Ross Stores

Updated 16 Dec 2014
Updated 16 Dec 2014

2.1

Store Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied online and got a call same day.They look for people with relevant experience. I had none. As it was during the holidays they had extended hours to 1:30 a.m. Was only looking for supplemental work and the schedule conflicted with first job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever tried to stop someone who tried to steal.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Dress nicely. Smile. Remember its ALL about CUSTOMER SERVICE! Loss prevention is all about 'customer service' also... Make sure all customers feel welcomed, yet are aware you are paying attention to what theyre doing. SMILE & say "Hi" to anyone within 10 feet. Remember that this job is not for lazy people, so show a little excitement at interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone acting suspiciously or pocketing merchandise?   View Answer
    No negotiations. Flexible availability, minimum wage, part time, period. Weekend availability is important.

Cashier/Fitting Room Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores.

I was called for an interview after 5 days since i had applied. Easiest interview of my life. This was actually hardly an interview. All i was asked was basic questions like, tell me about yourself, if i have worked in a fast pace environment, my work experience, and what position would i like. The interview only took about 15 mins.i was offered a job on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

The hireing prosses was considerably short. I think this was mainly due to me applyin during the holiday season. The intervewer was most concerned with my availabilty to work; being able to work on Sunday was a major plus. I was offered the job right on the spot.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Long hiring process, review communication, strengths, weaknesses, and different aspects of the business. Also closely reviewed your communication and how you would handle tough situations. Know your strengths and weakness.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview process was very quick and easy. I was asked a few basic questions such as to tell a little about my self. Interview lasted about 10-15 mins. I was told that my info would be submitted for a background check and should take a week. I heard back the next day came in for orientation the next day which took approximately 3-4 hours. All in all one of the easiest non-stressful interviews I have ever had.

No offer, you just get hired.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores in December 2014.

Came in and was asked: Previous work experience, why there was a gap in employment and if i could perform daily duties for the position. I was then told i was hired and that i had to wait for a background check before i start. The interview lasted literally 5 minutes. Real quick and fast. Hiring process takes about 2-3 weeks before u start work if your hired

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores.

beware they will sell you on how well the company is performing to sway you to join the team. What they don't tell you is how micro-managed you will be. I think the only thing they don't have a tracking form for is how may sheets of toilet paper you are using.

Interview Questions
    Never except first offer this company is a cash cow

IT Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Very poor interview process, a 3-party interviewer reached out to me on Linkedin. Recruiter got my details, including my resume and salary expectations.
    I was setup for a first round interview with one of their IT Managers. The interviewer had very poor communication skills: he jumped straight into my background and kept asking, why do you want to come work for us, we have nothing going on. At no, point did he make an attempt to promote his company/work culture. The key focus of the interview was that they had nothing going on, all their IT systems are old, no budgets for big upgrades in the future, so, just a dull boring place to work in. The interviewer was almost begging me to not come work for them. The key takeaway was: why would you want to come work in a place as non-exciting as us...
    What was supposed to be a 'skills' interview also had a lot of personal questions interspersed in it, some of which also not appropriate ones to ask in an interview and would risk being classified as discriminatory.
    After the interview I politely sent a note to the recruiter that I wanted to drop out of the process as I did not seem like a fit for their culture and role.

Interview Questions
    • Why come work for an IT shop as boring and unexciting as ours?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores in November 2014.

I submitted my application on Monday and the store manager called me on Wednesday and asked if I could come in that afternoon for an interview. I went in and two of the store managers did my interview. They were very nice and the interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. The questions they asked were all pretty simple, but some of them didn't apply to me since this would be my first job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever dealt with an angry customer? How did you deal with it?
      Have you ever had to pick up someone else's slack at work? How did handle it?

Answer Question