QinetiQ North America

Updated 1 Jan 2015
Updated 1 Jan 2015

2.5

LAN Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at QinetiQ North America.

Initial Phone Screen and than a Personal Interview accompanied by a background check. The process was well coordinated and the requirements were clearly indicated. I received an offer after my initial background investigation

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at QinetiQ North America.

interview with hiring manager and many others, gave presentation. Questions about background and education. Need a citizenship for military contracts. It used to be fast process. very smart people are working there.

understand your level of expertise, and you can get what you ask

Unix Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at QinetiQ North America.

I was contacted by a recruiter and was immediately given an interview. After waiting in their lobby for about 20, minutes, I was lead into a conference room with the interviewer. The interviewer asked where I had driven from (which was about 1.5 hours away from their Quantico location) and why i wanted to leave. He then stated that the position is already being filled by an internal employee, and it's only a formality to get interview all other qualified candidates. When I mentioned that it was a waste of a drive if they had already chosen someone, he repeated that his boss just "told him to speak to everyone interviewing to let them know the position is no longer available." Completely unprofessional and a waste of time.

Staff Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at QinetiQ North America in August 2013.

Was contacted by corporate after applying online, took a while to hear back from them - a few weeks. Set up the interview in a day or two, they were flexible on timing which was nice.

Met with 3 people at once, unique for me at least, but saved some time.

They asked me basic questions about my work experience, skills I had etc. Nothing too grilling technically, like asking me to derive op-amp transfer functions etc.

All 3 were very engaging and willing to answer questions honestly and openly about the company. Very nice facility, and seemed like a good place to work, perhaps a bit over-booked with work, but that's what good management does - keeps the work back logged, and feeds it to you appropriately and with good timing.

No offer has come yet because I have a round 2 interview, the EE manager was out of the office that day, a minor goof by HR.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the complexity of circuit board designs I had done   View Answer

Data Monitor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at QinetiQ North America.

How do you feel about smaller work environments

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at QinetiQ North America.

Contacted by current QNA employee, submitted resume, and then attended face to face interview.

Administrative Assistant Contracts Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at QinetiQ North America in January 2013.

I applied for this position through QinetiQ North America's website on December 13th, 2012, and received an email regarding my application from the recruiter on January 9th. I did a brief phone screen with the recruiter, and a week later I was scheduled for an interview. I interviewed for the position on January 18th, which went well. Unfortunately, I wasn't selected for the role, as my professional background wasn't a match for what was needed in the position. However, my experience was very positive and I plan to stay in touch with the recruiter when other administrative positions become available with them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at QinetiQ North America in September 2012.

HORRIBLE !!!!!! ,,they drilled me in whatever way they could. I even thought they were going to have me write code on a paper coffee napkin.

Interview Questions
    • "Why did you come here? There are a lot of other companies to choose from..."   View Answer

I saw the ugly offices from afar and people walking around with their heads down,, BYE !

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at QinetiQ North America.

Hiring process was very informal with a program lead. This program lead was very unorthodox.

Technical Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at QinetiQ North America in February 2012.

Phone interview, asked about formatting, previous writing contribution and took word test

Interview Questions
    • Discuss writing potential in an under staffed environment   Answer Question
    On the spot during interview. Negotiated pay and relocation.