Ross Stores

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

2.1

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Meet with Manger. Good interview relaxed and comfortable. Informative. Open to answer any question I had. Full description of duties. Mangers back ground allowed me to understand how they would run store

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

The process took a couple weeks. I applied online around late January and didn't get a call back until a couple weeks later well into February. The interesting thing about that is, is that I almost did not do the online assessment that is required post application. I was honestly being lazy at the time, but I just told myself to do it, and I'm glad I did because I got the call. I went in for an interview and the Manager was lovely. She wasn't those holier than thou types of managers, She knew what it was to be a sales associate, and she didn't forget where she came from, so she was very accepting. After I was technically offered the position, but all i needed to do was pass the background check for it to become official. 48 hours later, which is today, I got the call to come in for an orientation. So yes, I'm now a Ross worker.

Interview Questions
    • As for tips, when you come into any job interview, remain professional, but at the same time don't be a robot. They wanna see your personality as well, so be professional but also be exciting too, but of course don't over do it with the personality part too. I had previous retail experience at Sears, so me talking about my sears job was basically the main topic. Questions like "Tell me about yourself" "Where do you see yourself in five years" be prepared for scenario questions where they ask you what would you do when a costumer is upset. They'll most likely ask why you would want to work at Ross , so do a little research with the company. Dress casual, don't go in there wearing booty shorts and don't go in their wearing a suit and tie, its Ross, not american express inc.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

I was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager with another applicant. The interview was pretty easy, both interviewers were friendly. Just make sure you prepare with the questions and you'll be good. I wore a white blouse and black slacks and dress shoes. The other applicants wore denim jeans so I think that helped get me hired. I also researched the Ross company really well and discovered that they help many non profit organizations. Make sure you read which organizations and what those organizations do and make sure to mention them during the interview. The manager and assistant manager were very impressed that I knew that information.

Stocking Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

Unprofessional.
    You have to wait at least an hour before you see the interviewer.
    It's not your professional interview.
    They put all interviewees in the same room and started to ask 3 questions:
    Why Ross?
    Tell me about yourself?
    Previous experience?

Adding to this unprofessional interview process, this part time job is basically has no good side in any way, here are the features:
    1-start after 12:00 am
    2-not every night
    3-may 2-3 hours per night down to 0 (zero, you have read right) hour.
    4-the maximum hours you might get (if you get it) is 25 hours /week.
    5-no benefits of any kind.
    6-job includes in addition to stocking, you have to categorize the good before carry on to stock them

I hope this helped

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores in February 2015.

The first interview is a one on one interview with a manager. I was accepted to do a second interview with another manager. They asked easy questions in my opinion.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2015.

I went in for an interview in the morning and it lasted about 10 min. The manager was completely nice and welcoming and it didnt feel so much as an interview as it did a conversation with a few questions. We talked about availablity and work experience she liked me and offered me a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • To tell her alittle bit about myself?
      Asked about past work experience?
      Availibility?

Answer Question

Store Protection Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Group interview of 5 and we were asked questions all together with "Who wants to go first?" Make sure your that first person to stand out. Questions were "Why do you want to work for Ross?" and "Do you plan on moving up in the company?" type questions. They basically want to make sure you'll try your best to get promoted and not just want to stay in the same position.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer asked you a question you didn't have the answer to?   View Answer

Assortment Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores.

It was ok your normal standard behavioral questions tell me about a time… And lots of analytical questions. The two people I interviewed with seem to be dry no humor and very serious not the environment for me

Store Protection Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

I applied three months ago, received a call from the store manager asking about my availabity. What was my experience , got an interview for the next day. It seemed like all he really cared about was my availiabity , he was happy to hear I could work any hours.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores in January 2015.

I put in an application on Wednesday and received a call on Thursday to set up an interview for Friday afternoon. Interview was pretty straightforward and asked questions regarding past work experuence and how it pertained to the position in which I was applying. There were also about 5 situational questions that were all pretty simple. The interviewer went over the policies abd what the company stood for. I was offerred the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Hours were not guaranteed. Was only part time at minimum wage