Ryan, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jul 2014
Updated 22 Jul 2014

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Ryan acquired Property Tax Services from Thomson Reuters; I was part of the acquisition

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2014.

I was phone screened by a male recruiter in Dallas for an administrative job in their Atlanta office. I was given software tests to complete online and was invited in to interview about 7 days later. The interview was arranged by someone else in their Dallas office and she was quite pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • I felt like I was invited in to be belittled and the interviewer kept making negative comments about my test scores and my history. All I did was turn each comment into a positive one and defend myself. Needless to say I asked to be taken out of the running. Glad he showed his true colors in the interview but it was good practice.   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2014.

Emailed cover letter to manager and was asked to come in for an office interview. First interview was with a manager and a director. Second was a phone interview with principal. Both easy interviews, going through my resume and experience.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

I was contacted by HR after they received my application and referral. I had an initial interview a few weeks later with under management and staff. A few more weeks went by and I had another interview with upper management. It took a couple months overall. The phone conversations with HR were really magnetic and they worked around my current employment schedule. I had to take a sizeable pay cut to begin here.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell people they are wrong even if it's hard?   View Answer
    Over the phone, one call.

Senior Consultant Interview

Great interview process. You interview with the team, manager and principal.

Property Tax Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in March 2014.

Interview Questions
    • Walked through my resume, asked why real estate, talked about the company and the position. Was basically a very long conversation more than an interview. Weren't any tough questions.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2014.

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter about two weeks later, we set up an interview date about three days later. I filled out some brief information before the interview date. I interviewed with the recruiter for about 30 minutes, then with the principal and director for another hour. The interview was very relaxed and nothing to unusual or difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals and plans during your time consulting. There were a few questions about what I wanted to do as far as my career path and I find some of these questions to be difficult since you don't want to be too forward or aggressive during the interview process.   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

I applied via my university's job search site. Initial interview was on campus and was relatively easy. Mostly asked just fit and behavioral questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. At least a month later, I got a call from a recruiter asking if I would rather interview in Houston or Dallas. I chose Houston, and they flew me there. I had 3 interviews in their office that morning, 2 with Sales & Use Tax and one with property tax. They extended me an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiating. Was able to negotiate start date, though.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in January 2014.

The whole process was facilitated by my school.The interview was laid-back- the interviewer had a set of questions that s/he had to ask, and simply jotted down some notes as we went down the list of questions. They were mainly stock questions about teamwork, leadership, strengths and weaknesses, and problem solving. Very similar to "tell me about a time when you..."

Interview Questions
    • In what situation did you solve a problem using a technical/analytical skill?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Phone call or on campus interview. Call back and set up in office interview. Usually interview with three management level employees, sometimes interview with consultants and senior consultants. Consultants take you out for a nice dinner the night before your interview or for a lunch the day of your interview. You take a couple tests.

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!