PwC

Getting the Interview

65 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

Interview Details Applied for a position under their graduate recruitment program (Sydney). Online application form starts off the recruitment process, followed by an invitation to an invite-only pre-interview networking event. A phone interview follows that, the one I received was conducting by a HR person who asked questions relevant to the position but seemed unqualified to have a intelligent discussion. An example was when the HR person asked for my opinions on a recent business/financial news event. She was unfamiliar with the topic herself and was frantically trying to scribble notes down instead of engaging in a two-way conversation. Finally, the HR person admitted that she was mainly trying to decide what role would suit me rather than respecting my ability to decide if I had the skills and qualifications to be competent in a role. The company took 2 weeks to get back with rejection email, offering to provide feedback via a telephone callback. After scheduling a time with their automated system, I was surprised that the call never came at all. Very unprofessional conduct for a prestigious firm.

Interview Question – What do you think a consultant does? Tell me about three of your strengths.   View Answer

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details Applied online - application reviewed - contacted for initial round

Interview Question – What has been your most testing moment in your career?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details I was first contacted by HR and had an initial phone screen. It went well. Next, I spoke with a director. That interview also went well. Lots of good, core competency, behavior based questions along with several technical questions. Then came the third interview. The person doing the interview called an hour and a half past the scheduled time. No contact letting me know he'd be late. That interview lasted 5-10 minutes. He asked me to hold on multiple times, and was very distracted through the entire call. I didn't hear anything further for about a month, then I got a system generated email thanking me for my time. I will never pursue another job with pwc after being handled and treated this way.

Mexico City (Mexico)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details The initial contact was through one professor which is the former Advisory Director Partner of PwC Mexico. A first interview with HR took place. Two more interviews followed later, one with a Senior Manager of a service line and a the last one with the Partner of service line just for approval.

Interview Question – Explain me the main feature when allocating indirect cost in an ABC costing system   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No able to negotiate

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details First round interview is a traditional numerical test. Reading and interpreting graphs and then calculate the correct answer. Also included true, false or can not be answered-questions.

Also some tests of reading abilites, which are in the local language. Short texts discussing different topics, such as economics, technology and scientific findings.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary really. Some time pressure, but that's all.   Answer Question

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2010.

Interview Details A senior manager and a senior consultant conducted the interview. The senior manager had a evaluation form from HR department. All were behavior questions. There is only one question is about my technical background. As they were hiring banking IT auditor, they need people with IT and banking system knowledge.

Interview Question – As a software engineer in Oracle, why you want to join PwC?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Considering the working environment of big 4 in China.

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details Resume shortlisting, group discussion and then one personal interview. Resume shortlisting had grade criteria, group discussion was extremely easy as the problem statement was comprehensible (not abstract). structure was: 5 mins to understand the problem, 20 to discuss and then 5 mins to conclude. Interview was entirely case study as expected.

Interview Question – how can a company make vendors sell its product more without giving him any benefit to do so.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Technical Round - Basic Technical Question on technology worked on and project details (challenged faced how overcome and technology details)
Partner Round - To check if fit for job just to check your dedication towards job and kiness joining firm and communication skills
HR Round - Negotiation on salary

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details One round of on campus interview. Basically just the partner talking about the firm.
A week later got invited on site. The interview started with a panel discussion, which is just a presentation of the company and the position. It was followed by 3 one-on-one interviews with partners or directors. The interviews are essentially behavioral, aka asking you about your experience.
Got phone call about the result three days later.

Interview Question – There was a case interview even though the invitation said explicitly that the interviews will be behavioral.   View Answers (3)

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Campus Placement- Began with written aptitude test followed by HR interview and then telephonic interview with a partner. They asked me basic questions about myself and also what diffrentiated me from others and what i knew about ERP.

Interview Question – What differentiated me from others? why do you want to join PWC?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC