Royal Bank of Scotland

Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

Team Lead Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Awesome. Really well planned. Well organised. Office is nice. They treat the candidates warmly.
    Overall enjoyed attending the rounds. The interview was well organised and the associates gave frequent update on the process

Interview Questions
    • More process related questions for Team lead. Technical was challenging as well. It will take 1 complete day since there are multiple rounds   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Their process was gd,online aptitude and interview. As there were less candidates they gone for online aptitude and HR interview. aptitude was quite easy and could crack it easily . Hr round was all common, they asked general scenario based questions. Was totally good.

Interview Questions
    • how good are you in convincing others?
      tell me about your pros and cons related to studies?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dehra Dūn
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dehra Dūn

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2015.

it was well coordinated & the whole process was smooth.the interviewer was very good.She listened what i had to say & made sure i didnt panic during the interview.the overall interview process was good & result was announced on the same day.

Interview Questions
    • about urself,about our backgrounds,how I would suit with the company   Answer Question

Global Analyst Interview

Group Exercise followed by Interview. People were split into groups with 3 members in random and each group was given an industry and asked to analyse various risks involved and how to mitigate those risks.

Interview Questions
    • Multiple financial products were given and asked to rate it in the decreasing order of risk   Answer Question

Mainframe Software Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in November 2014.

I got the Initial communication through email to attend a personal interview as it matches with their requirement.
    Interview process involved 3 rounds
    1) Written test - To explain and design a system including data base designing and estimation.
    2) Technical Interview
    3) Management interview

Managing the interview process was really very poor. In the initial communication I received it was stated that my reporting time is 9 am and it would be completed within 3 hours. I reported at 9 am however the written test was only given at 10:30 lasting for 1 hour. After the written test I was asked to sit in the lobby and wait for the second round. Spoke to HR at every hour to get the second round and she stated we will get back to me but she was not. After multiple follow ups with HR I got the second round interview after 5 pm.
    Technical round interview was completed and it was intimated to me that management interview would be done over the call in next couple of days as it is too late for the day. However I did not get any call. I called up the HR folks and they stated that there is no requirement now.

Very poor management, planning by recruiting HR team. They are not aware what they want, how they want and what time they want.

Interview Questions
    • How do you connect a CICS to a java system other than Web services, CTG, MQ and API?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview process will have a general discussion(GD), and a simple analytical written which also contains, typing test and general english. after that a common HR round. for experienced, the corresponding team manager and team leader will take the interview to check on your skills

Interview Questions
    • comfortable with any shift time? and how long will you stay here if you are hired?   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Operations Analyst Interview

The HR process is really slow ,the manager interview is more detailed as they are with vintage staff members in the panel . Be prepare with banking basis for L1 &L2 jobs

Interview Questions
    • For AM & Managers HR related tips and tricks will be tested in long causal talks ,beware of the long conversions and previous experience achievements   Answer Question

Associate Interview

The process included written test after that 3 technical rounds.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgat
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgat

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in April 2014.

Written test by e-litmus. It is only aptitude and logical and verbal reasoning ie. No technical questions. After written, selected candidates were called to Gurgaon office for interview process (all selected candidates from all over India). Interview was day long process where GD, presentation round and personal interview was conducted.

Interview Questions
    • How to check if a Binary tree is a BST?   View Answer

Process Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2014.

Pool campus placement drive. Total 4 colleges were invited. Candidates were shortlisted according to the criteria and those who were registered were called for the same.
    The process included aptitude test after that 2 technical rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Why have you applied to the particular programme?

Tell me about a time when you led an efficient team.

Answer Question