Royal Dutch Shell Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

3.5

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell (Chennai) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview is based on behavioral questions. Interviewer is friendly, He first introduced himself and asked me to tell about myself. He told me that he will be noting some points while i am answering the questions and let that not distract me or offend me as he won't be looking at me much time. He asked me questions like tell me an instant where you did this, that... And he asked two to three follow up questions based on what i have told. Questions are aimed at seeing how well i fit for their CAR (Capacity, Achievement, Relationship) criteria. And in the end he asked me if i have any questions for him.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an instance where you have to make yourself more disciplined in order to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Very hectic .Resume shortlisting , two psychometric rounds were conducted, one analytical round ,followed by telephonic interview, group discussion, self reflectory interview, HR interview.Impossible to predict what the recruiters are looking for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview

Stages:
    1. Online test: aptitude, personality questions
    2. Telephonic Interview: personality questions
    3. Typical Shell Recruitment Day: Etray test, Self reflection interview, case study, group discussion

As I applied for a technical role. They focus mainly on the personality side throughout the process. All in all SRD proved to be a long day of scrutiny of one's personality. Although long but enjoyable as you would end up having healthy interaction with fellow SRD candidates and making new friends.

Interview Questions

• Different Life examples. "A situation where you worked in group and faced conflict"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell (Mumbai) in December 2014.

Interview

the lengthiest interview process I faced in life was with Shell. Initial 2 rounds of psychometric tests followed by resume screening. After these are done, Shell comes on the first day at IITs. The process is now face to face, starting with shell hearing, then an e-mail based test round to study analytical skill. On the next day, one hour long HR interview was followed by case study and GD.

Interview Questions

• A complete HR based questions were asked during the interview hour. One would face questions related to what they have done in life and what kind of responsibilities they have undertaken. Questions are meant in such a way that the person answers how he/she tackled things that came up in b/w.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

1) Psychometric Test - Test your mental stabililty
    2) Aptitude Test - Basic graphs and data interpretation questions
    3) Telephonic Interview - They focus on the use of 'I' rather than 'We' and ask questions on the CART structure. Be genuine here and only use real life experiences. Don't fabricate your own stories.
    4) SRD Interview

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

2 online rounds, followed by resume shortlisting. If successful in resume shortlisting, called for interview. Interview may be telephonic or face-to-face. If successful in interview, called for the Shell Recruitment Day(SRD). The SRD comprises of various rounds like an e-tray exercise, a group discussion. This is followed by a self reflection interview. This is followed by a case study round and finally a competency based interview. This interview is similar to the previous interview taken.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example where you had to work with someone to achieve a common goal?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview

Online assessments were there. after completing them, i was invited for a telephonic interview and then i was invited for SRD. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell (Mumbai) in December 2013.

Interview

The recruitment process of Shell in India is a lengthy one. It starts with a online psychometric test which is an elimination round. You need to clear this test in order to get through to the next round. Once you clear this round, you appear for a Decision-making test where you are given situations and you need to select the most appropriate response according to you. This is followed by a simple Aptitude test.

Once you are done with it, you are assessed one the basis of scores on these tests, your resume/CV and the motivation to join the company. The shortlist or call for interviews come out in 3-4 days.

Since it was a campus recruitment, the initial procedure might vary a little. Once you are shortlisted for an interview, there are 3 more rounds.

1. Online case study - You are given a case related to a project that Shell is working on (hypothetically) and they face a lot of dilemmas and problems and as a Manager your duty is to solve them. The data given is too much and once needs to be read very quickly, in order to succeed.

2. Behavioral Interview - This interview is one of the most important steps in the selection procedure since it tries to see if you are a good fit for the company or not. Just like a typical interview, you are asked to cite examples from your life describing different problems or challenges.

3. Case Study Interview - You are again a given case which is related to the first round but here you need to understand the case and give a short presentation to the interviewers which is followed by a QnA round.

Interview Questions

• Cite an example or a situation where you have built relationships?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a campus recruitment and hence there was no scope of negotiation.

Computational Sciences PhD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell (Bangalore) in October 2013.

Interview

The whole process can be divided into two parts Online tests and Offline interview. Online tests comprised of a HR round and a Aptitude round. Offline interview process had case study, personal interview and Group discussion. Just we need to show that we can keep up with their company culture.

Interview Questions

• Case study. We need to pick between the choices given to us.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell (Bangalore) in October 2013.

Interview

2 Online tests to judge your personality. A bit of quantitative analysis too. Beahvioural interview followed. Shortlisted candidates attend shell recruitment day at Shell, Bangalore. Aftr a series of evaluative tests, some are hired.

Interview Questions

• Y do u want to work for Shell?   1 Answer