Qualcomm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software/Systems Test Engineer Interview

Software/Systems Test Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by email and set up a phone interview a few days later. I spoke briefly with the hiring manager about my past experience then he began to ask technical questions. The questions related to object oriented programming despite that the job description did not ask for that skill and my resume did not say I had it. I don't really understand why they contacted me and I assume there must be some miscommunication between HR and the hiring manager. I was quite disappointed by the experience as I had previously thought highly of the idea of working for Qualcomm.

Interview Question – When would you use a class in object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2012.

Interview Details it was an easy process. But they took a long time to decide. It was lengthy at times....I did not get updates on a regular basis, which was frustrating.it was an easy process. But they took a long time to decide. It was lengthy at times....I did not get updates on a regular basis, which was frustrating.

Interview Question – why are you switching job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2012.

Interview Details I applied online and got an email from their HR to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was actually the person I will be reporting to if I get an offer. It was a technical round and he asked me C, C++, Linux questions. After few days I was informed that I was selected for the onsite interview. It was an all day process from 10am-5pm.. I had by 4-5 technical rounds and 1 HR round. I received the offer letter after 1 week.

Interview Question – All the questions were the standard ones expected in interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Visa issues..

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details Got interview chance from internal referral. The entire process (from phone interview to onsite interview, and then got offer) takes about 1.5 month. One phone interview, and one onsite interview with 7 interviewers (6 technical interviewers and 1 HR).

Interview Question – How would you design an elevator system.
Follow up, is there any problems (from a embedded system point of view) you should prevent and how will you prevent it in your design.
  View Answer

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

Interview Details Recruitment was fine, friendly and set up the process. Onsite for three interviews in total. Interview with panel of peers was most difficult, they were clearly testing the waters. I appreciated my interviews with the Directors much more than the consultant level employees. Excellent casual work culture, enjoyed the experience.

Interview Question – Was grilled in a panel interview with 5 peers.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details This interview was for a computer vision engineer and I worked with the HR department to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interviewer asked me about LoG function, Corner Detection and time complexities of the same. He seemed very capable and accomplished from his knowledge.

I was invited for an onsite interview and I had five rounds of onsite interview including a lunch interview.

Round 1: Hard interview with a principal engineer who knew his stuff. He asked questions about OpenGL, OpenCV, Homography, SIFT in gory detail.
Round 2: I spoke a little about myself and then I was asked to develop algorithm and code to find index of a number in a 2D array which was sorted in ascending order both horizontally and vertically.
Round 3: Lunch interview - a lot of questions about OO design, I was asked to print numbers in hexadecimal, I was asked about overhead of a class (including methods).
Round 4: The hiring team lead asked a bunch of behavioral questions. Then he asked a couple of easy questions. One to twiddle nibbles in a number, another to insert a string within another.
Round 5: The last interview was on computer vision and I was asked about RANSAC, k-d tree, SIFT, homography etc.

On rounds 2, 4 and 5 I explained about my PhD topic the other interviewers were not interested much.

Interview Question – How do you calibrate a camera to find extrinsic parameters?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated on the salary and got what I expected. I would recommend candidates to negotiate much more.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details Began with a phone screen interview which was all technical for about 45 mins to an hour. Called for on-site interview with 5-6 rounds. My first interviewer did not show up on time and the whole interview process was delayed by an hour and half. All the interviews after that were standard. But the interviewers were thoroughly unprofessional. They almost seemed disinterested in taking my interview and were making faces. Looking at their computer screen while hearing my answers and asking me questions.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions as such. I was asked a questions on details of MP3 format which were a little difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer from another company. Also, I was very unimpressed with the team in general and the whole interview process. If they cant even conduct an interview properly, I can only imagine the quality of work they might be doing.

Intern Engineer Interview

Intern Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview Details Submit Resume through online. Contact after 3 weeks. Call me to setup an interview onsite. People are nice. Interview questions are very basics for an electrical engineer. Asking basic EE questions

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. All big company asked the same questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details joined full time from consulting - not much to discuss.
most of the question are related to Networking and Wi-Fi
 asked basic programming concepts and extensive questions on previous projects

Interview Question – more question on TCP layer and routing algorithms   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2014.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with human resources coordinator
2 phone interviews with hiring manager
In-person interview with a staffing specialist to begin the on-site interview process
In-person interview (panel style with 4 directors, 1 manager, 1 VP); lasted 1 hour; informal in nature

Interview Question – Started inview asking if I had any questions
Pop-psychology questions were strange
  Answer Question

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!