Ryan, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

2.7

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Ryan acquired Property Tax Services from Thomson Reuters; I was part of the acquisition

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was sent here by a recruiter out of Dallas. I couldn't make the first appointment request and had to wait a week. After being allowed into the floor (if they have a receptionist, I have no idea where), I was lead to an office where I was introduced to two managers. The interview consisted of lots of back and forth questions. I treated the interview as if I was applying directly for a position instead of working as a temp. I am just waiting on a response.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working here as a temp?   Answer Question
    • How well do you feel that you work as part of a team? And as an individual?   Answer Question

Specialist, Client Services Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The interview occurred in one day - one group interview including Principal, Manager, and Director. It lasted for 45 minutes, but was scheduled for one hour and a half. The Principal gave an overview of the company, the reason for the position, and the general expectations of the role of a Client Services Specialist. They advised they would make a decision very rapidly. I received feedback about an offer within several days.

Acquisition Integration Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Som Phone (Laos)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Ban Som Phone (Laos)) in February 2015.

Interview

First contact is made by HR. The staff is very friend,thorough and professional. They ask appropriate questions regarding your history, methods, and applicable experience. Specifically, they will as you to describe your background with integration, what type of business, your role, and a brief description of how you handle integration.

If all goes well, you will be asked to schedule a second interview by phone. This is where the interview process gets shaky. I was interviewed by a future equal who asked about my experience, commented that he wanted to make the questions about me, then turned and spent the next 30 minutes talking about himself.

During the following 30 minutes or so, he rarely allowed me to speak so I just let him continue. The final five minutes was spent with my attempt to seemingly defend myself through an abrasive line of circular questioning that ultimately led nowhere.

I received feedback from an email I sent to HR. They said the college commented that I was more qualified for a higher position with Mergers and Acquisitions than integration. This was confusing because we didn't cover much of the actual job during the interview. Needles to say, I accepted a position elsewhere. If fear is the way they lead an interview, this is not how I want so operate within my day to day at work.

They are still looking for a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is integration and how would you set up an integration project?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and fairly easy.

1) HR screen

They ask a few questions to check experience, coursework (if you dont have a degree in accounting they will verfiy your college hours. You need a combination of housrs in finance and accounting).

Make sure you understand why you want the position or carrer in tax consulting. They will ask.

Also do research, especially MyRyan. HR's crown jewel, definitely bring this up in a positive light during the screening. Almost gurantees a second interview, MyRyan is the cornerstone of Ryan's culture.

2) Meet with managers and Principal

Really easy interview, more of a discussion. Just be honest and be yourself, they are checking for fit. The job itself is not difficult, they want to make sure you fit the team and understand what the job requires.

The meeting witb the Principal is purely for show and really a waste of time. Just dont come across as a complete idiot and you'll be fine.

3) Not sure.

I spoke to HR, mentioned I was negotiating an offer with a different company. She asked what the offer looked like, when i told her she said there was no way Ryan would match that.

I emailed HR with my intent to accept another offer and havent heard back.

All the people I interracted wiTh at Ryan were professional, humble, and friendly. Maybe it varies by team, but I think most would be fortunate to work for a company like this.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Nashville, TN (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through a friend, flew to Nashville for an interview. Interviewed with the Team Leader and the Principal. Went to lunch. Didn't feel as if it were a formal interview and felt like I had the job. In retrospect I believe I was never a serious candidate for the position. I've heard nothing but great things about this employer, and will consider other positions or applying for similar ones when I have more experience.

Interview Questions

• There were very little questions, so I can't say any of them were very tough.   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Applied online and received a prompt response for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I received an offer to come visit the office which was a great experience. I met with a total of 4 people, (1 director, 2 managers, and 1 team lead). It was a wonderful experience! Afterwards, I had a phone call with a principal which lasted about 15 minutes and was given an offer about 2 weeks after. The process lasted approx 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficulties, mainly probed your interest to see if you would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Commercial Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Tallahassee, FL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on my University's recruiting website, however, they did recruit at the University career fair as well, so I'm sure you could get an interview either way. I signed up for an interview slot for the on University career portal and the overall process was very laid back and mostly conversational. An alumnus from my University interviewed me and another associate joined as well.

Interview Questions

• Almost all questions were related to resume or experience with some fit questions too.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2014.

Interview

I was phone screened by a male recruiter in Dallas for an administrative job in their Atlanta office. I was given software tests to complete online and was invited in to interview about 7 days later. The interview was arranged by someone else in their Dallas office and she was quite pleasant.

Interview Questions

• I felt like I was invited in to be belittled and the interviewer kept making negative comments about my test scores and my history. All I did was turn each comment into a positive one and defend myself. Needless to say I asked to be taken out of the running. Glad he showed his true colors in the interview but it was good practice.   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Emailed cover letter to manager and was asked to come in for an office interview. First interview was with a manager and a director. Second was a phone interview with principal. Both easy interviews, going through my resume and experience.