Qualcomm CDMA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in December 2012.

Interview Details Written test and 2 techincal interview and 1 HR

Interview Question – They asked most questions from wireless communication which I successfully answered but they also asked questions related to VLSI systems and FSM.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Delhi

I interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in August 2012.

Interview Details it was an on campus recruitment process. The process involved a written test comprising of logical, coding and VLSI sections each consisting of 20 questions with no -ve marking. The test conduction is outsourced to another company.

Interview Question – Which technology after CMOS?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer In Test Interview

Systems Engineer In Test
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in March 2012.

Interview Details Got a call from HR for interview just next week.I prepared all the technical stuff.
Interviewers are very cool.
I was interviewed for 5 technical +1 HR round.
Interviewers are very cool.they will ask everything related to ur resume.
All d best folks...after selection also they have so many formalities to send offer letter..i got in June.2012...:)

Interview Question – If u r prepared well with technical stuff den all roubnds will go smoothly...
I didnt find much difficult questions....just be confident with Domain knowledge.......
Testing methodologies....
Any programming and scripting language....

Engineer
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in October 2011.

Interview Details We had an internship offer in our campus. First round was online test consisting of general aptitude, os and basic computer science oriented questions. 20 were shortlisted. We had two rounds of interview. First was technical. Interview was conducted in various streams. They were asking questions from their specialized areas. Some got easy pannel. Some were difficult. Next was HR. They took 2 based on cgpa.

Interview Questions

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in July 2011.

Interview Details 4-5 rounds targeting skills in Computer Architecture(Basic and Avanced), Verilog, System Verilog,C, C++, Perl programming skills, real-time design and verification questions, and also projects I did during my Masters

Interview Question – Was given a design and asked how would I verify it? What interesting test-cases I could think of?etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in February 2014.

Interview Details Had 3 technical 35-45 mins phone interviews for Software Engineering Position at QCT.
1st Interview :

Asked everything mentioned on the resume. About each and every word. So I walked him through my resume answering all his questions.
Technical Questions asked :
1) Difference between Array and Linked List ?
2) If i have a phone book to implement, which of the two would you use ? and Why ?
3) In layman's term, explain CDMA and GSM and their differences.
4) What is buffer overflow ?
5) Asked everything about the projects that I had mentioned.

Later I was asked behavioral questions.

2nd Interview :
Technical Questions asked :

1) Explain final, static keywords.
2) Outputs of exception handling situations. Eg. Will Finally block be executed if catch block is not written ? When will system exit ? etc
3) What is StringBuffer and StringBuilder ?
4) What is singleton class ?
5) Does Multiple inheritance exist in both, C++ and Java?
6) Difference between C and Java.
7) Difference between Array and LinkedList
8) Asked a few questions on projects.

3rd Interview :
Technical Questions asked :

1) Difference between C and Java.
2) Explain Method Overloading
3) Explain CDMA and LTE

Questions to test logical reasoning :

2) How would you test for Salt Cellar ? What all parameters would you consider for testing ?

Interview Question – 1) How many Gas stations are there in the whole of USA ? ( Please do not come up with any arbitrary number. They do not want that ! )

Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details I was rollover from Intern to Full Time, joined in 2004 unfortunately no joining bonus started with very low base salary.

Interview Question – Had few technical questions related to OP-AMP, Schmidt trigger, Interrupts etc. I didn't have formal interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately I didn't negotiate.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details HR emailed me that I was shortlisted and had to give 2 technical interviews. First tech interview was tuff with question mainly on C/C++ and on Opencv as my project was on that. 2nd Interviewer ws nice it was easy mainly asked C/C++, TCP/UDP, CDMA/LTE etc.... Now awaiting results..

Interview Question – What is best way to design a destructor in a base class?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details This is a telephone interview. An India guy interviewed me. But I was not used to his accent; eventually I failed. The first part is to demonstrate myself, which is normal; then the interviewer started to ask questions; mostly about C and a little bit about telecommunications field.

Interview Question – Many questions about C. Not to many about telecommunications.
One question:
int *a=10; a++;
string *a='10'; a++;
What's the difference between them? Anyway, pointer problems all over.

Another one:
Explain what you know about an TCP packet; what's the difference between TCP packets and UDP packets?

Staff Design Engineer Interview

Staff Design Engineer

Interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA

Interview Details I applied online and were notified to have phone interview in 2 weeks. The phone interview was about one hour or so. Basic circuit questions and some background questions. The notice for on site interview was received in about two weeks.

Interview Question – Were asked about system development experience   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm CDMA

Worked for Qualcomm CDMA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm CDMA interview questions and advice. All 107 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Qualcomm CDMA employees and interview candidates.