Reynolds and Reynolds

331 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

Software Implementation Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details I did all of their interview process in one day. I was at their building for over 5 hours for 3 rounds of interviews. You have to take a test before they will even interview you. It is basically an IQ test. As if passing college wasn't proof enough that you are intelligent. But after that you interview with an HR rep who basically just makes sure you answer the standard HR questions correctly, the division manager, and finally the VP. The VP is very nice, just very quiet during the interview. At the end you take a drug test. If they drug test you, expect an offer. If they don't, you probably won't get one.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but you definitely can and should. They typically don't pay well.

Developer/Analyst Interview

Developer/Analyst
Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process is not according to the position.
Everybody is asked to give an aptitude test rather than conducting a technical interview for a Software developer.
For Every position candidate has to go through this examination whether its sales position, marketing or technical.
My hiring process was started with a link to create an account and complete a short duration aptitude test , once I submitted test the asked me to get to the location for an Interview with desired date and location.
On location they asked me to go in the lab and start a test which was again an aptitude test similar to last one. Though It has more questions and needs to be completed within an hour.

Interview Question – All Image Solving Aptitude questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview Details I first got an email that they were impressed by some of my background on my resume and asked if I could make a visit to the office. It's kind of a waste of time cuz they will ask you to drive all the way to dayton and take a test.

Interview Question – There's no question at all. They just schedule people to take several tests on their computers   Answer Question

Marketing Graphic Designer Interview

Marketing Graphic Designer

Interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds

Interview Details After submitting my application, I received an email back saying:

"After reviewing your qualifications, we are interested in proceeding with you to the next steps in our process which are outlined below."

I was given their "Application, Personality and Aptitude Assessment". I took this test with no concerns, knowing I have taken this test multiple times previously, and aced it each time (including the Military ASVAB, on which I scored 95, qualifying me for every and any military position). I completed the test knowing for sure I did very well on it.

Then I received an email 2 weeks later saying that I was no longer being considered. What this meant to me is: THEY DO NOT PRE-SCREEN YOUR QUALIFICATIONS PRIOR TO GIVING YOU THE TEST. The only thing that could have disqualified me is my resume, meaning they put me through a 2 hour test without first looking at my resume.

Take the test if you want, but just know that it's part of the job application and that you haven't yet passed any benchmarks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2014.

Interview Details The entire process was pretty long. It started out with me applying, an email later sent to complete an assessment that took a considerable amount of time that was actually somewhat difficult. The amount of time they give you really doesn't allow you to complete the questions that they provided.

Interview Question – Normal interview questions   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

Interview Details As you'll read time and time again, their interview process is intense. I applied for about 6 positions within the company, they contacted me within a week via email. After scheduling my proctored exam on campus, I was asked to take a series of assessments. They differ based on the position they are looking at you for. Mine included a morals questionnaire, asked a lot about stealing and smoking pot, so, if you are a klepto or pot-head, need not apply. I also has a number identification test, a lot of word problems. Most of them are timed. I had to take the morals exam over again because I had too many middle ground answers, but it didn't affect me moving forward.
The assessment on campus is NOT WRITTEN TO BE COMPLETED. Do yourself a favor and STUDY. I spend about an hour the night before working through algebra problems. It wasn't so much so I would get answers correct, it was to help me feel more prepared walking in so I could think clearly.
After I completed the hour long assessment, I was asked to wait for about 20 minutes to talk with a recruiter. It really does depend on their availability as to whether they talk with you that day or not.
Recruiter was nice, about mid-20's. I would recommend bringing a resume, I had submitted mine online but she didn't seem to have it with her. She really cared mostly about how I work best and what sort of environment I thrive is.
In the end, they said I would be a better fit for a position they don't have at the moment and they would keep my resume on file. When they say it, they mean it. A friend of mine applied for one position, took the assessment, they said he would be better for something else and they called and interviewed him a few months later.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the order in the meeting with recruiter, the moral's exam felt like it asked about a lot of gray areas but wanted someone very black and white.   Answer Question

RSS Interview

RSS
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2010.

Interview Details The process is extensive, but there's a reason. They tend to hire younger people and train them rather than more experienced people. As a result, they provide a paid 6 month training program before you ever hit the field to visit customers, plus they give you a company car, laptop, iPad, and iPhone, all paid for. That's obviously a huge investment, so they need to make sure each candidate is a perfect fit before making a offer.

Interview Question – None. The hardest part is the aptitude test. It measures your ability to learn quickly. They sell hundreds of software packages, and we need to know them all. So the training can be overwhelming to someone not prepared. So this test tries to measure who will be able to keep up before you ever start.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate, but usually only one counter offer will go back and forth. They won't haggle with you over and over. After the second offer if you don't accept, they might pass.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process starts with a call then a long assessment test that had nothing to do with your job. Everyone takes this test, it was like a small scale SAT type question test that is timed. It was not hard but annoying and long. you take this test before you even get to sit and talk to a person.

Interview Question – Insert stupid problem solving question here.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

Interview Details They make you take an exam prior to walking in, which was a waste of time. Then arriving there you have to take another 45 minute exam that consists of all the stuff you learned in high school. I didn't think it was necessary since the internship position had nothing to do with the exams. You then get interviewed with a recruiter and if they like you they give you a position upfront and if they don't they will contact you in a few days for rejection

Interview Question – They make you take an exam prior to walking in, which was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Market Researcher Interview

Market Researcher
Kettering, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2014.

Interview Details According to the two hiring managers that I spoke to, R&R relies almost entirely on an entrance test. I was told that R&R had recently (within the last year or two... it's 2014 right now) been acquired by another company from Texas, and this was their practice. According to my two separate interviewers, only 7% of those that take this test receive a passing grade. The test is PC-based, timed, and is comprised of three sections: 1) image pattern recognition, 2) numerical pattern recognition, and 3) mathematical (algebra) and word problems.

I completed the first section with one minute to spare. The second section timed out while I had still left about 5% of that section unanswered. The third section (algebra and word problems), I was only able to complete about half of the questions and I left the other half of the section unanswered.

Somehow, I still ended up in that 7% (according to R&R's HR interviewer and the two hiring managers that I spoke with). The actual interviews with the hiring managers were laid back and engaging, but they required someone with a thorough understanding of the technical and legal side of the basis of a particular new project.

They are also very VERY against tobacco-users and I am guessing that they would have administered a drug test, but they didn't offer the position to me.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions after the entrance test.   Answer Question

Worked for Reynolds and Reynolds? Contribute to the Community!