Qualcomm Interview Questions

1,120 Interview Reviews

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderābād) in November 2013.

Interview

Initially Qualcomm took a aptitude test and shortlisted 9 from 36 students( EE and CS combined). This was followed by 2 telephonic interview-Technical followed by HR.

Technical interview lasted for 10-13 min.They initially ask for your field of interest and ask questions based on that-mine was Digital system design,Embedded systems
    -How to make a counter
    -difference between synchronous and asynchronous counters
    -which of the above takes less time

-parts of a microprocessor
    -is peripherals mandatory for microprocessors
    -interrupts-hardware and software
    -what happens when an interrupt is made
    -difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
    -which of the above takes less time for decoding

HR interview was the next morning.It was easy and lasted hardly 7 minutes
    Questions:
    -What do you expect at Qualcomm
    -why do you want to join Qualcomm

Interview Questions

• -difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
      -which of the above takes less time for decoding

1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

Interview

There were three round: Aptitude,Coding and Basics of core subjects.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

3 Tech Rounds and 1 hr

Interview Questions

• Mostly on microprocessor concepts and some on Programming too.   Answer Question

Interim Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (Bangalore) in September 2013.

Interview

Its on campus in our college and Qualcomm Ind Ltd has come to our college for selecting interns. As per regular process interview follows the written test. Written test was little difficult as there are lots of question according to the time frame given. Questions in written test were from OS, networking, C and also some analytical and reasoning questions were also present.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

Interview

It was through campus recruitment. They had two technical rounds. I cleared the first roud but was rejected in the second. In the first round they asked questions based on Finite State Machines. Also a simple digital circuit and it's truth table. Also I was asked to design an N-MOS inverter. There was also a puzzle - if there are 21 balls with only one weighing heavier, how will you find it using only one weighing balance in the minimum number of weighings?
    In my second round I was asked to design the FSM for a Vending Machine. And then they asked me to solve a timing analysis question which I couldn't. It was a little complex involving setup and hold time.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

Interview

online test followed by tr and hr.online test consisted of questions on aptitude,C, Digital electronics on flipflops,questions like ADSL,technology used in dish tvs,.In interview round questions were asked on latch and flipflop etc.,.

Interview Questions

• how can u weigh an odd ball among 8 balls using 2 steps(odd ball heavy or light is not given)   2 Answers

Qchat Tools Engineer/Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderābād).

Interview

Applied for this position on careers page. Got a call from HR regarding telephonic interview. Went through 1 hr telephonic round where the interviewer grilled on basics of C,C++ and Data structures.

1. What is your experience in C,C++
    2. How would you rate yourself in C,C++ and Java
    3. Asked basics of OOPs
    4. Asked about current project.
    5. Why do you want to join Qualcomm
    6. Gave two programs and asked the output
    7. Aksed why hashtable is used over other DS
    8. What is the difference between mobile app development and web application
    9. What is your experience in Android
    10. What is Abstract Class. and what is the difference b/w abstract class and interface. How you create abstract class in C++
    11. What is dynamic binding. How do you implement it
    12. What is fseek
    13. Do you python , share your experience
    14. Do you know perl.
    15. Are you open for learning

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yet to go through HR round

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

On campus

2 technical 1 hr

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (Bangalore) in June 2013.

Interview

I had applied for this position in the first week of may 2013. I got a email from the Hyderabad recuriting HR stating my profile has been shortlisted and a telephonic interview was scheduled in the first week of June. On the day of the telephonic interview ( US Timings by US Engineer), I didn't get a call.

So I sent a mail again. The HR rescheduled it again in the second week of June. This time, the conference codes and dial in numbers for the telephonic converstation didn't work. The Interviewer sent me a mail on my personal id and gave a new set of codes after half an hour. I dialed this number and about 100 rupees got cut.

A very simple screening happened during the interview process. No technical questions asked. He just asked my experience on FNMP product. He conveyed that I'll be taking up a in person interview in bangalore later and then only the hiring manager will make an offer if I'm selected.

Till June 20, no updates were given. So I contacted the HR and she added the Bangalore HR in the mail chain. The Bangalore HR after 2-3 email updates, came back and said she needed 2 more days since the interviewer was on vacation. After 20 more days, I didn't hear back from the Bangalore HR. Hence I sent a mail venting my displeasure and her reply was that "She was handling hundred interviews a week and she missed it/ it was one of the bad eggs".

The HR doesn't have basic workflow ethics. That's all I can say. Very uprofessional

Associate Engineer Interview

Interview

It has four rounds of interview. To begin with we had a written test and then a technical interview. Followed by a Hr interview. After the internship we also had a exit hr interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked my how I would debug a certain code as well as how many types of testing are totally present in this kind of a job.   Answer Question