Ross Stores Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
392 interviews

2.1

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2014.

it was not hard just have your resume and good questions and just be focus An poised and no what you saying be respecful polite and generous and just look like you really care about working there and have good posture sit up straight no slouching and just be yourself cause they are really there to help you give you a chance and you gotta take advantage of that it get you a job be serious no playing around and always leave a good impression when its over.

Interview Questions
    • probably how long you expect to stay cause i really didnt no how long i be there   View Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tukwila, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2014.

I got a call a few days after I applied to come in for an interview which they were very flexible with scheduling. I interviewed with the same person I talked to on the phone I believe I handed her(one of the MODs) my resume which she skimmed over. She asked me why I wanted to work at Ross I told her I shop here all the time it's near where my mom lives since I live on campus and like to be home on the weekends so I would rather work near home, but there is a bus line to both locations from here. Then she asked if I have any role models for a good work ethic which is personally a question I had never heard of but I told her about my grandma who still works warehouse jobs even in her 50s but never minds and always does what she has to which I respect.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the work ethic role model one, they get a lot of lazy kids trying to apply and flaking out days later, I think that question is just trying to get at what sort of background you come from, whether or not you'll be likely to keep coming back and keep to your word and be a hard worker at that because Ross stores, any location, are a dang mess   Answer Question
    right after the initial 2 questions I asked when she would get back to me by and she said well I, going to offer you a position right now and she did and I took home paperwork right then and came in the next tuesday for my orientation

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2012.

Applied online, got a class back within a week. They told me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with the assistant manager with basic questions. Super basic like "Why do you want to work for us?" He also asked about working in fast pace environments. Make sure to rave how much you love them. After the interview, I went to go get a few groceries and the store manager called asking if I could come back in immediately, I did. He asked similar questions and started telling me about the job. I was hired immediately.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working in a fast paced environment?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Store Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2013.

You have to go through 3 interviews. Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Area Loss Prevention Manager. Show up in professional clothes(even though you're interviewing for Ross). Don't be nervous ,you're not applying for Special Forces. If they called you for an interview it means that you will get the job. Remember the dress code can always help you,you need to look sharp.
    By the way, if you have any questions go and ask one of the Loss Prevention guys ,they will be happy to help you.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. If they as what would you do in this situation,just say it depends on your policies.   View Answer
    It's a really good temporary job. Do not go further, even managers don't get enough money.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in August 2014.

I filled in an application for Ross with the knowledge of doing seasonal work for them. I was offered an interview the next day on the phone and went in a few days later. The interview itself was standard procedure, with questions like "how many times is a good amount to be late for work" none of course. The manager herself was very nice and has a wonderful bubbly personality. And in the end despite only being availible to work for the next month, as I am going to move across country for college, she was able to fight for me and I'm very excited to start this week. Absolutely recommend for people with limited experience to gain said work experience and/or going off to college looking for seasonal work.

Interview Questions
    • "What qualities about someone you know that help them get through the work day?"   View Answer
    Entry level position, not really negotiable. I am able to have a relatively flexible schedule, though I did request as many hours as they could give me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2013.

I applied online and a week later they called and asked me to come for an interview. I arrived there about 5 minutes early but seem like they didn't like me coming just 5 minutes early so they had me wait in the back for about 15 or 20 minutes. Then I spoke to the hiring manager. While I maintained eye contact and talk confidently about my volunteer experience, the manager couldn't look me in the eye, he kept looking at the ground while he spoke. I asked all the questions but honestly felt like I didn't get the job just because I don't have any retail experience even though they were paying minimum wage. A week after the interview I called to follow up and were told that they were still waiting for my background check and he'll call me back when he receive it. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      How would you handle an irate customer?
      What skills did you learn in your volunteer work?
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Meridian, ID (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in February 2012.

Got a call and came in two days later. The interview was several questions with two managers interviewing you. My interview lasted a little more than an hour and they basically let me know that I had the job.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, you get $7.25 to start with.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bend, OR (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2014.

Application process was simple enough. Haven't gone through the hiring process yet. They sent me an email, telling me to full out an assessment. But the link is faulty.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2011.

Applied and received a call within half to a full month. One interview with the Assistant Manager who chose who would go to the next interview, then a second interview to days later with the Store Manager. Expected questions such as why you want to work there, tell them a bit about yourself, tell me a time when... questions, very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.

SPS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Questions that had nothing to do with the job. Distracted manager. Loud interruptions. Waited while the manager talked with an associate for 10 minutes. Asked irrelevant questions. Talked to too many people that did not seem interested in what the answer would be......more like, they just wanted to get it over with.

Nothing

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!