Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 4 Aug 2014
Updated 4 Aug 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

Applied through campus recruiting. Got invited for an interview.

Interview Questions
  • What would your biggest difficulty with the job be if you were hired?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I came across this company at the engineering job fair. After speaking with the recruiters there, I had an initial on-campus interview scheduled. The recruiter was nice and the interview was fairly standard. We went over my work/research experience and qualifications, but there were no technical/quantitative questions. This was followed by a second on-campus interview with a different interviewer that asked very similar (standard) interview questions. Finally, I was flown out to the Houston office for an on-site interview. The night I arrived in Houston, the company took all of the new recruits out to dinner and answered any questions we had about the company. The next day we were taken to the office, given a tour, and interviewed with two executives with the company (I interviewed with a senior consultant and an executive in accounting). These interviews primarily served as an opportunity for me to learn more about the company and ask them questions. I received an offer within a week of returning home.

Consultant Interview

Quick interview, they pretty much explained to me why this opportunity was great for me and the company. I had 2 outstanding offers, and I had to make a decision the same day, so it wasn't much of an interview, rather a sales pitch.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your manager took credit for your suggestion?   View Answer
    they offered me the highest salary for that position, no negotiation, they beat the other offers from other companies.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

I received an email inviting me to apply for the position from a director. I spoke with the team at the career fair, and was called about an interview the next week. The day before the interview, I went to the info session, which was very beneficial, then interviewed with a company VP the next day, followed by a 2nd interview the next day, and an on site interview in Houston a few weeks later.

Come with questions - all 3 of my interviews started with opportunities to ask questions - and are more than willing to let you spend 30 minutes or so asking questions, so come prepared.

The interview itself was pretty standard - they asked to tell a little bit about yourself, your previous work experiences, leadership positions on campus, why you picked your major, etc. Followed by those behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when.... and what the outcome was")

The process is just as much about you learning about their business and if you would be a good fit in a consulting role as it is them determining whether you're a right fit for them. My best advice to you: ask engaging questions that make your interviewer go into detail about the specifics of different roles (delivery, support, development, implementation, etc.) If you are genuinely interested in learning about Quorum, they will be interested in you.

Interview Questions
    • You mentioned that it is most difficult for you to stay motivated when facing tedious tasks that aren't challenging. You may face a few of those situations here, how will you handle it, and how will you stay motivated?   Answer Question
    I was given a formal offer the day after my interview in Houston. The offer was better than I had been expecting - I did not try to negotiate. Given 2 weeks to accept/decline, but they mentioned they can be more flexible if need be.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in March 2014.

First round interview question are pertained and focused on items on your resume, school work and campus involvement. The interview is about 45 minutes to one hour long depending on the amount of questions you ask. That evening I received a phone call informing me I have advanced to the next round interview the following morning. Second Interview is the following morning with a different person asking the questions. The questions asked during this round is mostly behavioral/situation questions (I.e tell me time when you....). The following Monday, I received another phone call informing me I have made it to the office visit. They will give you two dates for the office visit (either Thursday-Friday or Sunday-Monday). You get the chance to stay in hotel downtown. That night you will get the chance to meet other candidates and get pick up by a couple of HR reps and go out to dinner and talk to recent grads who work at Quroum. The following moring you will get picked up in the morning and driven to the office. At the office visit, you go through a info session, interview with executive and lunch with a different group of recent grads. The interview at the office is somewhat easy. Personally, my interview was more of a convo, I ask the person giving the interview questions the entire time. I received a phone call informing me Quorum would like to extend an offer upon graduation to me.

Consultant Interview

A phone interview, then an onsite interview.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

Two rounds of on campus interviews and one onsite interview. The first was about my background and experience, the second was behavioral. The onsite interview day consisted of a couple of social gatherings with current Quorum employees, allowing candidates to determine if Quorum would be a good fit for them.

Interview Questions
    Havent accepted or declined yet, but have been given two weeks to make a decision.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

College/University recruiting. Apply online then they invite you to a campus interview. The interview is a two day process. If they like you after the first interview then they will invite you back the next day. A week or so later they will let you know if you have made it ti the next round on interview which is an office visit. They will fly you out, and you will go to dinner with other candidates and current employees. The company pays for your hotel, plane, and transportation to and from the airport. The next day you will have one interview which is thirty minutes to an hour. The day of the interview they will feed you breakfast and lunch. They will let you know by that night if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions will come from your resume and experiences. You will mainly just talk about projects you have worked on, and technical stuff you have done.   Answer Question

I had another offer with better benefits.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I initially met with a recruiter at the Texas A&M Career Fair. I had looked up all information on the career website and had already placed in an application at the time of meeting. The career fair meeting was informative and I was given all information on how to apply and an informational session flier. I received an email from the campus recruiting that I had received an interview. Attended their information session which was full of energy and helped to spark an interest. The next morning was the interview on-campus. General questions, heavily behavioral. Received a call back that evening for a 2nd round interview on campus the next morning. The next interview included more behavioral questions and general company fit questions (how do you work under pressure? what computer knowledge do you have?) Received a call, as promised, that evening inviting me to the on-site interviews. They allowed candidates to select their desired arrival date. I received my first pick. Went to the on-site interview which consisted of a dinner with newer employees the night before. The day of the interview we met in the hotel lobby to walk to the location. This day included breakfast, lunch, benefit overview, and two interviews. This interviews appeared to play "good cop, bad cop" because my first interview was very strict on all resume.transcript information. Example "Why did you get this grade in this class?". The 2nd interview was very career focused, it was almost very informal and a conversation, not an interview.

Interview Questions
    Was given the choice of 2 start dates.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in November 2012.

Submitted my resume through the career fair at university. Went through two rounds on on-campus interviews and then was invited to do an office visit. The on-campus interviews were fairly straightforward: mainly behavioral questions and trying to see if you are a good fit with the company (energy and software). The in-office consisted of 2 more interviews, lunch, and a benefits review session. Everyone is really friendly. There is an incredibly quick turnaround time. I heard the day of each interview whether or not I was going to the next round and recieved an offer the same day as the final interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!