Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

3.1

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Really long and tough, not the best at keeping you informed and sometimes hard to see where it was going. Basically there was a phone interview, online math and aptitude tests which were long and difficult. Then there was an in person interview and a skype interview that were about an hour or more each with a lot of sincere questions - they expected me to have a lot of questions as well. Then there was a proctored math test to ensure I was not using a calculator and it was very similar and had some of the same questions as the last exam - still tough and long. It took about two months and it was so annoying, but if it's something you really want it is definitely worth following through.

Interview Questions

• I saw on google that you have done reports on (insert blank here). Tell me about it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2015.

Interview

Received an email from HR to schedule an on campus aptitude test. Once the date for testing is confirmed I was asked to complete an online assessment and application.

The at home took about an hour and the on campus test took another hour. Received an email saying they will not continue with the process. Guess I didn't "pass" the test.

The whole process is a huge waste of my time and I was not even asked for an phone interview.

Interview Questions

• the aptitude test has 3 sections, pattern recognition, shape/IQ test and applied algebra   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Applied through school, then received link to take online assessment. Do not take this assessment if you don't have the time or the attention at that moment. It was very lengthy and required a lot of brain power to complete.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I responded to their online job listing with my resume. I received a message back asking that I come in for testing and a possible interview. They sent along some peculiar tests for me to do at home that included psych evals and IQ testing. The whole process took a couple hours and I ended up not getting asked to stay for an interview. From what I can tell they have a very particular type of personality they want for their company. I received word back a little while after that day that they were going with different options. All in all I would consider the entire experience a waste of time. I had put together a tailored resume with relevant school/intern experience but did not speak with one person. It was not until I came on here afterwards that I realized that is their method. Let the computers do all of the evaluations for you. Applicants end up spending a day preparing and performing tests only to get dismissed in seconds. I doubt they even looked at my resume...

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH (US)).

Interview

I applied online and received an email letting me know they wanted me to come in for testing/possible interview. There were preliminary psych evaluations, "ethics" tests, and IQ tests I had to take before showing up that required a little less than two hours to complete. When I showed up I had to go through more tests! They were much of the same (IQ and personality tests). Mind you I have not spoken to anyone up to this point. Well, I finish up and they tell me to wait out in the lobby, which I figured was a good sign since others were not asked to do so. Well, I go in for an interview with a girl who tells me the position I applied for was already filled and that I could apply for another one...okaaaaaay that sort of thing shouldn't happen. Well I guess their extensive computer testing is like the sorting hat from Hogwartz so who am I to question it? Well I went through a few more interviews after her that were a surprising contrast to the rigidity of the previous portion of the interview process. Mind you, I got a lot of the usual questions so if you go in there well prepared you should be fine as they really were quite personable. Oddly enough, one of the earliest questions I was asked by the first interviewer was about salary range. I didn't know anything about the job itself and yet I was supposed to answer this question! I ended up giving my expected salary, which is at the lower end of the range I found online, and she said the job was at a lower salary (A LOT less). I had come this far so I figured go on. I guess as part of the formal interview you have to fill out the long form application. This is where things got really weird. I was asked questions about smoking, indirect questions about my marital status, and direct questions about my parents...the whole thing felt really uncomfortable as NONE of that has anything to do with my ability to do the job for which I had not even applied for in the first place. Well, I was there so I answered them and was administered an oral drug test right then and there. A few weeks later I received an offer for about twenty percent less than my lowest expected salary range and I tell you what I did my research on that end so what gives?

Interview Questions

• What was your parents' education level/occupation?   1 Answer
    • Do you smoke?   1 Answer
    • What would your spouse have to say about your career something or another?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the company through a campus career website. Seems like an interesting opportunity. They contacted me back asking me to take a personality test which took a little over an hour. The test had a lot of different things on it which I felt were completely irrelevant to the position.

Later I got a call from one of their recruiters and had a phone interview with her. She was very nice and professional. At the end of the interview, she suggested that I look into a consultant position that they had, so I switched to that. From there I had a skype interview. Afterwards, she sent me a long form application, a background check form, and an ethics test to complete. I am still in the interviewing process but am supposed to meet with the hiring manager now.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is an experience that impacted you the most out of your college career?
      Q: What salary were you expecting to get?

2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Phone interview with the only key question being "are you a smoker?" as they have a very strict no smoking policy. I was then sent links to personality and aptitude tests. Personality test focused a lot on attitude to drugs, management and whether you are outgoing. Aptitude test was vocabulary, pattern seeking and numeracy.

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2015.

Interview

They gave you a link and ask you to take tests including personal assessment and mathematical evaluations. It took about 2 hours to finish all the questions. Kind of boring. All applicants at Reynolds and Reynolds must complete our pre-employment testing. The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections. All questions are multiple choice.

Interview Questions

• Mental Acuity – 15 minutes
      Business Terms/Memory Recall – 5 minutes
      Vocabulary – 4 minutes
      Perception – 3 minutes
      Mechanical Interest – not timed
      Personality – not timed

In a certain company, 30 percent of the men and 20 percent of the women attend night school. If 40 percent of all employees are men, what percent of all the employees attend night school?

2 Answers

IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email saying that the company was interested in me. They required me to fill out an application, take a personality test, and then an aptitude test. The whole process took 3 hours for me. I was then scheduled for a Skype interview and I was told if they are further interested in me, there will be another interview after that. A week later, I was thanked for applying for Reynolds and Reynolds.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

When I came into the interview, I was put into a small room and had to take a 15-20 minute test. It consisted of logic puzzles and algebra questions. Nothing to do with the position I was applying for. Afterwards, I had a Skype interview with a recruiter in a different city.