Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2015
Updated 11 Apr 2015

2.7

Billing Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Tampa, FL (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position received two missed calls I returned the calls it took about 3 extra days they are never available. I was finally able to get in touch with Josie she conducted a phone interview and invited me in for a face to face interview. I interviewed with Deanna and a guy I forgot his name, it went well at least that's what I assumed. The interview was on a Friday I was advised I would hear from Josie on that Friday evening no later than the following Monday I called Josie the Tuesday after the day I anticipated hearing from her she stated they were still interviewing and I would know something by the end of the week. Since I hadn't heard from her I emailed her still no response. The initial process began December 19 and I still haven't received an offer or and communication as to not being offered the position and the training is scheduled to start 1/12 today is 1/6. I'm not sure what they were looking for however I may have scared them I ask one question..You stated that you are a good company and employees stay for many years, if I'm hired what do you think would be one reason that would keep me with the company for many years? Neither of the interviewers could answer Deanna simply said she didn't know the guy said he didn't know but followed up with the company has awesome benefits.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work as a team to get a project done by a certain time? How did you manage to meet the deadline   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with HR, a Phone interview with the director of sales, and an in-person interview with the director of sales and a VP of marketing. The in person interview required me to study one of the offerings and role play with the director. I focused too much on the product and didn't ask enough questions (classic mistake). Nice people, but I was never notified that i did not get the job which I felt was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales process? Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in October 2014.

Interview

First interview on phone call and then on site interview, really nice experience, amazing people, and really talked respectfully and give you their time to understand your good and bad points. They test your analytical skills as well interpersonal skills

Medical Technologist I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

One interview with a panel of individuals. Possibly 2 interviews on same day with direct supervisors and lab manager. There is no standardization of the interview process. If they want, they do 2 interviews, if they feel like it, they only do 1. You can be hired in 1 interview if the supervisor likes you.

Interview Questions

• Technical bench questions used to be the most difficult at my time of interview, but the hiring manager for my department doesn't know the bench work, so that's probably gone away by now.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none. You take or don't take. They act like their hands are tied.

Billing Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR after applying online. The first time HR contacted me a brief conversation turned into an over the phone interview which then lead to scheduling an on site interview. Since HRs initial contact with me turned into the actual phone interview I felt It was exactly how a phone interview should be it just was very smooth yet direct and to the point. They scheduled my face to face interview at the end of the phone call for two days later. My in person interview was about 45 minutes long with various questions asked. I was asked about my prior experience in detail, how I felt I could contribute to the company and what I was looking for from a manger and co workers. The interview went smooth it just flowed and they made me feel very comfortable. I was offered the position a week and a half later and the rest is history.

Interview Questions

Interview

For the phone interview, they asked very basic interview questions i.e. What do you know about our company, why do you want to work for this company, what experience do you have that relates to this job.I didn't have any experience relating to this job, and maybe that is why I never got a face to face interview. Overall, compared to other interviews I have had this one asked the most basic and common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• They were moving the job location from Southern to Northern California, and they asked me if I was okay with that.   Answer Question

Billing Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Tampa, FL (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied for position and got a call for phone interview 2 days later phone screening lasted about 20min .was asked to schedule an in person interview the following Monday. The face to face interview lasted only 5 min they asked 5 questions and said most of the questions they had were asked during the phone screening. I was nervous at first but they don't even look at u during the interview,they were too busy writing my responses. They said I will receive a call from the person who held the phone interview,It's been 2days and I'm still awaiting an offer

Interview Questions

• They ask behavioral based questions you have to pretty much tell a story.
      " name a time you disagreed with your supervisor? What did you do?
      Name a time you sacrificed something for the sake of your job?

Answer Question

Grossing Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted over the phone and spoke to the hiring manager about my skill set. She told me she would have HR contact me set up an interview in person. I have the date and time with in a couple days. I met the hiring manager and the team lead at the lab and we toured the lab where I was interviewing for. We had an in depth discussion about my skill set with examples and my views on interpersonal interactions with co-workers. I then spent some time in HR with the rep who contacted me and filled out several forms for my file.

Interview Questions

• There was no real question that threw me or that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Phlebotomy Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Very quick process if there is a position open and needing filled. Easy questions if you know your job. Company was very small. So not a lot of opportunity for growth.

Interview Questions

• The supervisor wasn't very good at interview very puzzled and unorganized   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my pay

Specimen Processor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Was hired through an agent. Have to take an online skill typing test before proceeding to the next step. Interview lasted for 15 minutes and a tour around the lab. No hard questions, just a regular conversation.