maybe get a few more options but I didn't really need too much else.

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Got a call from sourcing and then a Recruiter 30 mins interview. Next step was a Phone Interview with a Director. Final step was meeting in person with 3 people - Manager, Director and a Principal. It took about 3 months but about 9 weeks were wasted between call from sourcing to Recruiter calling me.

Negotiation

Very easy. PwC Advisory (I think) is a good pay master. I did not have to negotiate.