Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Delhi).

Interview

Royal Bank of Scotland had an e litmus test which needed to be cleared ...they called all of us for a complete for a day had a case study and presentations n 1 technical interview n 1 Human Resource interview. Overall it was good enough the company sees the overall personality of the person. I had done intern through this interview thereafter received a PPO offer.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai) in April 2015.

Interview

it was a day long interview process with 4 level of technical and functional discussion. starting with written test, technical discussion, architect discussion and project deliver manager discussion. I have completed the interview and submitted all required document to HR. its been more than a month till the HR has not contacted me for any discussion or hoping to get a communication atleast in another 2 months

Interview Questions

• how to migrate one oracle DB to another DB, what are all the steps to consider for choosing oracle DB   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ernākulam

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Ernākulam) in March 2015.

Interview

online test and personal interview where there and they were very friendly and the result was announced the same day itself.....that is more about interview process in royal bank of scotland

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai) in March 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of technical discussion, a managerial round and HR discussion

The interview was very good and they probed all the areas; the sort of interview where we really feel that the other person knows what he is doing. The managerial round will be fairly normal and then comes the hopeless HR round where they never have the budget to hire you; they asked me if I could join them for the same CTC as mine from the current company. These people plan to buy a BMW for the price of a Maruti 800.

The overall process took close to 6 weeks and you will have no communication over mail and everything will be over phone; the progress on candidature will not be updated to you/agency and you will be kept totally in the dark on what is happening with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Vellore).

Interview

Their process was gd,online aptitude and interview. As there were less candidates they gone for online aptitude and HR interview. aptitude was quite easy and could crack it easily . Hr round was all common, they asked general scenario based questions. Was totally good.

Interview Questions

• how good are you in convincing others?
      tell me about your pros and cons related to studies?

Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Awesome. Really well planned. Well organised. Office is nice. They treat the candidates warmly.
    Overall enjoyed attending the rounds. The interview was well organised and the associates gave frequent update on the process

Interview Questions

• More process related questions for Team lead. Technical was challenging as well. It will take 1 complete day since there are multiple rounds   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dehra Dūn

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Dehra Dūn) in February 2015.

Interview

it was well coordinated & the whole process was smooth.the interviewer was very good.She listened what i had to say & made sure i didnt panic during the interview.the overall interview process was good & result was announced on the same day.

Interview Questions

• about urself,about our backgrounds,how I would suit with the company   Answer Question

Global Analyst Interview

Interview

Group Exercise followed by Interview. People were split into groups with 3 members in random and each group was given an industry and asked to analyse various risks involved and how to mitigate those risks.

Interview Questions

• Multiple financial products were given and asked to rate it in the decreasing order of risk   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in November 2014.

Interview

I got the Initial communication through email to attend a personal interview as it matches with their requirement.
    Interview process involved 3 rounds
    1) Written test - To explain and design a system including data base designing and estimation.
    2) Technical Interview
    3) Management interview

Managing the interview process was really very poor. In the initial communication I received it was stated that my reporting time is 9 am and it would be completed within 3 hours. I reported at 9 am however the written test was only given at 10:30 lasting for 1 hour. After the written test I was asked to sit in the lobby and wait for the second round. Spoke to HR at every hour to get the second round and she stated we will get back to me but she was not. After multiple follow ups with HR I got the second round interview after 5 pm.
    Technical round interview was completed and it was intimated to me that management interview would be done over the call in next couple of days as it is too late for the day. However I did not get any call. I called up the HR folks and they stated that there is no requirement now.

Very poor management, planning by recruiting HR team. They are not aware what they want, how they want and what time they want.

Interview Questions

• How do you connect a CICS to a java system other than Web services, CTG, MQ and API?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Chennai).

Interview

Interview process will have a general discussion(GD), and a simple analytical written which also contains, typing test and general english. after that a common HR round. for experienced, the corresponding team manager and team leader will take the interview to check on your skills

Interview Questions

• comfortable with any shift time? and how long will you stay here if you are hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.