Ross Stores Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

It was the district manager and one of the store managers who interviewed me and then I was moved on to two other store managers from DD's their sister company.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give a time when you had a disagreement with someone at work and it left you irritated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negoitation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores (Rome, GA (US)).

Interview

Applied on-line, received a call a month later saying they wanted me to come in for a interview. Told me the day and time. Interview was easy, the person interviewing didn't know a head of time what I had applied for and had to ask me. Also some of the questions she asked was on the printed paper in front of her, standard questions. I was never told what the pay was, just what the hours were. She did tell me what was involved with the position and that they had a time frame that it all had to be done by. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. At the end of the Interview, I was told that they had a couple of more people to interview that day and I would hear something by the following Monday. It has been about 3 weeks and I have not received any call from them about the job as they said I would.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a customer come to you very upset, if so what would you do?
      If asked, would you finish up someone else's work that they didn't finish?

1 Answer

DC Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

A panel of Sr. Managers and department Directors. They asked questions regarding situations that I would encounter and how I would handle them. Standard questions about employees stealing and being in a confrontational situations that would require tact and proper treatment of the employee.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview was very quiet, the interviewer was very objective. I felt very comfortable and safe. However, the same day I was called to start working. A very good place to work, while paying very little for the hard work it is.

Interview Questions

• the interview questions were basically the same as everyone does, for which reason I would like to work there, how you react before a stressful situation, which the most important things for me, and the days available for work.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call two weeks later. She set a date forinterviews.My interviewer was a nice lady. She came out greeted me. I smiled and shook her firmly. She took me to her office. The interview was 20 minutes. She asked me mostly behaviorial questions. She described to me the benefit of working with Ross. She then started discussing salary. It was 7.50$ . She kept mentioning how the staff has been promoted over the years. She wanted to know my availability. The wanted someone who can work weekends and evenings. I have experiences but could not accept the salary. Anyway I enjoyed the interview. It's an experience .

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied two weeks before I got a call back. The interview was a group interview then individually. I was the last to be interviewed and the manager asked me two questions and then ended it. I totally thought that I didn't get it but then I got an email.

Loss Prevention Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ross Stores (Alexandria, VA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I apllied online got a call for an interview 2 days later. During the call the lady just talked about ross and stuff and i would be getting $7.50 an hour. I had originally apllied for a sales associate thats why. So i went to the interview and the store manager just asked me about 4 easy question. 2 customers service and other 2 about my work experience. She asked if i was more interested in the loss prevention job she explained what they do an its higher pay. And the hours fit my availability. So of course i said yes. She prety much hired me on the spot. She told me shes gonna do my background check. Should take about a week. Then i had to talk to the general manager.

Interview Questions

• are you on with a repetitive job?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you someone looks like they're stealing?   Answer Question
    • how many days do you think its acceptable for an associate to miss work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable. They tell you what you need to know.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy and simple. The Interview last 10minutes. It was a group interview. Very simple questions as How i would handle a situation in which a customer is acting suspicious or pocketing merchandise? and also tell about myself and my future goals.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation in which the customer is acting suspicious or pocketi g merchandise!   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores (Woodbury, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job and got a call back for the interview in 3 days. I went in for the interview did a lot of smiling, shook the bosses hand. Dress well, great for a first job. Got the job instantly. There was some confusion about when I would come in for training but that was fixed.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous jobs or life experience make you a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores (Robinson, PA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out online app and assessment (90 Questions). Store manager called me the next day to schedule an interview. Very brief interview. General questions. Be prepared to answer questions regarding customer service and dependability.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most reliable person you know?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you see a customer exhibiting strange behavior indicative of shoplifting?   1 Answer