PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014

2.8

164 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Screened at the campus level; completed a campus interview with a partner - 70% of candidates were cut at this phase; I was expecting further cuts at the office visit, but we all received offers at the visit. This was for a smaller (<150 employees in tax, assurance, and advisory combined) office in a "desirable" city

Interview Questions
  • These interviews are rarely filled with traditional interview questions; mine was mostly a conversation. They checking to make sure you're not a robot .   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Audit Associate Interview

Two rounds of interviews: first round strictly based on behavioural questions and the second round was composed of two parts - one on one interview with a partner which was purely conversational and a two on one portion which as also behavioural like the first round.

I enjoyed the interview process and thought it was a great way to get to know more about the firm, their core values, and what they expect to see in people they want.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you received feedback and had to respond do it.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

30 mins interview with a manager. General questions such as why audit. How do you deal with conflict? How do you deal with negative feedback? The greeter told me I would the get the result within two weeks.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Application was done online and a few days after application submission I was asked to do a reasoning test. To me, the time given was quite short. So advice to do it as fast as possible. I had my interview with a PwC partner. He was very nice and the interview was quite causal. But I think the style of interview largely depends on the interviewer. I heard from my other friends who went for the interview, they encountered different styles.

Interview Questions
    • How could your experience in your CCA position help you in the job that u apply for   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Since I applied to a PwC office in another province, my first interview was through Skype. Most questions are about your past experience with team work, leadership, etc. 2-3 days later they called me and invited me to a second round interview. Flight and accommodations were taken care of. Awesome! Second round consists of 5 parts: partner interview, written exercise, group exercise, office tour, and lunch.The interview with the partner is the easiest in my opinion. Written exercise was challenging. We were given 30 minutes to read a bunch of stuff and write a 1-2 page report. There was not enough time. Remember to bring a watch! The report has nothing to do with Accounting so you don't have to review your Accounting notes. Group exercise was okay. Again, we weren't given a lot of time to read and discuss the case. Just remember to be a team player! At night, they invited us to have dinner at a restaurant. They brought out a lot of staff and partners.

Overall, I think all my interviewers are really nice and professional. It was a good experience and the most unique interview I have ever had.

No results are given until the end of the blackout period.

Interview Questions
    • Why PwC? Describe a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. How is PwC different from other firms? Why this province?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA (US)

First round was on campus, very relaxed and easy questions, only three behavioral. Just remember that it's most important to them that you'll fit into the culture, and as long as you have good leadership examples and can relate it to the job itself, you'll be fine. Second round was at the office, for me I interviewed with two senior managers and a partner. Be sure to study up on the new PWC professional, and think of examples that relate well to all 5 criteria because they focus on that EXTENSIVELY in the second round. Again, just be relaxed and remember that culture fit is a huge part of the interview process.

After it was over, I got a call about 2 hours after I left saying I got an offer. They have a very fast turnaround, so expect that offer very soon after the interview if you made it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you needed to perform research to solve an accounting issue, how did you solve it and get the correct answer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had a changing deadline?   Answer Question
    I do not believe you can negotiate. The offer is slightly above average anyway.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in September 2014.

First round was through campus interview. Basic behavioural questions. Nothing unexpected.
    The second round was on site professional talent centre includes 4 parts, which are group exercise, written report, partner interview, and office tour.
    Partner interview was the easiest one. Also behavioural questions and a chance you can ask questions. Just show your passion you will be fine.
    I failed in written part according to the feedback they gave. We are required to write a report based on given facts (8,9 pages) in half an hour. Grammar issues. sigh.. I believe they were testing your ability to filter necessary information from a bunch of facts and organize a report in limited time.
    Group exercise is not that hard I thought. All you need to do is sharing information and discussing just like the case you have in school.

Still a valuable experience. Staff are professional and passionate.
    Not bad for my first official interview.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

I applied via on-campus recruiting system and just finished the first-round interview. I haven't done the second-round yet. The first-round interview was held on campus. I interviewed with a partner from the office I applied for. The questions were mostly about my resume and behavioral. The behavioral questions included the biggest challenge, team work setting, leadership, etc. The interviewer was nice and gentle.

Audit Associate Interview

Received phone call from HR (some questions were asked and then asked to go for assessment)
    Go through a numerical reasoning test and an English written test.
    If you passed the assessment, you will be offered for an opportunity to interview.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Contact directly HR people. Just email them and got reply a few weeks later.
    I was invited for first round interview by HR
    Second round is to take test (Reading Comprehension, Data Analysis, and Essay)
    Third round - interview with Audit Manager.