Qualcomm Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

I applied through employee referral. I got the call within 3 days of referring. Firs round was a telephonic interview. they asked few questions on past experience and CV walk through.
    Second round was face to face and they covered various topics in Embedded systems right from scheduler till designing a Soc.Also, debugging techniques on ARM processor.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

No phone screening. Was asked to fly to onsite.
    5 rounds of f2f interviews
    General Project and Program Management.
    Many questions on the projects handled and detail oriented.

The person who was supposed to take the HR round left office early. I was told that the HR round will happen over phone.

Despite several follow-ups no response. Did not get even get a 'regret' mail.
    I assumed I was not selected.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Initially Qualcomm took a aptitude test and shortlisted 9 from 36 students( EE and CS combined). This was followed by 2 telephonic interview-Technical followed by HR.

Technical interview lasted for 10-13 min.They initially ask for your field of interest and ask questions based on that-mine was Digital system design,Embedded systems
    -How to make a counter
    -difference between synchronous and asynchronous counters
    -which of the above takes less time

-parts of a microprocessor
    -is peripherals mandatory for microprocessors
    -interrupts-hardware and software
    -what happens when an interrupt is made
    -difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
    -which of the above takes less time for decoding

HR interview was the next morning.It was easy and lasted hardly 7 minutes
    Questions:
    -What do you expect at Qualcomm
    -why do you want to join Qualcomm

Interview Questions
    • -difference between RISC and CISC,advantage
      -which of the above takes less time for decoding
        View Answer

Senior Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2009.

I had total 7 rounds of interview, & during my 3rd or 4th meeting with one of the Senior Directors, he gave me few technical sums to solve and i did not get a single one correct,but then I still got selected because of my frankness that solving sums was not my forte

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2012.

Interview process is tough. you need to be technically very strong in OS, networks, C programming languages. not much of puzzles and algorithms will be asked. 3 technical rounds and 1 HR round. apart from 1 online written test. will receive a mail about the status of the job offer a week later

Interview Questions
    • he asked me to write algorithm for magic square problem which i was not aware of. he helped me in answering that question   View Answer
    i was fresher so did not negotiate anything. just accepted what they have offered

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

There were around six rounds, of which one was personality test, overall interview was average. Need patience as all rounds will be shooting same technical questions (maintain attitude). have good lunch. Hiring process is slow.

Interview Questions
    No negotiaions. I was paid like 6.5L in previous and I asked 12L they agreed.

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

3 Tech Rounds and 1 hr

Interview Questions
    • Mostly on microprocessor concepts and some on Programming too.   Answer Question

PMS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2010.

3 rounds of interview and my work experience was just in sync with their requirement

Per company standards, salary is very good and no negotiation was required

Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

It was through campus recruitment. They had two technical rounds. I cleared the first roud but was rejected in the second. In the first round they asked questions based on Finite State Machines. Also a simple digital circuit and it's truth table. Also I was asked to design an N-MOS inverter. There was also a puzzle - if there are 21 balls with only one weighing heavier, how will you find it using only one weighing balance in the minimum number of weighings?
    In my second round I was asked to design the FSM for a Vending Machine. And then they asked me to solve a timing analysis question which I couldn't. It was a little complex involving setup and hold time.

Qchat Tools Engineer/Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied for this position on careers page. Got a call from HR regarding telephonic interview. Went through 1 hr telephonic round where the interviewer grilled on basics of C,C++ and Data structures.

1. What is your experience in C,C++
    2. How would you rate yourself in C,C++ and Java
    3. Asked basics of OOPs
    4. Asked about current project.
    5. Why do you want to join Qualcomm
    6. Gave two programs and asked the output
    7. Aksed why hashtable is used over other DS
    8. What is the difference between mobile app development and web application
    9. What is your experience in Android
    10. What is Abstract Class. and what is the difference b/w abstract class and interface. How you create abstract class in C++
    11. What is dynamic binding. How do you implement it
    12. What is fseek
    13. Do you python , share your experience
    14. Do you know perl.
    15. Are you open for learning

Interview Questions
    Yet to go through HR round