Rothstein Kass Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.4

Tax Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2011.

I was interviewed by someone from HR. The interview process was very easy going. The interviewer was very warm and welcoming. The work culture seemed as if it would be great.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beverly Hills, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2011.

First round interview was on campus 2 weeks ago. I told them I needed to hear back quickly for school purposes. A week later, got a call saying I was invited to 2nd rounds in the office. They asked me to come back this week (today). Went in and had 5 back-to-back interviews. 3 managers, a partner, and an HR person. Everyone was super chill and the whole process was very laid back. Behavioral Qs in the first round, 2nd round was just getting to know you (I didn't get behavioral questions at all). Got a call tonight with my offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    Didn't even try-dont negotiate internship pay!

Internship-Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2011.

Alumini came to ask and pretty friendly. The question about Why did I choose my college ? And why I choose RK?...Why I want this job? My teamwork...and my financial internship before. The most important is to fit its company culture and show that you are energetic !

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2009.

It consisted of resume and cover letter. there were on campus interviews then second round intervews at the office with about three diferent people. it was difficult but no more dificult than any other accounting firm

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

The first round took place at my university. It was very straight forward. The initial interviewer was basically looking to see if your personality would fit into her company's corporate culture. After about a week I received a call from HR informing me that they would like to invite me in for a second round. The second round consisted of an office tour with an associate, an interview with a manager (basic behavioral questions were asked) and two separate HR interviews.

Tip the interviewee - Be well informed about the position you're interviewing for and try to leverage your strengths towards that position when answering questions.

Interview Questions
    None. Standard package was offered. However this company does pay overtime!

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in April 2010.

very easy and relaxed

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beverly Hills, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

email resume, call from hr, call from hiring mgr, no offer

Tax Senior Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in May 2008.

I obtained the referral from a current employee. I spoke with two partners and two human resources representatives who were very friendly and informative. It was an enjoyable experience.

Accounting Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

Everyone here is very welcoming. I had an on-campus interview which was very relaxed. They mostly went over your resume, why you were interesting in their company, and if you had any questions for them. Definitely go prepared as to why you would rather work for a mid-market accounting firm than a Big Four firm.

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Mock Interview

Easy Going Lady asking everything on your resume.
    Extra Questions:
    1. If something could have done to change your past, what do you want to change?
    2. Why do you choose that college?
    3. What will you do on the weekends? (describe in detail)

Advice:
    1. Maybe it will be better if you could talk sth about hedge funds, which is what they famous for.