PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

150 interviews

2.8

150 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Applied online and got a referral from a manager from a different office. Wasn't able to go through campus recruiting due to college being outside US, so it involved following up with a lot of recruiters. Had a preliminary phone screening, which was essentially to make sure you weren't a total freak. Basic questions about yourself, interest in accounting, and mostly just walking through your resume. Had I think 2 other similar screenings as follow ups (it seemed like I was getting passed around recruiters for a bit repeating the same step in the interview process). Was informed of an in person interview at the office the following month. Met with a partner and a manager. Both interviews focused on my resume and interest in the position/accounting. Not many difficult questions (none really that I hadn't prepared for: why PwC, why audit etc.). It felt like they were trying to get more of a feel of your fit with the company rather than your qualifications and whether you would last or not. Both interviews ended up as more of a conversation about my travels etc.

Got a call the next day from the partner I interviewed with and my main recruiter that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
No negotiating, took what was offered (same package offered by other big 4 firms I received offers from). It's probably possible to negotiate, but I didn't feel like I had any leverage to do so.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Audit Associate Interview

On the company visit day, I got my par interview first. I asked questions about the latest news about the company and he was impressed. The second interview is senior interview, basically the repeat of par interview and the question is relatively easy. The third one is HR manager interview, repeat again. I think the par interview is the hardest because he asked many question from macro perspective and you really need to give your own opinion. I didn't answer the first one or two question very well, but I asked very good question back which I think has pretty big positive effect on my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Like the GAAP or accounting regulation is always change, what's your opinion towards those change..   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

There were 3 rounds. I passed through the first two rounds and made it to office day interviews. I prepared a lot for the interviews and actually thought I did badly on the first two. Anyways. During the office day interview, I was funneled in with a couple of other potential audit associates from other schools. First half: Recruiters were nice and lunch was amazing. Second half: A round of 4 interviewers: two staff auditors and 2 partners. All went well until the last partner.

Audit Associate Interview

group interview, picture drawing , icebraking, discussion, presentation, individual interview, partner interview, in assessment centre, not difficult, but rather keen competition, depending on your competitior englisg oral level
    then go to partner interview, about 30 mins, talk a lot, mainly about your personality , motivation

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

3 INTERVIEWS
    1. Behavioural with Senior Associate
    2. Behavioural with Manager
    3. Conversational with Partner

The interview process is straight forward. Questions are pretty generic. They ask you questions regarding leadership, teamwork, challenges you've faced. Its important to know your resume inside and out always.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Set salary.

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

1st stage: It takes about 2 weeks to review your application. If you are being selected, you have to attend the assessment before interview

2nd stage: 1 week after assessment, interview question are basic interview questions and some technical questions

Interview Questions
    Salary will follow market rate

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

If you go through the recruiting process straight from college, the recruiters hold your hand through everything. They try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. PwC gave me the best vibe of the Big 4 companies, and I felt the manager really cared to get to know us. The bad part though is that there are thousands of kids shooting for a few positions around the country, so you really need to make yourself stand out!

Interview Questions
    • What are your two most important qualities that you will bring to the workplace?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Very basic job application process via campus recruiting. Went in for a one day interview, which included 2 separate interviews, one with a partner and the other with HR. Very relaxed and easy going interview, more of a conversation actually. No out of the blue questions, just wanted to know why accounting and why PwC. Very friendly and professional experience.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Meet with three individuals at various levels within the Company. They will each have their own questions. It was a diffiuclt process and intimidating. It is all finalized within a day and they will call or email you a week or two later with the results. Overall it was a good experience.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

(1) On campus interview and (1) Superday interview including 3 interviews on-site (Senior Associate, Manager, Partner). I was notified of PwC's decision by the partner a few hours after my interview followed by call by recruiter. PwC paid for hotel to stay in the night before the interview on Park Ave and interview process was very succinct. They were more than willing to field calls about talking through the decision process when I got identical offer at rival firm.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about reporting to someone younger than you?   View Answer

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!