Raytheon

Updated 25 Jan 2015
Updated 25 Jan 2015

2.6

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon in January 2013.

After clearing your aptitude round (which is conducted by AMCAT), you will face 3 other rounds. 1st one is data interpretation round in which you will be given test paper which you have to solve in 45 minutes. 1st interview will be completely based upon that. In 2nd interview you will be asked about your projects, some puzzles & guesstimates type of questions. Final round is HR.
    Thats it. Clear these rounds and get selected.

Interview Question – i find data interpretation round the most difficult.

Business Development Program Interview

On campus interview with two campus recruiters. They asked mostly behavioral questions that were focused on past internship experiences. My interviewers did not ask anything about extracurricular activities. The interview was pretty relaxed and I had a lot of opportunity to talk about school projects and personal accomplishments.

Interview Questions
    • What area of our company would you most want to work for?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

STAR Method with Hiring Manager and not HR Person. The hiring manager was quite pleasant and could relate. Made me want to work in their team. Explained about the company and the campus.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

Very standard interview process: First I was contacted by HR to setup a phone interview (teleconference) with site and staffing managers. They started off with the job description and followed up with personality questions. They also asked about specific experiences that directly related to the position - which were considerably more important. Lasted about 45 minutes. Followed up the next week and got the position.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions are very specific to the position (which you should be comfortable answering if you have experience).   Answer Question

Supply Chain Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Raytheon.

One phone interview that led to an in-person interview. In-person was very friendly, and questions required some working knowledge of supply chain as well as financial understanding. Overall, great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Any of the questions having to do with the engineering side of the company I was uncertain of how to respond.   Answer Question

Other options available.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Applied online and waited at least a month before hearing anything. Received an initial call from a software manager to gauge my interest in the position and perform the phone screen. He was very friendly and the phone screen looked for general programming experience and some basic VxWorks knowledge. About 2 hours after the phone screen, I received a call that they wanted to bring me in for an interview the next week. I was out of town so they gave me a number to call and set up travel arrangements - which was very quick and easy to use. The in-person interview consisted of about 3 45 minute 2 on 1 interview sessions. They again tested for basic programming and VxWorks knowledge. They had me talk a little about my previous experiences and things I learned. I felt they mostly were interested in my VxWorks skills and the personality fit. Everyone was very friendly throughout the day. I returned home and received a call within a few days informing me that they were putting together an offer and I would finish the process with HR.

Interview Questions
    • What would you use to see the status of all tasks in VxWorks? How do you suspend a task in VxWorks?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate but I probably should have tried.

Program Control Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

There is effective process in getting the application and location information to the potential candidate. However, with any large company it is possible to receive multiple sources that are seeking your application but is not located locally so it can be confusing about who you should actually rely on for contacting for final scheduling.

You can only get a good interview if you have a good interviewer who is genuinely interested in asking questions that allow each party to exchange enough information that you can each discern if it a good fit.

Principal Electrical Engineer Interview

Required to go thru RAYJOBS on-line with Resume and a cover letter. This is filtered by HR first. Then Phone interview after that bring in to interview at a job fair.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions were asked but my interview was many years ago and was really with Hughes Aircraft Co. which then merged with Raytheon.   Answer Question

Engineering Fellow Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

Straightforward interview. Provided a presentation of my career including several research efforts I lead. Unfortunately, never any follow up (even months later when their own HR person tried to sort things out).

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

The process starts with a phone call where they go over the details of your resume, if they like you you are then invited to come to their campus for a few hours of interviews. I had three interviews that day, which were 70% about my project and internship experience and the rest behavioral. They got back to me within 3 days with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Did ask some basic programming questions, ex. Have you ever used UML?   View Answer
    Currently in the negotiation phase