RetailMeNot Interview Questions & Reviews

32 interviews

3.1

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Only got as far as a screening call from the HR person. She was fairly abrupt and not super friendly. They were looking for someone with very specific management experience (having managed a team of 8+) and she ended the interview immediately once realizing I didn't hit the 8 number. I appreciate being clear on the need for the role, but I also think from a relationship standpoint, and for future hiring, they'd want to learn about their candidates and maintain a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions at this phase of the process.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at RetailMeNot in September 2013.

I applied for a merchandising position, but was a better fit for the a different position. I was contacted by a recruiter, then had a two 1:1 phone interviews that lasted between 30 minutes to an hour with the director of my dept. and my hiring manager that were more a a "get to know you" chat than an actual interview. I was flown out for a round of interviews with 5 people that lasted about 30 minutes a piece.

Interview Questions
    • Very technical, questions about your skill level in Excel, SQL, and any other databases you are familiar with   Answer Question
    I took the initial salary because it was more than I was making at my last job

Quality Engineer I Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RetailMeNot.

First I had a phone screening and was asked questions about how web works. HTTP commands, DOM, SQL and other basic tech questions. Was also asked some basic behavior questions and questions relating to my resume. After the phone screening I was asked to come in and do an on site interview.

Interview schedule was sent to me and had a series of 1 on 1 interviews. Was asked similar questions which were basically trying to gauge my general testing strategy. Each member of the team had a different question for me that related to testing. "How would you test X?" They looked for my priorities and general strategy. Some questioned why I prioritized certain aspects of the object/app and I was expected to explain it.

Interview Questions
    • Case Question: How would you test a vending machine?   View Answer

Client Services Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RetailMeNot.

The interviews themselves were not too challenging. The communication from the hiring managers, however, was very terrible. There was an extreme lack of communication early on and throughout the process. Hiring Managers (or whatever the job title) should be very responsible regarding feedback and next steps. At RetailMeNot though, they don't seem to be doing there job very well. I ultimately gave up on the interviewing process because of the extreme lack of professionalism and wouldn't recommend this place to anyone in my network.

Intern Interview

It was a phone interview after I met an engineer at a fair on campus. The question had to do with sorting through a array of deals to determine the most commonly used words.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RetailMeNot in April 2014.

The company contacted me via linked in and i responded. I got a call with an HR rep within the week, who then set up 2 calls with a manager and director. Both calls were pleasant. They wanted to get to know me but also asked questions relevant to the position. After the calls i was sent 2 assessments/case studies to complete. I emailed those to them and within a few days they reached out to me about going to the office for an in person interview. I'm from out of state so they flew me out the week after and got me a hotel, all compensated, as well reimbursement for food and taxis. The office was amazing, walked to the receptionist/barista and waited to interview with 4 separate people (4+ hours total), including each member i would work with, a director and a VP. All interviews went well, no real difficult questions. They were all related to the position. After i flew back i got a call the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • If you only had $200 to spend a few days before x-mas and you haven't gotten any gifts for your loved ones. What do you do?   Answer Question
    They offered more than i currently make, so there was no opportunity to negotiate. I even asked, but they reiterated that the benefits were 2nd to none, which is completely true. They even helped with relocation and were flexible with start dates

Partner Manager Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at RetailMeNot.

1) Initial phone screening with a recruiter
    2) Additional phone screening with a director
    3) On-site interview consisted of 4 interviews and a data test
    4) 2 follow-up phone interviews

Very nice and respectful interviewers with a lot of knowledge. A large component of the process was to determine cultural fit. The on-site interview included a tour and overview of benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of questions to gauge my comfort level with raw data.   Answer Question

Senior Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RetailMeNot in January 2014.

Initial phone screen with HR (30 min) who was rather curt and rude. It didn't seem like she read my resume at all before calling me and acted uninterested the whole time we talked.

Surprisingly, I was passed on to the hiring manager for a 45 minute phone interview. Lots of questions about my online experience, some basic case questions on how to differentiate a good vs. bad coupon, some ad hoc math questions (% off vs. $ off). At the end of the conversation, he said HR would reach out to me to complete some case questions but never actually heard from them again. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • How would you determine whether a coupon is a good deal?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at RetailMeNot.

After giving them my resume I had an initial on-campus interview. Once I passed that they invited me to their main headquarters in Austin, TX. There I had 4 separate interviews each lasting around an hour. All 4 of these interviews were technical, covering topics in basic data structures. I believe I was asked a question on networking as well.

Interview Questions
    • Given a binary tree, design an algorithm that does a level order traversal of the tree, where each level is printed out in the reverse order as the previous level.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at RetailMeNot in February 2014.

Started off with a few simple questions, abstract data types etc. Nothing extremely tricky, or things you would necessarily be able to prepare in advance. Standard "do you know your stuff" questions. We moved to a whiteboard afterwards, where there was a function prototype written and the rest of the function to be written. It wasn't a very hard question, totally do-able if you've taken your core CS classes.

Interview Questions
    • I came into the whiteboard coding question totally unprepared. It wasn't a very difficult problem but I wasn't ready for it.   Answer Question

Worked for RetailMeNot? Contribute to the Community!