Raytheon Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
359 interviews

2.6

Software Engineer II Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Raytheon in January 2013.

After clearing your aptitude round (which is conducted by AMCAT), you will face 3 other rounds. 1st one is data interpretation round in which you will be given test paper which you have to solve in 45 minutes. 1st interview will be completely based upon that. In 2nd interview you will be asked about your projects, some puzzles & guesstimates type of questions. Final round is HR.
    Thats it. Clear these rounds and get selected.

Interview Question – i find data interpretation round the most difficult.

Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

From Day 0 to Day n the process was outstanding. Everyone that I dealt with was extremely professional, yet confidently relaxed. I went through two phone interviews and one face-to-face interview. All were very thorough with a strong focus on the submitted resume. Additionally, the technical questions were solid yet not overwhelming.

Interview Questions
    • If confronted with a problem that you do not know how to solve, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Timing. A contract award process was taking forever and I was offered a job at another company that was closer to what I wanted to do at about the same salary.

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2010.

Contacted by talent acquisition rep who saw my resume online and thought I would be a fit. Scheduled an interview at the Tewksbury, MA location and arranged for travel, lodging, and rental car for the day the interviews would happen. The interviews were 20 minutes each with 3 people. Others were at the interview event and we all sat in the same waiting room. Received an offer 3 days later, but was fairly sure I got the job when they kept me, but not all other interviewees afterward for a presentation on benefits and relocation package.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince very senior engineers (25+ years of experience) that your idea is correct?   Answer Question
    I did not realize I could negotiate, so accepted the offer as is. However, others who were hired in the same round tried to negotiate, and did not get an increase.

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  El Segundo, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

I already had several job offers but accepted Raytheon SAS invitation for a job interview in El Segundo although I would never live in LA. They paid for air flight, and put me in a hotel in the airport area on the tenth floor, so I could admire LA smog and all year around brown clouds. I wanted to see a friend in LA; I never intended to accept potential Raytheon offer. I had 4 interviews, each about 40 minutes long. I worked for Raytheon about 10 years ago, and nothing changed. If company does not ask you any technical questions (like Raytheon), you will likely end up working with a lot of incompetent coworkers that use friendship and politics to accelerate their careers. That is exactly true about Raytheon anywhere. At Raytheon you get awarded for you inter-people skills far more than for your real contributions. Raytheon will lay people off in a heart beat. They cannot care less about their employees. Nobody asked me what I want to work on, which projects I find interesting, what would make me like my job. They claimed lots of their older employees retired, so they are now hiring aggressively. That was a lie. Raytheon's older employees accumulated lots of money in pension funds(not 401K, this is old fashion pension). During the last 5 years, these employees were offered early retirement packages, and if they did not accept them, they were laid off. Each person told me the same lie how employees just retired and would make you believe they were too old, and it was disgusting to listen to my interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • We just talked about my resume. They asked me to give an example of which features to use in order to detect tanks in SAR images. They just want to know if you had some pre knowledge. 99% of time it was just chatting. I was asked about experience on my resume, my hobbies, why I want to move from the east coast to the west, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

Was screened during a college career fair. Contacted for interview 1 month later. Interview scheduled about a month later. Interviewed in May 2014.

The interviewer was late, and did not remember my name. I was then taken to a conference room, where I was screened by one of their newer employees. Totally unprofessional in their demeanor - asking me questions that an undergraduate would know even though I had a PhD. Still, I answered them fine. Several more 1 on 1 interviews, then taken to cafeteria to eat lunch with team. i was made to wait nearly 30 minutes in line while the hiring manager got fish tacos. Upon sitting down, it turned into somewhat of an attack session by several of the other engineers.

After that, I was literally whisked away by two engineers, and not given the opportunity to thank the hiring manager for the interview, even though I asked to do so.

Financial Analyst II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

Postings on internal site come up frequently. The problem is HRs filtering process. When selected it can take upwards of 3 weeks to get in for an interview. Upon receiving an offer the HR team is quite aggressive about labeling it 'a fair offer' and can get notably agitated when you counter or comment.

Financial Analyst I Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Raytheon.

Got called into a mixer to meet managers and other candidates, than got called to a private interview a week later. It was very easy going. Not to technical, but needed to prove the competency level of the job. Lasted 1 hour. Discuss about experience relevant to the job and show enthusiasm and you should be good.

Senior Test Engineer I Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Raytheon.

The hiring manager called me to set up a interview about two to three weeks after I applied for the position. The interview was conducted with three other candidates and we one at a time met with four different employees within the department. Each employee had a different job title so I was asked many different questions and it wasn't all technical. Most of the questions were about my past experience and education, other questions were about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question for me was when they asked where I saw myself 5 years from now. For me this was difficult for me because I had just graduated and didn't really know what I really wanted.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer I Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2012.

I was initially contacted via phone after applied. Then direct in-person interview with only a 3 people. They rate all candidates from 1-5 for 5 questions. It took a couple weeks for them to get all the paperwork and drug test

Quality Assurance Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Paso, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2011.

First an application is filled out on line, you also upload a copy of your resume. You then do a job search to see what is available. When you find a job you like you submit your application to the job.It can take sometime for you to get a call to set up an interview. It is required that a minimum number of interviews be conducted be for someone is selected. After being selected it can take about a week to get a letter of offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!