PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.9

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Forensics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

They scheduled a phone interview with one of their current employees who was currently out on the field. it was not a very long interview, about thirty minutes tops. The whole process was a screening before they decided to take the interview process into their office. Therefore, it was much more casual than I had expected.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

2 stages for the interview and hiring process, one on campus and one in the Chicago office. The on the Chicago has 3 interviews while the one on campus is just a conversation with a partner.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time when you had to get someone to agree with you and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

There are two rounds of interview. Passed the first interview that hosted on campus. The second interview hosted in Pwc chicago office. I had a prenight before the interview. I was very quite during the prenight. The second day, there are two interviews with a manager and a partner.

PwC Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2012.

Two 30 min. on campus interview with an HR manager and a partner. Then went to Chicago office for second (final) round for a pre-night dinner and 3 back to back 30 min. interviews the next day with manager, senior manager and a partner.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions, "What's your leadership style", "From your prior internship experience, which employers did you liked and which ones did you not like"   Answer Question
    No negotiation

IT Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

3 round interview, first communicate with me through phone, then face to face interview, the third round interview is in their office. You need to have breakfast with staff to know about the company value, then 3 officer interview you. After that they will telephone you the result in few days.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a team member who don't want to work.   View Answer

FAS Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

On campus interview with a mix of behavior and technical questions. The interviewer asked about the part I wanted to discussed the most on the resume without asking to introduce myself. He asked some behavior questions about my experiences and built technical questions on top of that.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions are basic finance questions, but they can be tricky.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Inern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

The interview was a two part affair 2 part deal. I first received an invitation to interview with PwC on campus, after submitting an application on my university's career services website. The on campus interview lasted 30 minutes and was all behavioral. T was notified the following day that I was invited for an office visit/second interview. At the office, I interviewed with a partnet and manager, both were conversational and behavioral in nature. I was confident in my interviews, but lose hope as it took 13 days to finally hear back. The partner i interviewed with at the office called me to personally say i was welcome to intern with the firm.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Two rounds; one case one behavioural

Transaction Services Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Typical process like all Big 4 firms is to attend a ton of on campus events, network with individuals at the firm, and land on interview on campus. After the first round, you're invited to the office interviews for three more interviews with managers, directors, or partners. As with most companies, you need to constantly be aware that you're interviewing, as when I've been in the room for final deliberations on who actually gets the offer, if there are 2-3 individuals that have all proven they are hard-working, intelligent individuals, they will hire whoever was most social during the lunch and between interviews: you must be easy to talk to and show interest in the firm the entire time. Also, NEVER accidentally refer to PwC as any other Big 4 firm (had a guy that kept calling us KPMG...needless to say he did not receive an offer).

Interview Questions
    • In the valuations group, I never received any difficult technical questions, but you should be prepared to answer the following:
      -Walking through the impact on each of the three financial statements when, for example, increasing depreciation
      -Discuss the three valuation approaches: DCF (Income Approach); Guideline Public Companies or Market Multiples (Market); and Guideline Transactions or Precedent Transactions (Market); may also bring up the Cost Approach.
      -Could be asked something like "How would you value customer relationships" related to a purchase price allocation - understand that income related to an asset being discounted is a pretty safe answer for that kind of question.
        Answer Question
    Absolutely no room for negotiation at this level at the Big 4.

Start Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

I applied through my school's career office. I received notice of a first interview through the school's website and notice of the second interview through email. The first interview was in person and the second interview was over the phone. After the second interview I received notice of the job offer soon after.

Interview Questions

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!