PwC

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Summer Intern Interview

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in June 2013.

Interview Details online test, manager interview

Interview Question – situation behavioral question   Answer Question

Tax Summer Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details I applied through the university first year talent academy programme so skipped the first round phone interview. When I passed all the talent academy assessments (a numerical test, a logical test, a written report, a group discussion and a presentation), it was the last partners interview. The last interview was largely competency based, and they asked some personal interest questions, this part lasted about 35 minutes and then I had about 20 minutes to ask the partner questions. He didnt ask anything to do with commercial awareness so I brought up lots of stuff in the news.

Interview Question – One of the questions was 'if I picked up the phone and called your best friend, what would he/she say about you?' It wasnt hard exactly, it's just not one of those competency questions that you would prepare for so I didnt have a scripted answer and had to improvise a bit. Other than that nothing stood out in particular. Also a competency question I always dread and never really worked out a perfect answer to is 'tell me about a time you used your numerical skills', probably because its something that we use so often that all the examples seem really trivial.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details Submitted resume for summer intern position through campus recruitment and was offered a on-campus interview with Partner a few weeks later. Interview lasted about 45 minutes in a conversation style and interviewer did not ask general questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses, what was the last time you worked on a group project and had a big disagreement with teammates, etc etc

Interview Question – Interviewer did not ask general questions you would normally be asked of during an interview.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

Interview Details Went through first round interview, then got invited into the office for a second round. Second round consisted of two interviews with managers/senior managers, and one with a partner. Interview questions were entirely behavior and very conversational and easy.

After the three interviews, there's an office visit hosted by your buddy, and close by the recruiter. Very pleasant process, and everyone made you feel really welcome.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you didn't get a long with a group member.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details I went to an on campus interview with an audit partner, then got invited to their office interview with a tax director. The same day, I was given an offer on the phone.

Interview Question – How do you deliver an unfavorable message?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Summer Tax Intern interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.