PwC

75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Two rounds; one case one behavioural

Interview Question – How can a international beverage company cut costs?   Answer Question

Transaction Services Valuation Associate Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details Typical process like all Big 4 firms is to attend a ton of on campus events, network with individuals at the firm, and land on interview on campus. After the first round, you're invited to the office interviews for three more interviews with managers, directors, or partners. As with most companies, you need to constantly be aware that you're interviewing, as when I've been in the room for final deliberations on who actually gets the offer, if there are 2-3 individuals that have all proven they are hard-working, intelligent individuals, they will hire whoever was most social during the lunch and between interviews: you must be easy to talk to and show interest in the firm the entire time. Also, NEVER accidentally refer to PwC as any other Big 4 firm (had a guy that kept calling us KPMG...needless to say he did not receive an offer).

Interview Question – In the valuations group, I never received any difficult technical questions, but you should be prepared to answer the following:
-Walking through the impact on each of the three financial statements when, for example, increasing depreciation
-Discuss the three valuation approaches: DCF (Income Approach); Guideline Public Companies or Market Multiples (Market); and Guideline Transactions or Precedent Transactions (Market); may also bring up the Cost Approach.
-Could be asked something like "How would you value customer relationships" related to a purchase price allocation - understand that income related to an asset being discounted is a pretty safe answer for that kind of question.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely no room for negotiation at this level at the Big 4.

Start Intern Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied through my school's career office. I received notice of a first interview through the school's website and notice of the second interview through email. The first interview was in person and the second interview was over the phone. After the second interview I received notice of the job offer soon after.

Interview Question – Name three words to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied through campus access, and there were two round interviews. One was campus interview with one manager and second round interview was an office visit, interviewed with one manager and one partner.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, really fair and casual.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview Details I attended a university job fair and subsequently applied using PwC's website. About a week after talking to the recruiter, I got an email asking me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward and consisted only of typical behavioral questions. About a week after the phone interview, I got a call about scheduling an office visit for the final round of interviews. 2 weeks later, I attended the office visit. The office visit included two one-on-one interviews - one with a partner and one with a manager. These interviews were similar to the phone interview with a couple of behavioral questions. There weren't any major curve balls or unexpected questions.

Interview Question – Where else are you looking for employment?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2013.

Interview Details campus interview and onsite

Interview Question – Do you complete any task by using your relationship of other people?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

FS Advisory Associate Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2012.

Interview Details I interned in another group, was referred into Advisory, but was not part of inital interviews due to attending a non-target school.

Was contacted by HR in late February to see if I was still interested. Had an initial screening interview with HR for 30 mins over the phone.

Emails a few days/week later to set up a phone interview with a partner out of NYC. All behavioral questions.

Contacted a week or two after to get an invite to come to Chicago to attend an office interview. I believe I was the only candidate coming in, ther was no group or office tour (which was fine since I interned in that office and knew most of the things already).

2 1:1 interviews with 2 Directors. All Behavioral. Walk me through your resume/Tell me about yourself, why consulting, why PwC, give me a time..., etc.

Interview Question – None. No technical or out of the ordinary questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Standard package for all Associates. Pay may change depending on city location due to CoL

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details All those involved were ignorant of the others in the process. Eventually, I was asked to relocate and made a lesser offer because I was told my non-profit experience didn't apply (although, it was the exact same me type of position). I accepted the offer and then they went back on their offer and said they changed their mind. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Asked why PwC?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They went back on their offer.

Technology Consulting Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Interview Details First round is behavioral based, your very standard behavioral question.
Second Round is three 45 minute interviews at their HQ. Two of them are behavioral, and one is a case question.

Interview Question – The case question   Answer Question

ITPA Intern Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied through campus recruiting. Got a call from the company to interview on campus. The interviewer was the Director in the area and asked basically behavioral questions trying to gauge if my experience was relevant in the area. Some questions were: Why PwC, How do you fit in PwC, Why this specific Practice.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.