Rim Hospitality

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rim Hospitality in July 2011.

Interview Details I applied online and was called for an interview with the regional manager. The position was for sales manager at their Modesto property. The interview was average in length and pretty normal.

Interview Question – Sell me a hotel room at the Modesto Courtyard.   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Rim Hospitality in March 2013.

Interview Details Two interviews. One with AGM, one With GM a few days later. Hired next day after 2nd interview. Was called into an interview within two hours of submitting resume. Very thorough and detailed. Both interviews took at least 45 minutes each.
Interviewers seemed professional and interested. Very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – The standard questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted a job in this field. I wanted the job here. So I took what they offered without negotiation.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

I applied online and interviewed at Rim Hospitality.

Interview Details Applied online, was called several days later to set up an interview.
One-on-one interview with the manager of the hotel.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you failed to resolve a customer's issue, and why.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rim Hospitality.

Interview Details After asking an industry friend if the company was hiring, I immediately received a call to set up an interview within two days. I met with property management and 7-days later met with our regional management after completing a personality test online (2 hours). I later met with upper corporate officers after my offer letter was signed. Throughout the entire process, everyone was warm, open, professional and friendly.

Interview Question – What's the difference between a leader & a manager?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They were very upfront about what the pay was, how it was broken down & what was expected in exchange.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

The process took a day - interviewed at Rim Hospitality in May 2010.

Interview Details Applied to the software developer position through the company website. The HR called after one month after I applied to set up a phone interview with the technical recruitment person. The phone interview lasted about twenty minutes. It was basically questions about the resume, past experience, how good I am in my programming skills.. waiting for call for next round interview..

Interview Question – How good am I at C, Unix?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Trainer
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Rim Hospitality in May 2010.

Interview Details Phone Interview - Very detailed and asked situational questions. Be very detailed with your answers and provide specific exampled. Phone interview takes about an hour. Be prepared to talk about what you are doing to develop yourself professionally and eprsonally. That caught me off guard. Also be very prepared to rpesent a training presentation in your face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you are doing to develop yourself personally and profssionally.   View Answer
  • Give specific examples of how you impacted training performance.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Travel 75% and I have a small child

User Experience Interview

User Experience

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rim Hospitality in March 2010.

Interview Details Applied to the position online via the RIM website.

So far just the phone interview that the RIM HR rep conducts asking for a walk through of the resume. As you talk, they type, they don't ask too many questions,did ask some questions specific to posted position ie have you done marketing plans etc, and any other things that may stand out on the resume ie. they asked about my educational background.

Interview Question – It was a preliminary phone interview, there were not any unexpected questions. They did ask if I had interviewed with RIM before and I had (for a different role), and answered as such.   Answer Question

Worked for Rim Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!