Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon in January 2013.

Interview

After clearing your aptitude round (which is conducted by AMCAT), you will face 3 other rounds. 1st one is data interpretation round in which you will be given test paper which you have to solve in 45 minutes. 1st interview will be completely based upon that. In 2nd interview you will be asked about your projects, some puzzles & guesstimates type of questions. Final round is HR.
    Thats it. Clear these rounds and get selected.

Interview Question – i find data interpretation round the most difficult.

Administrative Interview

Interview

Phone Interview. HR called in the evening to set up a screening interview with the hiring manager. Next, was given an application to complete. This was in addition to the resume and cover letter that I previously provided when applying to the job. Next, I received information about how to participate in the screening interview (phone number, participants, etc).

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (Woburn, MA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and was contacted by the hiring manager 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. Three days after the hiring manager's initial call, I interviewed in person with the Program Manager and her team. I first met with her team members, who told me that they really needed someone to help their manager, who's exhausting herself by taking on additional administrative duties for the past 2 years. I understood their situation, and tailored my answers to show them that I can provide the assistance needed to support her and their team. After speaking with them for about an hour, I met with the Program Manager; my meeting with her felt more like two people having a conversation, which was refreshing. It's not everyday that an instant rapport happens between two people, yet that's what took place during our interview. I understood why she took this tactic to interview me, as the person chosen will need to work closely with her. My interview was on a Thursday, and I received an offer over the phone the following Tuesday. The process was VERY quick.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to learn a process quickly in your job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

A week before the scheduled interview I emailed the recruiter who set it up asking why I had not received any details about the interview. The next day I sent another email asking the same thing since I did not get a response. The recruiter finally answered that there was no interview but she would recheck to see what was really happening. At the end of the day I received a phone call from an embarrassed recruiter saying that the interview was actually on and that she was sorry for the mixup.
    The day of the interview there was a presentation of the company benefits. Then I had three separate interviews. Each was a relaxed conversational interview. Each one said that my background was exactly what they were looking for. At the end, after several remarks about my age, I was told that I was overqualified.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and worked with some contacts to get an interview. When they were ready, the interview was scheduled through a recruiter. Because I was not local, I did a phone interview with a panel consisting of members of the team that lasted 30-45 minutes. After that, all the communication was through the recruiters. I don't know if their team was overloaded, but it was often slow hearing back from them. They didn't make an offer until I informed that that I had another opportunity, at which point the recruiter seemed to be scrambling to get back to me. I was excited about it, but unfortunately you don't always get what you want.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

It kind of felt like I was constantly pulling teeth with the recruiters, and indirectly the management of the team I was applying for. I just thought, "if it's this difficult now, what's it going to be like in a year?" I decided it was probably better to let it go.

Electrical Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Originally set up a phone interview. Was asked a few questions about my resume. Lasted for about 30 minutes. I received an email a few days later inviting me to Arizona for an interview. Flew out for interview and tour of factory. Then was offered a position the last evening.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had a conflict with a team member on a project and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA (US)).

Interview

Slow and haphazard. RTN HR (at the time) was not putting its best face forward. Web based process was less than intuitive. Getting a person to speak to you was difficult, until the time they reach out an call you. Phone screened, then sat with HR rep, then two individuals...none super impressive.

Interview Questions

• Very basic knowledge questions, ones I'd have expected to be asked to a much junior person, not one with decades of experience. Made me question the depth of knowledge of the interviewer(s).   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

The interview process was done in two stages.

- After I applied, I was contacted by HR and I was told that I was being considered for the position. She then informed me that I had a "video interview" though the website HireView. During the interview, I dressed as if I was going to a face-to-face interview. The questions were the standard HR questions: weakness, strengths, where you see yourself in 5 years, etc. It also asked for you to describe work experience/projects, (which may have been unique to the individual).

- The same day, I was contacted by a manager to inform me that I was invited for a face-to-face interview. This process took about two weeks for me to know the details of the interview. Day of the interview: six interviewees were brought on site for to meet with three different managers. Before the interviews, we were given a presentation of what kind of work Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) does. This was followed with a tour of the manufacturing facility. We were brought back and the interviews started. Each interview lasted thirty minutes and was very conversational. To end the day, we were provided lunch and HR talked to us about benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes, I negotiated.

Information Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

The process started with an HR rep who verified my education and clearance.
    I spoke with the hiring manager for about a half an hour. Since I had extensive experience and a MS in the field it was simple enough for him to see I could do the job, so it was mostly "preaching to the choir" about InfoSec.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

First met with recruiters at a career fair. Had a short 30 minute interview same day with one of the recruiters. After a few weeks, was invited to a two-day hiring event. The first day was tours of Raytheon facilities and a social mixer with different department heads and recruiters. The next day was designated solely for interviews. Met with different department recruiting teams composed of two or three members. Each interview was also fairly short, and was composed primarily of behavioral based questions and interests in the specific department. Received offer after about a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you worked with a group and a member was falling behind on their portion of the work. How did you react? What could you have done better to improve the team as a whole?   Answer Question