R.R. Donnelley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Lead Interview

Shift Lead

Interviewed at R.R. Donnelley

Interview Details Very Slow and not satisfied. HR was very slow in scheduling the interview timings and the dates kept changing. The Joining date was not shared properly, there was a sudden change in joining date as well. Which was not disclosed prior.

Interview Question – Repeated questions from all the levels   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was tough yet it was likely satified

Financial Associate Interview

Financial Associate
Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in January 2012.

Interview Details Walk in. They tested our basic accounting Skills

Interview Question – All usual Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They fixed the salary. No negotiation took place.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Thiruvananthapuram

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in May 2012.

Interview Details 2 telephonic rounds, One with HR - just a basic understanding of the background
Second Technical - rigorous - 2 hrs...basic accounting understanding to expertise in excel

Interview Question – How long will you stay here   View Answer

Negotiation Details – For a first job its fine...but stay only until you feel you are doing right for yourself. Once you feel you are done, its time to move on.

MIS Associate Interview

MIS Associate
Thiruvananthapuram

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in May 2010.

Interview Details Interview process is not so complicated. But after selection, people has to wait to days to get their background verification cleared. Usually interviews are walk-in and usually happens most days. Intake of employees depends on requirement from concern departments and lot of sorting process is involved. For eg, only 5 or 6 people will be selected from 50. You have to be very good in communication and writing ability.

Interview Question – Most questions are easy and expected. For beginners the questions like letter writing, emails etc will be tough - even though we are familiar with letter writing in school/colleges, the case here is different. They expect very professional letters. Same in the case of emails – we are not good in writing professional emails. Also in case of graphic designing questions, we use to get unexpected question. Only people with experience in this are can give up, not recommended for fresher.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was my first job, so I accepted the offer. You have to talk with other employees about the facilites and try to understand about the company before accepting offer.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Chennai

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in March 2008.

Interview Details It was a campus interview post B.COM. There was a written test with Logical reasoning, General Knowledge, Analytical and English. Followed by Technical round by managers (panel of 2) about the interests, basics of accounting, ratio analysis, sectors etc. Further there was a HR round on explaining the pay packages and policies of the company.

Interview Question – Case study solving   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was a campus placement

Director_Admin & Facilities Interview

Director_Admin & Facilities
Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in January 2008.

Interview Details Communication

View Answer

Multimedia Technologist Interview

Multimedia Technologist
Chennai

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in December 2008.

Interview Details It was conducted by one of the operators and was not up to the mark

Interview Question – No technical questions but gave a test. They failed to correct my papers and finally I was asked to take a retest and passed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You cant negotiate here. Whatever they fix we have to accept. Else "There are many people waiting outside. I can take any one of them who accepts to work for this salary. If you wish you can stay, otherwise please leave" will be the answer

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Programmer/Analyst
Chennai

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in November 2008.

Interview Details Select the candidates from professional networks and private agencies. Job opening are mostly permanent based jobs and often contract based jobs are hired. Interview process is most likely 3 to 5 rounds based on relevant work experience. (Aptitude test, Technical rounds and HR rounds).

Interview Question – Why do you looking for job change?   View Answer

Senior RSA Interview

Senior RSA
Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in September 2011.

Interview Details Basically there would be three rounds... Two with HR and one with the Operations Manager.. Questions related to your specialization may be asked along with your General Introduction.. Post which documents needs to be submitted to the HR. A detailed back ground verification will be done before they hire you into the company

Process Associate Interview

Process Associate
Thiruvananthapuram

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in September 2010.

Interview Details Started with a written test followed by 3 rounds of interview and finally got the offer

Interview Question – Explain about yourself ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Prepare well and attend the interview

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!