Royal Bank of Scotland

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in April 2011.

Interview Details First took a online test with Java-J2EE, SQL and other questions. Then had a first round of technical interview. After that another round of technical interview then a managerial round and HR round in the end.

Interview Question – I was asked to design an application with a single page UI which can show the details of the employees of an organization using any framework I am comfortable with. Then the interviewer asked the questions why I chose this particular framework rather than others, asked if some additional features were added like session handling, concurrent access and multiple browser signin by same users, how to handle those scenarios and then how can I improve the performance of the application.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chennai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2013.

Interview Details Consultancy Scheduled the interview , they sent a link for online written test. Later in the next Saturday the conducted interview. It contains total Four rounds and one hr.
1. Technical Round:- Asked the Question on Core Java , Struts, SQL, Servlets and Jsp's.
2. Round :- It contains two persons interviewed me at this round one for SQL and other for Java.
3. Round: It is a managerial round there they asks about the project and the major issues faced during the project management.
4. Round : It is a managerial round there they asks about the project and the major issues faced during the project management. same as third round.
5. HR interview they negotiating about the package like anything.

Interview Question – Why you are interesting to join in RBS, did your company offered any thing while you going to put paper   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in July 2011.

Interview Details Interviews are usually conducted by individual teams instead of some central HR Panel.
Usually 4-5 rounds of interview is done including intial Telephonic rounds and Face 2 Face technical, Managerial after that HR rounds are done. in case of interview drives written tests are also conducted.

Interview Question – Depends upon requirement but there is no fixed format. Requires fair amount of preparation .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Its usually fine.

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in June 2011.

Interview Details Hiring and interview process is very slow and pathetic. I went through 8 rounds of interview in span of 2 months before getting hired. and strange thing is that in every round of interview the questions were almost same.

Interview Question – data structures, A lot of threading,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They dont negotiate much. They offered me more then I asked for :)

Gurgaon, Haryana

I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in August 2008.

Interview Details Got the email from naurki.com regarding the opening. I followed up with the HR contact and setup my interview. 2 rounds of interview were there after which they sent me home. Called me again after 1 week saying that I had cleared the interviews and i should submit my papers.

Gurgaon, Haryana

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2011.

Interview Details The initial round was a telephonic round. the interview lasted for more than an hour in which I was grilled about Java, Unix and SQL. The interviewer was very knowledgeable fellow, the questions were pretty tough and at one time it seemed as if they were hiring me to build a rocket for NASA in Java.

It was followed by two written tests , A Video Conference and a one to one with a project manager all in the same day.

The telephonic and the other interviews were about 10 days apart.

Good experience over all.

Interview Questions

• 1.Build an implementation of a hashmap without using collections.
    2. Implement a least recently used Cache, write a code snippet for it.
      View Answer
  • RBS is losing money, you work for a good organization. Why do you want to join us ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate as I had other offers in hand as well. The HR guys do not budge easily untill you are really special or the project requires you badly. The negotiation would not fetch you a very huge amount of money, the revised offer would be close to what you were offered previously.

Interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland

Interview Details Very complicated

Interview Question – Why you want to come to RBS...........there is no work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cool.........get some other company offer and get 20-30 % hike on that.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Royal Bank of Scotland

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Royal Bank of Scotland Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Royal Bank of Scotland employees and interview candidates.