Rothstein Kass Interview Questions

Updated 26 Jun 2015

2.5

Internship-Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Alumini came to ask and pretty friendly. The question about Why did I choose my college ? And why I choose RK?...Why I want this job? My teamwork...and my financial internship before. The most important is to fit its company culture and show that you are energetic !

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Roseland, NJ (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

met with HR first and interviewed with senior managers and principals

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview

The first round took place at my university. It was very straight forward. The initial interviewer was basically looking to see if your personality would fit into her company's corporate culture. After about a week I received a call from HR informing me that they would like to invite me in for a second round. The second round consisted of an office tour with an associate, an interview with a manager (basic behavioral questions were asked) and two separate HR interviews.

Tip the interviewee - Be well informed about the position you're interviewing for and try to leverage your strengths towards that position when answering questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Standard package was offered. However this company does pay overtime!

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in November 2010.

Interview

they focus on soft skills rather than technical. they want the right personalities to join their firm, someone who they see would make partners down the road and be able to bring in business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

signing bonus

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Beverly Hills, CA (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

email resume, call from hr, call from hiring mgr, no offer

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Mock Interview

Easy Going Lady asking everything on your resume.
    Extra Questions:
    1. If something could have done to change your past, what do you want to change?
    2. Why do you choose that college?
    3. What will you do on the weekends? (describe in detail)

Advice:
    1. Maybe it will be better if you could talk sth about hedge funds, which is what they famous for.

Accounting Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Everyone here is very welcoming. I had an on-campus interview which was very relaxed. They mostly went over your resume, why you were interesting in their company, and if you had any questions for them. Definitely go prepared as to why you would rather work for a mid-market accounting firm than a Big Four firm.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in September 2010.

Interview

It was a basic first round interview. The interviewer was very nice and didn't ask too many difficult questions.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Roseland, NJ (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

They do superdays, which is 5 half hour interviews. One is a walking tour, one is a casual conversation, and the other three just get to know you. Some basic questions, some interesting questions. Based on who the interviewer is.HR is great and they are extremely good at what they do.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know how to use excel, what types of coding do you know? I don't think they expected enormous amounts, but it was unexpected for them to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted what was offered.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in April 2010.

Interview

very easy and relaxed