Capital One
3.4 of 5 1,228 reviews
www.capitalone.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Question

I interviewed in Richmond, VA and was asked:
"Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 how weird you are."
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Operations Analyst Interview Review - one of 1,111 Capital One Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

votes
just know the company's culture and if they like uniqueness or not
- Interview Candidate on Apr 05, 2010 Flag Response
votes
well, do they like uniqueness or not?
- pg on Aug 03, 2010 Flag Response
fake
- Anonymous on Oct 26, 2010 Flag Response
of 3
about a 5.6719151431
- nb on Jan 04, 2011 Flag Response
of 1
"Extremely weird" since my scale shows 156 lbs.
- Debarshi on Jan 11, 2011 Flag Response
of 2
votes
I am within two standard deviations from the norm...
- Tim A on Jan 11, 2011 Flag Response
of 1
I am a 10. I am a software engineer. We are all very weird.
- Randy on Jan 11, 2011 Flag Response
votes
please read this as, "hmmm, how will you answer this question?"
- pt on Jan 11, 2011 Flag Response
of 1
My perception of weird and your perception are going to be different, so will the interviewer's. Always consider the audience that you are speaking to and make sure to add some, not a lot, of levity!
- cm on Jan 11, 2011 Flag Response
of 5
votes
One number lower than whoever came up with this question
- Maximus on Jan 11, 2011 Flag Response
of 1
Maximus- love that answer- halarious.
- Pam on Jan 11, 2011 Flag Response
of 2
votes
This is most likely fake, if it was asked it probably was just to amuse the interviewer, not so much of a deciding factor.
- Ray on Jan 12, 2011 Flag Response
of 3
votes
This is to assess the candidate's perception, witt, and confidence, as well as ability to present a rational response to an "irrational" question.
My anwer would be: Weirdness is a subjective topic, based on a scale of (1-10) one would first have to determine what the reference point is. I live life through my own eyes and judge people and events through my own moral compass. Therefore i would be a "1" and measure everything else with me as the reference point.
There is no wrong or right answer, this is about confidence in presenting your argument.
I would have a different answer of course if the question was about things other than weirdness, such as talent, uniqueness, difference, etc..
- ACE on Jan 16, 2011 Flag Response
votes
my answer would be "1" because normalcy is relative.
- Akshat on Jan 17, 2011 Flag Response
5 because im inbetween both a normal one....^_^
- Arjun on May 10, 2012 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Tags are like keywords, helping to categorise interview questions that have something in common.

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One interview questions and advice. All interview reviews are posted anonymously by Capital One employees and interview candidates.