Raytheon

358 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II

I applied online - interviewed at Raytheon in January 2013.

Interview Details After clearing your aptitude round (which is conducted by AMCAT), you will face 3 other rounds. 1st one is data interpretation round in which you will be given test paper which you have to solve in 45 minutes. 1st interview will be completely based upon that. In 2nd interview you will be asked about your projects, some puzzles & guesstimates type of questions. Final round is HR.
Thats it. Clear these rounds and get selected.

Interview Question – i find data interpretation round the most difficult.

Interview Question – i find data interpretation round the most difficult   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Senior Systems Engineer I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2010.

Interview Details Contacted by talent acquisition rep who saw my resume online and thought I would be a fit. Scheduled an interview at the Tewksbury, MA location and arranged for travel, lodging, and rental car for the day the interviews would happen. The interviews were 20 minutes each with 3 people. Others were at the interview event and we all sat in the same waiting room. Received an offer 3 days later, but was fairly sure I got the job when they kept me, but not all other interviewees afterward for a presentation on benefits and relocation package.

Interview Question – How would you convince very senior engineers (25+ years of experience) that your idea is correct?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not realize I could negotiate, so accepted the offer as is. However, others who were hired in the same round tried to negotiate, and did not get an increase.

Very Easy Interview

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Principal Systems Engineer
El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details I already had several job offers but accepted Raytheon SAS invitation for a job interview in El Segundo although I would never live in LA. They paid for air flight, and put me in a hotel in the airport area on the tenth floor, so I could admire LA smog and all year around brown clouds. I wanted to see a friend in LA; I never intended to accept potential Raytheon offer. I had 4 interviews, each about 40 minutes long. I worked for Raytheon about 10 years ago, and nothing changed. If company does not ask you any technical questions (like Raytheon), you will likely end up working with a lot of incompetent coworkers that use friendship and politics to accelerate their careers. That is exactly true about Raytheon anywhere. At Raytheon you get awarded for you inter-people skills far more than for your real contributions. Raytheon will lay people off in a heart beat. They cannot care less about their employees. Nobody asked me what I want to work on, which projects I find interesting, what would make me like my job. They claimed lots of their older employees retired, so they are now hiring aggressively. That was a lie. Raytheon's older employees accumulated lots of money in pension funds(not 401K, this is old fashion pension). During the last 5 years, these employees were offered early retirement packages, and if they did not accept them, they were laid off. Each person told me the same lie how employees just retired and would make you believe they were too old, and it was disgusting to listen to my interviewers.

Interview Question – We just talked about my resume. They asked me to give an example of which features to use in order to detect tanks in SAR images. They just want to know if you had some pre knowledge. 99% of time it was just chatting. I was asked about experience on my resume, my hobbies, why I want to move from the east coast to the west, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Senior Systems Engineer I
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

Interview Details Was screened during a college career fair. Contacted for interview 1 month later. Interview scheduled about a month later. Interviewed in May 2014.

The interviewer was late, and did not remember my name. I was then taken to a conference room, where I was screened by one of their newer employees. Totally unprofessional in their demeanor - asking me questions that an undergraduate would know even though I had a PhD. Still, I answered them fine. Several more 1 on 1 interviews, then taken to cafeteria to eat lunch with team. i was made to wait nearly 30 minutes in line while the hiring manager got fish tacos. Upon sitting down, it turned into somewhat of an attack session by several of the other engineers.

After that, I was literally whisked away by two engineers, and not given the opportunity to thank the hiring manager for the interview, even though I asked to do so.

Interview Question – None out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst II Interview

Financial Analyst II

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details Postings on internal site come up frequently. The problem is HRs filtering process. When selected it can take upwards of 3 weeks to get in for an interview. Upon receiving an offer the HR team is quite aggressive about labeling it 'a fair offer' and can get notably agitated when you counter or comment.

Interview Question – Earned Value Management processes
FAR and DFAR clauses
  Answer Question

Financial Analyst I Interview

Financial Analyst I

I applied online and interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details Got called into a mixer to meet managers and other candidates, than got called to a private interview a week later. It was very easy going. Not to technical, but needed to prove the competency level of the job. Lasted 1 hour. Discuss about experience relevant to the job and show enthusiasm and you should be good.

Interview Question – Give examples of when you had to speak publically.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer I Interview

Senior Software Engineer I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2012.

Interview Details I was initially contacted via phone after applied. Then direct in-person interview with only a 3 people. They rate all candidates from 1-5 for 5 questions. It took a couple weeks for them to get all the paperwork and drug test

Interview Question – Can you code in Ada?   Answer Question

Senior Test Engineer I Interview

Senior Test Engineer I

I applied online and interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details The hiring manager called me to set up a interview about two to three weeks after I applied for the position. The interview was conducted with three other candidates and we one at a time met with four different employees within the department. Each employee had a different job title so I was asked many different questions and it wasn't all technical. Most of the questions were about my past experience and education, other questions were about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – The most challenging question for me was when they asked where I saw myself 5 years from now. For me this was difficult for me because I had just graduated and didn't really know what I really wanted.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dulles, VA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2014.

Interview Details I was first contacted by HR on June 5th and interviewed on June 11. I received a Letter of Intent on June 20, an offer on July 3 and was supposed to start on July 14, but a last minute glitch would have delayed that a week. A rather long process.

It could have been even longer as I pushed for a response from Raytheon after I received another job offer. Also, the day before I was supposed to start work their nurse contacted me and wanted a physician report before she would clear me for work. I had broken my wrist eight months earlier and hurt my knee in the fall, so the nurse wanted to confirm I could walk and type! Raytheon's medical group had taken a week to process my medical form, so by the time I could arrange to meet with a doctor and have Raytheon process the doctor's response it might have added a week delay to my start date.

When you accept an offer from Raytheon, you're given many different forms to fill out. You're also directed to more than 16 internal documents to read that describes work policies. One document listed another document that you were to bring with you on the first day, but didn't provide a link to the document. However, I found it in their online document library. I carefully read this document but could not agree to signing it. Here's the clause in their "Employee Agreement - Proprietary Information, Inventions and Other Intellectual Property" document that concerned me:

"2.10 Employee hereby grants Raytheon the right to use, reproduce and to authorize others to use and reproduce his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and the like as Raytheon may deem appropriate."

There doesn't appear to be a time limit as to when they can use your name and other information. Also, they don't have to ask your permission or inform you when they use that information. I assume they're requiring this because they want to use your personal/professional information to market any ideas/patents/copyrights you develop as an employee. I'm a nobody, but I'm a somebody and I don't want my name and other information used without my consent or knowledge.

The other issue/concern I had related to the medical information they require before you start. They require completion of a 4-page medical form that asks about your visual, hearing and speech abilities, physical impairments, blood pressure, chest problems, allergies, chemical intolerances, occupational injuries, immune system deficiencies, medications and vaccines. They want the dates you had illnesses such as Measles, Mumps, Small Pox, Typhoid, BCG, tuberculosis skin test, etc. The last time I supplied that much information was for an insurance application.

They take the answers on this form seriously, and as I mentioned earlier, a broken wrist 8 months earlier concerned them. If I needed to use a cane or was old and had bad knees, I'm not sure I would have qualified for the job. If they're willing to hire people who are not able-bodied, they must be defining disabilities pretty narrowly.

I had been looking forward to working with the people I met during my interview. But Raytheon's paperwork and policies raised red flags. I feel it has a lot to say about how Raytheon treats it's people.

Interview Question – They did ask me examples where I lead teams and it wasn't something that was mentioned in the job description. So it was unexpected, but a good thing.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unwilling to sign a document that stated: "Employee hereby grants Raytheon the right to use, reproduce and to authorize others to use and reproduce his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and the like as Raytheon may deem appropriate." Also, Raytheon required me to get doctor's ok that I could type and walk given that I had fell 8 months prior and broke my wrist and hurt my knee. I can type - I had produced and publicly published code during that time and had no problem walking during the interview, but I would have had to pay a doctor to confirm it and not get paid while I waited for the Raytheon nurse to review the doctors notes. It took a week for the initial review of my medical record, so I'm assuming that would be another week without pay.

I liked the people I met and was looking forward to the work and working with them. But I would have been a Raytheon employee and subject to their policies and the way they treat people.

Quality Assurance Engineer I Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer I
El Paso, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2011.

Interview Details First an application is filled out on line, you also upload a copy of your resume. You then do a job search to see what is available. When you find a job you like you submit your application to the job.It can take sometime for you to get a call to set up an interview. It is required that a minimum number of interviews be conducted be for someone is selected. After being selected it can take about a week to get a letter of offer.

Interview Question – What made you decide you wanted to work here?   Answer Question

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!