Qualcomm

Updated 13 Dec 2014
1,071 Interview Reviews

3.1

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

It was through campus recruitment. They had two technical rounds. I cleared the first roud but was rejected in the second. In the first round they asked questions based on Finite State Machines. Also a simple digital circuit and it's truth table. Also I was asked to design an N-MOS inverter. There was also a puzzle - if there are 21 balls with only one weighing heavier, how will you find it using only one weighing balance in the minimum number of weighings?
    In my second round I was asked to design the FSM for a Vending Machine. And then they asked me to solve a timing analysis question which I couldn't. It was a little complex involving setup and hold time.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

online test followed by tr and hr.online test consisted of questions on aptitude,C, Digital electronics on flipflops,questions like ADSL,technology used in dish tvs,.In interview round questions were asked on latch and flipflop etc.,.

Interview Questions
    • how can u weigh an odd ball among 8 balls using 2 steps(odd ball heavy or light is not given)   View Answers (2)

Qchat Tools Engineer/Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied for this position on careers page. Got a call from HR regarding telephonic interview. Went through 1 hr telephonic round where the interviewer grilled on basics of C,C++ and Data structures.

Questions:
    1. What is your experience in C,C++
    2. How would you rate yourself in C,C++ and Java
    3. Asked basics of OOPs
    4. Asked about current project.
    5. Why do you want to join Qualcomm
    6. Gave two programs and asked the output
    7. Aksed why hashtable is used over other DS
    8. What is the difference between mobile app development and web application
    9. What is your experience in Android
    10. What is Abstract Class. and what is the difference b/w abstract class and interface. How you create abstract class in C++
    11. What is dynamic binding. How do you implement it
    12. What is fseek
    13. Do you python , share your experience
    14. Do you know perl.
    15. Are you open for learning

Interview Questions
    Yet to go through HR round

Software Engineer Interview

On campus

2 technical 1 hr

IT Engineer - Global License Administration Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

I had applied for this position in the first week of may 2013. I got a email from the Hyderabad recuriting HR stating my profile has been shortlisted and a telephonic interview was scheduled in the first week of June. On the day of the telephonic interview ( US Timings by US Engineer), I didn't get a call.

So I sent a mail again. The HR rescheduled it again in the second week of June. This time, the conference codes and dial in numbers for the telephonic converstation didn't work. The Interviewer sent me a mail on my personal id and gave a new set of codes after half an hour. I dialed this number and about 100 rupees got cut.

A very simple screening happened during the interview process. No technical questions asked. He just asked my experience on FNMP product. He conveyed that I'll be taking up a in person interview in bangalore later and then only the hiring manager will make an offer if I'm selected.

Till June 20, no updates were given. So I contacted the HR and she added the Bangalore HR in the mail chain. The Bangalore HR after 2-3 email updates, came back and said she needed 2 more days since the interviewer was on vacation. After 20 more days, I didn't hear back from the Bangalore HR. Hence I sent a mail venting my displeasure and her reply was that "She was handling hundred interviews a week and she missed it/ it was one of the bad eggs".

The HR doesn't have basic workflow ethics. That's all I can say. Very uprofessional

Associate Engineer Interview

It has four rounds of interview. To begin with we had a written test and then a technical interview. Followed by a Hr interview. After the internship we also had a exit hr interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked my how I would debug a certain code as well as how many types of testing are totally present in this kind of a job.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Clear and Highly Detail Oriented. They check the concepts.

They matched my expectations

Intern Interview

3 steps: Written Exam(Logical, Programming basics, Technical)

Interview Questions
    • Random questions, not related to VLSI, in VLSI Written test.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

It was an on-campus recruitment drive and there was an online written test followed by two technical and one HR interview a week after the test results were out.
    The written test consisted of three sections: Quantitative Aptitude, Programming, VLSI/Communication. I appeared for the job in VLSI domain. There are basic questions asked in VLSI from Verilog,Digital Circuits, Microprocessor and programming questions included just finding the output for simple programs involving loops and selecting the correct implementation of a code,questions are not language specific, they are written in terms of algorithms. Quantitative Aptitude is also very simple.
    There were two technical interviews. In my first intterview questions were basically targeted at CMOS Devices and my projects that i had done during my B.Tech.
    In the second round of interiew questions were about digital system design(front end) and he also asked a few puzzles just to check the approach for tackling the question
    In the last round, just salary details were mentioned to me and i got selected.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a disc with alternate black and white sectors and it is rotating and we need to judge the direction of rotation of the disc.   View Answers (3)
    Keep the basics of digital circuits prepared and try to be talkative during the course of interview and try to tell them what approach you are following while tackling a question.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

face to face interview 4 rounds followed by 2 HR rounds