Ross Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014

1.8

77 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2014.

I applied online and was called an hour later to set an interview as soon as I could. I made an interview for the next day. I arrived 5 minutes early and they made me wait a total of 50 minutes before they even interviewed me. The manager came out finally seeming a bit dazed and asked me to follow him to his office. His office was very cluttered and unorganized. He seemed really young and inexperienced and pretty much asked me:

1. Why Ross?

2. What make you a good fit?

3. What does a clean and organized environment at work mean to you?
(ironic as his room was absurdly unorganized)

4. Do you have any past work experience that can help with this job?

and then he began to tell me that they needed people with very open flexibility's (which I had) and offered me the job right away, $9.00/hr non-negotiable part time with a maximum of 25 hours a week. I told him I'd think about it but I knew I wasn't going to take it as I found a better job that was paying me more.

I found a better job that was paying me more.

Other Interview Reviews for Ross Stores

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores.

I filled out the application and was called for an interview within 24 hours. The interview was held during the day in the manager's office. They wanted to hire me on the spot. However, I was interviewed by 2 different managers who would not have had the time to discuss whether they liked me, whether I was a "good fit," background experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to handle a customer issue.   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Ross?   Answer Question

I got another job offer that offered better opportunities for me.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Had one interview with the store manager and was called back within a few days to start my hiring process. Manager did not seem interested in the process whatsoever. It was more of a chore

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite household chore?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

interview was really short, asked my availability and a few work experience questions. For the most part they were really in need of somebody that would learn how to do stock

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bend, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2014.

Application process was simple enough. Haven't gone through the hiring process yet. They sent me an email, telling me to full out an assessment. But the link is faulty.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anderson, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2014.

I applied online and a week later I was called in for an interview. They lady who I was suppose to interview wasn't there so I met with the Department Supervisor reallllyyyyyy brief. I had my resume with me and all she wanted to know is a little about my previous work history. A week later I was called for some background information and I received a call today saying I start my training next week!

None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2014.

received a phone call to come into for an interview (after filling out online application a couple days prior); asked about prior work history, asked about schedule availability; interview explained what type of position was available and asked if I was OK with it; was hired on the spot, just have to wait for background check to process

Interview Questions
    no negotiation as this was an hourly wage position, it is minimum wage - acceptable for a first time job

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Danville, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2014.

Applied online for a call following week for one on one interview mostly ask behavioral questions( between 8-10 ) interview with the assistant manager was told they will contact you by next day if got the job but I was contacted a week later and was offer the job

Not able to. Negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied online, got a call about a week later to come in and interview. Got offered job on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

I applied online got a call after 2 weeks . I was out of the city was told to call back when i get back.i was called for an interview.I went there 15 mins before time.Was asked basic questions why you want to work here.questions relating to previous job .What would you do if some one is stealing.Had interview with assistant manager and she told me she will call and let me know .

Interview Questions
    • Was nothing much difficult just a basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!