Quanta Computer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Kuei-shan (Taiwan)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quanta Computer in March 2009.

Interview Details Normal hiring process through website application. HR will call and ask for interview setup date. Once schedule is confirmed, interview is not hard. Just an English competency computer test (TOEIC), then face-to-face interview. No strange or super difficult questions.

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiation, Quanta has a rigid scale of salary structure, you only get informed about the position that they are able to offer you, once you agreed, the salary structure is pretty straight forward.

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quanta Computer in November 2010.

Interview Details english skill test(with test computer), interview with hiring people and then manager

Interview Question – describe your career plan and describe your target in this job   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Employee

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Quanta Computer.

Interview Details no interview if you are applying for production lines. You basically just get picked like a lottery number. Hiring and interview process for higher positions is still simple. Nothing to worry about at all.

Interview Question – ....."are you willing to work OT?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – YES I want to work OT

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Fremont, CA (US)

Interview Details One of the most unprofessional interviews I've ever been in. The HR did not provide any details about the position except for the job title prior to interview. During the on site interaction, the interviewer was 20 minute late to the interview, and it was held at their cafeteria during lunch time where over 100 assembly workers were eating, chatting and playing loud music. I couldn't even hear the guy talk as he was explaining to me what the position does. To make it worse, it turns out HR really just packaged a assembly worker/technician as a Test Engineer and wanted to test the water to see if I would take the bait. After I talked with the manager, HR pulled me to the side and said the position pays at 35-40k and asked if I was ok with that. I can't believe you are paying an engineer at 40k at the center of Silicon Valley where the medium salary is 100k...... This experience was a huge minus across the board for interview organization, honesty, compensation and professionalism.

Interview Question – It was just the manager explaining me what the position does; no questions regarding my experiences and skill sets were asked   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – they wanted to pay an engineer at 40k, I have other concurrent offers that pays 1.5-2 times that.... Their excuse for the low salary was the experiences you get would take you far when you switch to other jobs. You seriously think you're the only company that offers this kind of career-enriching opportunity here at Silicon Valley?

Sales Administrator Interview

Sales Administrator
Taoyuan (Taiwan)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quanta Computer in November 2012.

Interview Details Apply on the official website.
1. English test - TOEIC
2. 1st round interview by a employee
3. 2nd round interview by a manager & a employee

The English test for sales-related jobs is 100 questions and for others (eg. engineers) is 50 questions. You must do the test fast or big chance fail to complete whole questions. English is very important so be prepared. 1st round interview was mostly about your working experience and job description, like the average interviews. 2nd interview was less stressful because it was more about how do you see this job.

Interview Question – Tell us any works you don't want to do at last job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another company provides better package.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Quanta Computer.

Interview Details 1. Online English evaluation
2. face to face interview

Interview Question – How much do you know about this industry / position?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
Taoyuan City (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Quanta Computer in July 2009.

Interview Details Applied the job position online, and then wait for manager's interview. During the interview, managers and supervisors asked me technical questions and questions about my Bachelors paper. I think that the interview is not easy.

Interview Question – how to improve the USB circuit.   Answer Question

Production Support/RTV Operator Interview

Production Support/RTV Operator
Fremont, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Quanta Computer in January 2012.

Interview Details Found an open opportunity on a job agency's website (40hrs Staffing). Submitted my resume through that website but without response for two weeks, and then I called back that agency, and they asked me to turn in my resume in person and fill out a new job application form. A couple of days later, one job agent called me and helped me set up an appointment with my current manager.

Interview Question – There was no question being asked merely. The only question my manager asked me was that when can you start. That was it.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Taipei (Taiwan)

I interviewed at Quanta Computer in October 2008.

Interview Details 1. English tests, TOEIC-like English listening and reading tests
2. Personality test ( which is trivial)
3. Specialty tests

Interview Question – C language tests
- memory access problem, pointers
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – try to decline at first... the salary may be raised

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quanta Computer in April 2012.

Interview Details I had the interview from my ex-boss who works in the company. First, I take a english and personality exam and then have a talk with my ex-boss. Wait two day, the HR call me and tell me I got the offer without salary detail. After two week, HR tell me my position, salary and on-board day.

Interview Question – Why you want to leave current company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you are the man that they want. You can decline the offer at the first time and they will increase your salary about 2k to 4k.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quanta Computer

Worked for Quanta Computer? Contribute to the Community!