Ritz-Carlton

63 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Guest Services Agent Interview

Guest Services Agent

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview Details There will be an online Assessment where you need to type out the answers, which you need to provide your job experience and reason for applying the job, then first round of interview with the HR Manager, followed by interview with the Front Office Manager

Interview Question – Assessment question where you have to provide scenarios for each situation   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

Loss Prevention

I applied online and interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview Details I got a email saying I was selected to be interviewed for the position. Given the fact that I was overseas and all flights were booked, I had to tell the person conducting the interview she was quick to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview it was about 45mins. She started by telling me about the job her expectations. She laid it all out on the table. Then she moved on to the situational questions and she told me she wanted direct answers to a situation that I previously encountered. No use of the "I always do this" more like in this situation. It was intense kept me on my toes but it was good. I moved on to the second stage an interview with the director!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever helped someone complete there work?   Answer Question
  • Have you done something wrong/ made a mistake at work how did you treat the situation   Answer Question
  • A conflict arise between yourself and a coworker how did you handle it   Answer Question
  • What's your greatest strength and an area of opportunity for growth   Answer Question

Commis-Kitchen Interview

Commis-Kitchen

I applied online - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in July 2014.

Interview Details Got an email from the executive chef and offered me for a position.decided to accept the position. Then a few a days after we had an informal chat/interview. Then afterwards received an email from the hr personnel, scheduling a new interview via skype. Had skype interview and questions were all about practical and work situations. After the interview a got a call from a hr personnel asking for some documents or I think some background checking. And said that I'll be notified after 2 days. But its already a week still dont get any feedback from them....

SPA Concierge Interview

SPA Concierge
Orlando, FL (US)

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2012.

Interview Details I applied through a job hiring board and received an invitation to take their assessment. Three days later, I had a phone interview with a HR representative. She then invited me to come in for an interview. It was on a Saturday when I met with the assistant spa manager and the spa assistant director. They escorted me to the second floor of the spa where I received a tour.

After that, I was asked a few questions before they proceeded to tell me about the benefits of working for the company. Two days later, I was offered the job.

MSE Manager Interview

MSE Manager

Interviewed at Ritz-Carlton

Interview Details The interview process is slow. The online tests is very lengthy.
The interview at property had three managers present: HR Manager, Hotel Manager and Director of Banquets.
Many questions were asked regarding opportunity moments and how it was fixed and turned into a a happy guest.

Interview Question – What was the way you worked with an opportunity that you had to fix but you didn't create?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 42,000

SPA Conciege Interview

SPA Conciege
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2010.

Interview Details Must apply online, through company website. You will have to take a survey at that time. Be prepared to spend at least 30 minutes or more. If your application makes it through the filters it gets passed on to the Depatment Manager, who usually conducts interview via phone and then in person. There is corporate guidelines, criteria and questions for each position that the Manager will follow.

Interview Question – Give me a situation where you had to deal with a diffucult customer and tell me how you handled it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple, they pay this and you take it or leave it. Not usually a negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2012.

Interview Details The interview was amazing. I had all the excitement and confidence when I left the process. Little did I know that after interviewing that was where all the excitement and advancement ended.

Interview Question – If you were conducting this interview, what question would you ask?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't have one

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at Ritz-Carlton

Interview Details I posted my resume online through the Ritz-Carlton website and have my fingers crossed for an interview. I hope it does not take 2 weeks like many of the other posts have said!

Interview Question – I have not had the opportunity to answer any questions for this company yet.   Answer Question

Steward Interview

Steward
Amelia Island, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2014.

Interview Details 3rd time's not the charm...being disabled I have to do back of house jobs like this, my last job before I relocated up here I did six years and only when my employer closed down was I forced to leave. I've been applying for this position now 5 years since I moved to the area, yet every time they decide to go with another candidate a couple of weeks later the position is advertised again...at time I'm writing this it is available yet again, but I'm done with this place. This time I was invited to the property itself, one thing I notice your looks will go a long way here. Asked me a lot of questions about customer intimacy and working with the public despite the position having little if any dealing with the public...in 6 years at the other place I only encountered customers twice...both times they were drunk and barged into work area. Other questions about how you work with others, typical team-work inquiries. I did point out during the interview my disability which the interviewer paid no mind and went on with his questioning, I took that as he already made up his mind. The Ritz does encourage the disabled to apply and I did meet a disabled employee prior to the interview, but even that employee looked like he stepped out of a GQ magazine. Rejection letter 2 days later.

Interview Question – Tell about how you deal with difficult co-workers? Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Valet Interview

Valet
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview Details Very selective about their hiring process, they only want the finest employees representing the name brand

Interview Question – Have you ever told a lie? What is your greatest regret?   Answer Question

Worked for Ritz-Carlton? Contribute to the Community!