Red Lobster Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.2

Hostess Interview

Interview

I called a few times before the hiring manager was ever there to pick up the phone. Then once I got there I told them I was there for an interview, and I waited until they where ready. I dressed to impress. We went over to a table and started the interview process.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Short and sweet, they really needed cooks during this time. I could tell because they were already thinking of where I could be working at already. It was a little harder to meet with the GM but I eventually did. I was a little intimidated, but all was well.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: do you have any experience, are you comfortable cooking, are you in school, etc.   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Tampa, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

After aplying online (taking an assessment test), got an e-mail to call to schedule an interview within 48 hours- met with manager of the service dept, and then made a 2nd interview with the restaurant manager.

Interview Questions

• I met with the Manager and was asked questions on how to take care of an upset customer, also why Red Lobster, Availability, why I was looking for a job.   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Lobster (Charleston, SC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I meet the Do in a restaurant during Lunch we spoke for a couple of hours .. Causal and Candid conversation about the restaurant business. My expectations and his.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I got an email (not a phone call) to call and set up an interview. I went in and first interviewed with the front of house manager and then I had an interview with the General Manager. It lasted a total of maybe an hour or so and they didn't ask many difficult questions. They mostly just asked about my experience and what I believe is team work and whatnot.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Easy Application, scheduled an interview for next Monday, nailed interview, was told that i'd get a second interview with GM, got an email saying they don't want to hire me anymore, I called and asked what happened and the position was already filled before I was even interviewed.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Mesa, AZ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was nice, sit down and talked before interview started. Basic question that are easy to answer if you had some practice. They make you feel comfortable, and i talked with some hostesses already working, and they reassured me that i would get the job. I prepared before and it helped a lots.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you?
      How much are you expecting to make a week?
      Why red lobster?

Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in March 2015.

Interview

Very simple process. I was say down in the dining room, asked a few simple questions and was passed onto the next manager for second interview which was very similar to the first.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is hospitality to you?
      How would you handle a dispute between you and/or a customer?
      What is service to you?

Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Lobster (Independence, MO (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Sent resume to two locations and got a call the next day from the first one. The manager Sid she was looking at my resume and was very interested and she was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is great hospitality?   1 Answer
    • What is the most important thing about a restaurant?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

It was concise and straight to the point. Asked the hard hitting questions and allowed me time to ask my own questions to get a better feel for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was my weakest skill and what plan do I have in place to develop that skill.   Answer Question