Qualcomm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview Details Initially Qualcomm took a aptitude test and shortlisted 9 from 36 students( EE and CS combined). This was followed by 2 telephonic interview-Technical followed by HR.

Technical interview lasted for 10-13 min.They initially ask for your field of interest and ask questions based on that-mine was Digital system design,Embedded systems
-How to make a counter
-difference between synchronous and asynchronous counters
-which of the above takes less time

-parts of a microprocessor
-is peripherals mandatory for microprocessors
-interrupts-hardware and software
-what happens when an interrupt is made
-difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
-which of the above takes less time for decoding

HR interview was the next morning.It was easy and lasted hardly 7 minutes
Questions:
-What do you expect at Qualcomm
-why do you want to join Qualcomm

Interview Question – -difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
-which of the above takes less time for decoding
  View Answer

Senior Secretary Interview

Senior Secretary
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2009.

Interview Details I had total 7 rounds of interview, & during my 3rd or 4th meeting with one of the Senior Directors, he gave me few technical sums to solve and i did not get a single one correct,but then I still got selected because of my frankness that solving sums was not my forte

Interview Question – solving the technical sums   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2012.

Interview Details Interview process is tough. you need to be technically very strong in OS, networks, C programming languages. not much of puzzles and algorithms will be asked. 3 technical rounds and 1 HR round. apart from 1 online written test. will receive a mail about the status of the job offer a week later

Interview Question – he asked me to write algorithm for magic square problem which i was not aware of. he helped me in answering that question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i was fresher so did not negotiate anything. just accepted what they have offered

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview Details There were around six rounds, of which one was personality test, overall interview was average. Need patience as all rounds will be shooting same technical questions (maintain attitude). have good lunch. Hiring process is slow.

Interview Question – Personality test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiaions. I was paid like 6.5L in previous and I asked 12L they agreed.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details 3 Tech Rounds and 1 hr

Interview Question – Mostly on microprocessor concepts and some on Programming too.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

PMS Interview

PMS
Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2010.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interview and my work experience was just in sync with their requirement

Negotiation Details – Per company standards, salary is very good and no negotiation was required

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

Interview Details It was through campus recruitment. They had two technical rounds. I cleared the first roud but was rejected in the second. In the first round they asked questions based on Finite State Machines. Also a simple digital circuit and it's truth table. Also I was asked to design an N-MOS inverter. There was also a puzzle - if there are 21 balls with only one weighing heavier, how will you find it using only one weighing balance in the minimum number of weighings?
In my second round I was asked to design the FSM for a Vending Machine. And then they asked me to solve a timing analysis question which I couldn't. It was a little complex involving setup and hold time.

Interview Question – The digital timing analysis question.   Answer Question

Qchat Tools Engineer/Senior Engineer Interview

Qchat Tools Engineer/Senior Engineer
Hyderābād

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details Applied for this position on careers page. Got a call from HR regarding telephonic interview. Went through 1 hr telephonic round where the interviewer grilled on basics of C,C++ and Data structures.

1. What is your experience in C,C++
2. How would you rate yourself in C,C++ and Java
3. Asked basics of OOPs
4. Asked about current project.
5. Why do you want to join Qualcomm
6. Gave two programs and asked the output
7. Aksed why hashtable is used over other DS
8. What is the difference between mobile app development and web application
9. What is your experience in Android
10. What is Abstract Class. and what is the difference b/w abstract class and interface. How you create abstract class in C++
11. What is dynamic binding. How do you implement it
12. What is fseek
13. Do you python , share your experience
14. Do you know perl.
15. Are you open for learning

Interview Question – All the questions were moderate not very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yet to go through HR round

Very Easy Interview

IT Engineer - Global License Administration Team Interview

IT Engineer - Global License Administration Team
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

Interview Details I had applied for this position in the first week of may 2013. I got a email from the Hyderabad recuriting HR stating my profile has been shortlisted and a telephonic interview was scheduled in the first week of June. On the day of the telephonic interview ( US Timings by US Engineer), I didn't get a call.

So I sent a mail again. The HR rescheduled it again in the second week of June. This time, the conference codes and dial in numbers for the telephonic converstation didn't work. The Interviewer sent me a mail on my personal id and gave a new set of codes after half an hour. I dialed this number and about 100 rupees got cut.

A very simple screening happened during the interview process. No technical questions asked. He just asked my experience on FNMP product. He conveyed that I'll be taking up a in person interview in bangalore later and then only the hiring manager will make an offer if I'm selected.

Till June 20, no updates were given. So I contacted the HR and she added the Bangalore HR in the mail chain. The Bangalore HR after 2-3 email updates, came back and said she needed 2 more days since the interviewer was on vacation. After 20 more days, I didn't hear back from the Bangalore HR. Hence I sent a mail venting my displeasure and her reply was that "She was handling hundred interviews a week and she missed it/ it was one of the bad eggs".

The HR doesn't have basic workflow ethics. That's all I can say. Very uprofessional

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or easy.. Just a casual interview.   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Intern Interview

Interim Engineering Intern
Hyderābād

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2012.

Interview Details Qualcomm came to our institute around september. They had a screening test consisting of three parts
1. aptitude
2.coding
3. core
Next we had a techinal phone interview followed by a HR phone interview. After confirmation of internship, the next communication was in january followed by march

Interview Question – Most of the questions were from the courses that i have finished.   Answer Question