Royal Dutch Shell Interview Questions & Reviews

3.5

Process Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in July 2010.

Telephonic Interview followed by a Technical Interview with the Manager in Shell Office and finally an Interview with the HR to discuss salary. Later a letter is sent making the job offer which could possibly be further negotiated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in December 2013.

The recruitment process of Shell in India is a lengthy one. It starts with a online psychometric test which is an elimination round. You need to clear this test in order to get through to the next round. Once you clear this round, you appear for a Decision-making test where you are given situations and you need to select the most appropriate response according to you. This is followed by a simple Aptitude test.

Once you are done with it, you are assessed one the basis of scores on these tests, your resume/CV and the motivation to join the company. The shortlist or call for interviews come out in 3-4 days.

Since it was a campus recruitment, the initial procedure might vary a little. Once you are shortlisted for an interview, there are 3 more rounds.

1. Online case study - You are given a case related to a project that Shell is working on (hypothetically) and they face a lot of dilemmas and problems and as a Manager your duty is to solve them. The data given is too much and once needs to be read very quickly, in order to succeed.

2. Behavioral Interview - This interview is one of the most important steps in the selection procedure since it tries to see if you are a good fit for the company or not. Just like a typical interview, you are asked to cite examples from your life describing different problems or challenges.

3. Case Study Interview - You are again a given case which is related to the first round but here you need to understand the case and give a short presentation to the interviewers which is followed by a QnA round.

Interview Questions
    • Cite an example or a situation where you have built relationships?   Answer Question
    It was a campus recruitment and hence there was no scope of negotiation.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in October 2013.

2 Online tests to judge your personality. A bit of quantitative analysis too. Beahvioural interview followed. Shortlisted candidates attend shell recruitment day at Shell, Bangalore. Aftr a series of evaluative tests, some are hired.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in June 2013.

I've been interviewed initially by their HR team, it was a general discussion, while there main focus was to understand on my keenness to join as the position was based out of Chennai. Main questions the HR asked:
    - Why are you looking for a change, I've spent 7 years with my existing co. so wasn't really difficult for me to explain and convince the HR on the MOVE
    - Will you be able to adjust and relocate to Chennai
    - Salary expectation
    Later I was interviewed by their Sr. Manager, who asked questions mainly related to the work I was doing, probed me on certain finance principles while I was taking thru my profile (was very easy for me being an FP&A domain expert), he stayed very strict or I must say professional during our entire almost 50 mins. discussion and while concluding the interview he said to me that he was very happy with the entire discussion and they were looking exactly for a person like me, I understood that Job was mine :-)
    Next morning got a call from their HR again, who stated they'd like me to come over to Chennai and meet with their Leadership team, the stated they'll come back to me with the details, it took almost 3 days and more than 30-40 calls to finally set a date for me to come and meet them, while I was very much flexible with all the dates they provided me however the final date and time they gave me did not offer me with an option of flight where I could reach Chennai (from Jaipur) and return same day.
    I discussed with their HR and explained the scenario, he listened thru my concern and asked me if I would be ready to stay in a hotel (now this was going to make my travel for 3 days instead of an earlier 1 day travel). I agreed with a condition where I would like them to reimburse my hotel expenses, where HR explained to me that their current policy doesn't allow him to offer this right away and he'll have to arrange for a special approval and get back to me on this and since then I sent him couple of mails/sms/phone calls and didn't hear back :-(

and today I am being interviewed for a better position in a different co. (Fortune Global100)

"someone's loss is someone's gain"

Anonymous Employee  in  Guwahati
    Anonymous Employee in Guwahati

I interviewed online - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Shell intern was through campus applied online, and had to do 2 online assessments, 1st about self behavior and 2nd about some cases and the decision you would take and in second a timed 16 questions based on graphs and values were asked. Still waiting for the interview call...

Interview Questions
    • the timed graph and table data based questions   View Answer

Leadership Program Interview

One case study followed by interview on case only, then a group activity was conducted on the basis of one case, which includes a group discussion. The in third round they gave certain scenario related to different functions and u have to present the problem of the case given. A interview will also be conducted on the same case. They may change their process from this year

CS75 PhD Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in November 2012.

The initial round was shortlisting from 5000+ resumes all over India. I was lucky enough to be shortlisted to the interview. This was followed by a 1:1 tech interview and finally a case study

Interview Questions
    • In the case study, there was a question about a acquisition of another company, the question was, say you are the CEO of the plant, if the acquisition happens,if the acquisition does not happen, what will you do about the plant? will you shut it down because of its problems, or will you try to revive it....if you decide to revive it, how would you do it?

I found this one tough because as per the case study, the plant had hell lot of problems.
        View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in September 2012.

Two rounds:
    1. Technical Interview
    2. Case Study

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in December 2008.

For campus hire the interview is threefold- technical,busiess planning & group discussion. The procedure starts with submitting cv in specified cv format for shell. On the day of interview panels of selector , comprising of both technical & HR persons take interview in three rounds. After each round elimination occurs and successful candidates only are allowed for next round.
    First round is usually technical. Here the candidate is asked to present one of his/her project of choice briefly. The interview is then based on the project work. Next round is busines planning. For this round study materials are provided. after one hour each candidate has to present their business plan before the pannel and will convince them with satisfactory answers to their quarries.Fial round is group discussion on selected problems.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in March 2008.

The interview was cordial and the company gave very transparent inference of them. They were very frank in the dischssion,

Interview Questions

Worked for Royal Dutch Shell? Contribute to the Community!