Raytheon

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Andover, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details Received phone call from a Raytheon recruiter to schedule a time for phone interview. Had a one hour phone interview with 3 employees including the manager and two senior leads of the department. Week after phone interview recruiter called back and told me I did great and scheduled an in person interview. The in person group interview lasted two hours and consisted of the same manager and senior lead along with another employee. After a couple weeks got an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Advice: always negotiate.

Aurora, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Raytheon in October 2011.

Interview Details Interviewed for Sys Admin position. Consisted of behavioral interviews and Technical interview.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Had multiple offers and chose another company.

Systems Administrator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in October 2011.

Interview Details An admin asst calls me on Friday to set the interview time and agrees to 1pm (she already set it) but says I need to wait for her to get back to me because she has only been able to contact and get confirmation from 4 of 5 managers. She said I should hear from her Monday morning. Monday morning rolls around,- 10am I hear nothing so I call her and leave a voicemail, I also send her an email. Forty-five minutes before the supposedly scheduled interview, I called her again and get voice mail. No contact from her whatsoever. I figure that I have to wait until she contacts me and that the interview has been postponed (since I still have no idea with whom I'm supposed to interview and no idea of the location to interview). Now it's 1pm and guess what? The hiring manager calls me to ask me why I haven't shown for the interview and that 2 managers are waiting to interview me. I explain what has happened and she then says she will have them do a phone screen (going from an in person to a phone screen--not good). Each of them asks me 4 questions and then says they have what they need. I was extremely well qualified based on the job req. Within an hour I was rejected. The admin finally responded to me saying that at least I got a phone interview. When I explained to her that I was upset that I missed an opportunity because of her foulup she says there was a recruiter involved (no there wasn't) which she copied in on the email. The recruiter never responded. The whole process was totally messed up from the start.

Interview Question – Weren't you supposed to be here for an in person interview?   View Answer

Systems Administrator

The process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2010.

Interview Details Received a phone interview from the hiring manager and one of his employees. The hiring manager and employee asked a couple of simple IT questions regarding Active Directory. The hiring manager then asked about actual experience with servers and different software packages. Interview lasted a total of 15-20 minutes. Never received a call back from the hiring manager so obviously they were not interested.

Interview Question – Some random questions about Active Directory.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Raytheon

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Raytheon Videos

Raytheon – Why Work for Us?

Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people and technology Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon Systems Administrator interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees and interview candidates.