Quest Diagnostics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Collegeville, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in March 2014.

Interview Details Hiring and interview process is standard
  I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted an initial screening. Having passed this initial screening I met for over an hour with a team of hiring managers. The feedback I got back from the recruiter was positive and I was called back for a second interview. Process is straightforward adn is done in a professional manner

Interview Question – What s your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Technical Director Interview

Technical Director

Interviewed at Quest Diagnostics

Interview Details The department was desperate as they have had extremely high turnover in the position. Because of their desperation and difficulty in filling the position, they deliberately lied to me about how long the position had been vacant and they lied about the extent of the needs of the position because of their difficulty in keeping people in the position. If a candidate must be honest about their experience and credentials, then my expectations are that a prospective employer be no less transparent. Why would I want to work for a company that can be deceptive to its workforce?

Interview Question – nothing difficult, unexpected or original   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted and in 6 months resigned when I realized that Quest had not been forthright with me.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

Interviewed at Quest Diagnostics

Interview Details All hiring interviews done at Madison, NJ headquarters. 2 interviews scheduled on single visit. First interview with hiring manager. Second scheduled with senior group leader and sales director. However, group leader did not show to second meeting, and the sales director did not seem familiar with the job requirements- line of questions seemed to come out of left field and at times were at odds with expectations laid out by hiring manager. It was a somewhat puzzling experience, especially having flown in for the interview.

Interview Question – Are you applying for this job simply to serve as a vehicle to relocate?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – no negiotiation. offer was fair.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Lenexa, KS (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in December 2012.

Interview Details Received outreach from independent recruiter; good exploratory conversation
Unsuccessful attempts by recruiter to schedule follow-up phone interview with hiring manager
Obtained permission from recruiter to directly contact hiring manager
Reached out to hiring manager; received same-day commitment for a 30-minute conversation
Hard stop at 30-minute mark into conversation -- end of the line

Had otherwise alluded to second phone interview and one. maybe two, in-person interview(s)

Interview Question – So your biggest sale was a lead given to you by your boss?   View Answer

Lab Assistant II Interview

Lab Assistant II

I applied in-person and interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details I was hired by a local company which was bought out by Quest Diagnostics. I had to work my way up to the position and location. I first worked at the Core processing center and then made my way to hospital work with night hours then to day and evening.

Interview Question – The most difficult interview question was how would I handle a problem with a patient. I didn't have that experience yet so I fudged my answer. I honestly got the position by knowing people within the hospital.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation: it was cut and dry.

Medical Laboratory Technologist Interview

Medical Laboratory Technologist

Interviewed at Quest Diagnostics

Interview Details They contacted me by e-mail after seeing my resume, I agreed to come to the job interview.

Medical Transcriptionist Interview

Medical Transcriptionist
Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through another source and interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details The HR rep who interviewed me was extremely nice and made me very comfortable. Unfortunately, she did not work at Quest more than one year.

Interview Question – There were none - she was pleasant and not intimidating at all - it was a nice experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

I cannot enter a date as I was interviewed in December 2004 and started working in January 2005. I was laid off in May 2013 when all transcriptionists were laid off due to implementation of voice recognition program.

Phelbotomist Interview

Phelbotomist

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details Long and lack of details

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Physician Account Executive Interview

Physician Account Executive
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in February 2010.

Interview Details Easy process, had interview with immediate supervisor, one phone screen with her boss and then a role play final interview.

Interview Question – Role play to sell a product (Care360)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating. Got an increase of $2000 in base salary.

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in March 2013.

Interview Details I applied on UC's Recruit a Cat website and an HR worker contacted me. I went in for an interview and it was me talking with 2 sr staff accountants and the assistant controller. I was contacted about a week later and offered me the internship. The whole thing took about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – They mainly went through my resume and asked questions about that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.