PwC Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The first round was a telephonic round where you are asked a lot of questions about your current job role, responsibilities and interesting assignments.
The second was a f2f round where again, you would be asked specifics of some interesting/relevant projects. Its here that you are asked a lot of questions about your CV and real-life examples/situations.
You are also given a "feel" of the next round, which in most likelihood is a technical round.

I am still in the process but must admit, the process is agonizingly slow.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything we missed asking you during our last conversation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Gurgaon, Haryana) in October 2014.

Interview

1. HR called and fixed the interview.
    2. Technical Round - 1 (Sr. Manager Gave 3 topics to prepare on Green Buildings and Energy Efficiency)
    3. Technical Round - 2 ( Two Sr. Managers discussed technical issues in Energy Efficiency and Green Buildings)
    4. Technical Round - 3 (Associate Director discussed technical issues and scope in Energy Efficiency Vertical).
    5. HR helped me with the offer after 14 days.

Interview Questions

• None Actually.. Mostly everything were technical so it went off pretty smooth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I went ahead as per Company's Policies.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Bangalore) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through job portal. Had received call from a stuffing agency. Stuffing agency has scheduled interview with PwC Bangalore. Process took approximately 3 weeks.There were 2 rounds of interview, both on the same day and both are technical.

Interview Questions

• Questions are theoretical, not based on prior work or practical implementation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC (Calcutta).

Interview

Campus Selection.
    The process consisted of three rounds:

1. The Written Test: This test is tougher than the average aptitude tests conducted by most companies looking for consultants. It consisted of quants, LR and Verbal.
    2. Technical Interview: Basic questions on programming
    3. HR interview

Interview Questions

• I was asked to take an interview of the interviewer himself.   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

PwC has come to our campus for recruiting. The actually interview process was different from what was mentioned in the placement website. The first round was a GD round. Here, it is important that one participates and makes contribution in terms of a new perspective or elaborates/ analyses someone else's perspective. The next round was a telephonic interview. My experience of the telephonic interview was not very good. I almost understood the result after that round. To my surprise, the company waitlisted my application though.

Interview Questions

• Contray to what was expected (based on what other people had mentioned about their experience), there were a few actual technical questions based on programming languages and technology strategy for banking sector etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Manager interview, followed by Associate Director/ Executive Director, and then HR. It is better to have your CV forwarded through an internal reference.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but you should - there are salary disparities at the same experience and rank.

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PwC (Calcutta) in April 2013.

Interview

I got a call from the HR.

Interview Questions

• Though it was a QA interview but questions were from all parts starting from java to networking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Calcutta) in March 2013.

Interview

1st round was Telephonic . As I am into SAP , questions were asked on both technical and functional, also from projects I worked. It was for 35-40 minutes by a Principal Consultant..2nd round was Managerial round . It was F2F at Bangalore taken by the Director and Partner. Few managerial questions like leadership,motivation were asked. Why PwC?
    What U know about PwC? Favorite MBA Subject--Few questions on that..Final HR round was telephonic. They asked only about salary expectations,reason 4 change, how soon I can join,etc....My hobbies, engineering rank, significant achievement..etc..Overall it was very good...Interviewers were very friendly, cordial, didn't put into pressure or stress...very much professional..

Negotiation

I told Best in Industry and got 70% hike from my previous company. PwC offers more than industry standard for talented guys...

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta

Application

interviewed at PwC (Calcutta) in February 2013.

Interview

As it was a campus driven interview so there was only one round and fully based small case studies. Mostly they were checking the statistical approach to the problem.

Interview Questions

• if u want to launch a telecom service in India, what u will look at and how u will proceed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC (Calcutta) in January 2013.

Interview

technical round-questions asked as per cv.
    managerial round- general questions like willing to travel, marital status etc
    hr discussion

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult, but was lengthy.interviewer covered almost everything written in CV   Answer Question