Qualcomm

Getting the Interview

799 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details They will take in details interview total 5 rounds.

Interview Question – Operating systems   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2011.

Interview Details conducted an off campus drive in bangalore and attended it. they conducted two technical rounds on same day. First on is little basic and the second it more into technical.
Interview process was good and they gave feedback immediately and what they are looking for.
I was not shortlisted but the process and they way they conducted the interview was good.

Interview Question – They kept on increasing the level of questions they asked and its like rapid fire. Nothing like unexpected but they asked most of the questions related to topic only.   Answer Question

Windows and Middleware Administrator Interview

Hyderābād

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

Interview Details Below was my interview process:

HR called to inform about the position and schedule a telephonic interview:

1) Telephonic technical interview that lasted for 40 mins. They ask on the skills listed on your resume and relevant to the position.

2) Face 2 Face interview - Lasted for about an hour with 3 members in the interview panel. Again they asked about pretty much everything I listed in my resume. Also, check to see if you fit in their team.

Hyderābād

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview Details There were three round: Aptitude,Coding and Basics of core subjects.

Interview Question – Coding questions were asked   Answer Question

Technical Director Interview

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details had a telephonic interview, next interview at the location, f2f. Talks with team members in USA, wait for 3 monts, offer process start, wait for another one month, offer came but no negotiations.

Interview Question – strengths and weakness   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details Hiring process was of three steps. First written test and then 2 rounds of telephonic interview.

Interview Question – Technical interview was on the tougher side. Interview was asking questions mainly on digital signal processing, coding mainly internal change in stacks after function calling and some average mental ability question   Answer Question

Intern
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2012.

Interview Details Round 1 was an online test consisting of three sections. Section 1 consisted of aptitude/IQ question, Section 2 contained basic coding questions and 3 consisted of one out of software,EC(Signals) or VLSI, the one for which the candidte is sitting.
Round 2 was 30 min technical interview in which previous project details, basic core theory and coding questions were asked. Puzzles of medium level difficulty were also asked.
Third round is HR round,which hardly lasts 10 min consisting of the most general hr questions asked in a interview.

Interview Question – Coding questions are asked even from an electrical or EC students if applied for hyderabad.   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview Details I applied through employee referral. I got the call within 3 days of referring. Firs round was a telephonic interview. they asked few questions on past experience and CV walk through.
Second round was face to face and they covered various topics in Embedded systems right from scheduler till designing a Soc.Also, debugging techniques on ARM processor.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details No phone screening. Was asked to fly to onsite.
5 rounds of f2f interviews
General Project and Program Management.
Many questions on the projects handled and detail oriented.

The person who was supposed to take the HR round left office early. I was told that the HR round will happen over phone.

Despite several follow-ups no response. Did not get even get a 'regret' mail.
I assumed I was not selected.

Intern
Hyderābād

Interview Details Initially Qualcomm took a aptitude test and shortlisted 9 from 36 students( EE and CS combined). This was followed by 2 telephonic interview-Technical followed by HR.

Technical interview lasted for 10-13 min.They initially ask for your field of interest and ask questions based on that-mine was Digital system design,Embedded systems
Questions:
-How to make a counter
-difference between synchronous and asynchronous counters
-which of the above takes less time

-parts of a microprocessor
-is peripherals mandatory for microprocessors
-interrupts-hardware and software
-what happens when an interrupt is made
-difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
-which of the above takes less time for decoding

HR interview was the next morning.It was easy and lasted hardly 7 minutes
Questions:
-What do you expect at Qualcomm
-why do you want to join Qualcomm

Interview Question – -difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
-which of the above takes less time for decoding
  View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm interview questions and advice. All 799 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.