PwC

134 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Audit Interview

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2010.

Interview Details One interview with two people from the HR team. I was quite late in the interview process so it was a lot quicker than usual. The HR team were young and made the interview informal through chat and asking about extra curricular activities rather than focusing on technical questions and education. They want to see you are a fit for the company as well as for the job. The majority of people they are interviewing at this level have just come from college and have not really got a lot of relevant work experience so it is really more about your college education, HR style questions about working to deadlines, time management etc.

Interview Question – Very straightforward HR type questions, no technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating as it is a standard training contract.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details PwC's hiring is one of the best programmes, in relation to other companies.
1st Stage Online Test; they give you a second attempt if your first attempt didn't meet their requirements.
Assessment Day was smooth and although i thought i didn't do well in relation to other people i proceeded through. Here i would say you have to be greatly prepared for the skills test they give you; especially in terms of the numerical reasoning test as questions will be related to each other but do not come one after another in the test, so i would advise writing down key answers or formulas so you don't have to repeat steps again but be quick.
With the final interview it's more about testing your knowledge of the company and seeing generally whether you can communicate with people and understand things well.
I would say networking and communication is key so don't be shy. And be prepared in terms of commercial awareness and the company itself.
Other then that everyone is really friendly throughout the entire process.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was in terms of commercial awareness. You have to know details as they will ask you follow up questions in regards to what your talking about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is set no negotiations

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details It was pretty standard, come for the day, do three interviews, do a social afterward and thats it.

Interview Question – Nothing crazy. They just kept asking me if I could handle the hard work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2013.

Interview Details This is a Standard procedure for new undergraduates: Online application, Numeric test and verbal test as a whole test, group assessment, one by one interview( manager interview), partner interview including background/ behavior interview and case interview(optional); if you are summer intern, just jump to the final round( partner interview)

Interview Question – Since i'm summer intern, I skipped the first two rounds interview and went to the final interview directly, the partner asked me about the internship's experience and how our team conducted the IPO audit   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details School interview first and then Super Day at the NY HQ office with four partners

Interview Question – Understanding of the Risk Assurance   Answer Question

Bethlehem, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details I applied through the campus hiring and took less than one month to get the interview

Interview Question – How would you distribute bad news as the team leader?   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details Applied through school's career link website, went through all the networking events as well. People are quite friendly, and it helps a lot when alums have strong presence in the firm. Interviews are all behavioral, and relatively straightforward. They want to see you are a good fit for the firm.

Interview Question – Describe a challenge you have faced ethically in school or at work.   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details I attended the career fair on campus and get the interview after about a week. There was a pre-interview dinner the night before the on campus interview. I was interviewed with a senior manager, but she is not in the office that I applied. Basically the interview was all about behavioral questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Ask about my prior experience with one of the big four firm   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and got invited to do the aptitude tests immediately.
After I passed all the aptitude tests, I was invited to to the 1st interview with a manager; the manager was friendly, and I then had my partner interview a few days later.
Finally, I received my offer after a week.

Interview Question – Why didn't you apply for ibanks?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – got offer from the government

McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Multiple interviews within a 2 day process, mostly focused on career goals and aspirations

Interview Question – Coming out of college I had little experience and a lot of questions were based on what I had done in certain situations in the past that I hadn't actually encountered   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; they give an offer and you take it or leave it

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Audit Associate interview questions and advice. All 134 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.