Ryan, LLC

Average Difficulty
51 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2013.

Interview Details Submitted my resume at a career fair, which was then turned into HR. They called me and had a 30 minute phone interview and asked questions such as why I was interested in Ryan and why I was a good fit. They also left half of the interview for questions. At the end of the phone call they asked if I was interested in a group dinner and an office visit. I also had to take an online survey to see if I would fit into their culture. During the dinner, you meet up with current employees and other prospects. You split off into tables and eat. Then it is a night. Office visit was the following day and you tour the office, speak to employees, and sit through a presentation given by a principal. Then you have 3 interviews; one with a senior, principal, and manager. The interviews mainly consist of questions that you have for them. So prepare a lot of questions!

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?
When was a time you finished a task late and what did you do?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate with the internship position.

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Senior Associate Consultant
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and heard back from a recruiter about two weeks later, we set up an interview date about three days later. I filled out some brief information before the interview date. I interviewed with the recruiter for about 30 minutes, then with the principal and director for another hour. The interview was very relaxed and nothing to unusual or difficult.

Interview Question – What are your goals and plans during your time consulting. There were a few questions about what I wanted to do as far as my career path and I find some of these questions to be difficult since you don't want to be too forward or aggressive during the interview process.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in March 2013.

Interview Details OCR. Asked about what classes I've taken. What did I know about real estate valuation and property taxes. Not too technical, mostly behavioral.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when:
  You failed
  Were entrepreneurial
  Three strengths and weaknesses
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No intern salary negotiation.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview Details I applied via my university's job search site. Initial interview was on campus and was relatively easy. Mostly asked just fit and behavioral questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. At least a month later, I got a call from a recruiter asking if I would rather interview in Houston or Dallas. I chose Houston, and they flew me there. I had 3 interviews in their office that morning, 2 with Sales & Use Tax and one with property tax. They extended me an offer about a month later.

Interview Question – Why not Big 4?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating. Was able to negotiate start date, though.

Property Tax Intern Interview

Property Tax Intern
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2013.

Interview Details I submitted my resume online through my university, and I was scheduled for an on campus interview session. The interview lasted around 30 minutes. I interviewed with 2 senior managers at the same time. Most of the questions were about me as a person, experiences, future goals, and getting to know me. The property tax division is very team oriented, so they focused quite a bit on getting to know me and assessing my potential fit with their team. The two people interviewing me (senior managers) had both come out of my university's real estate program and were familiar with its reputation for turning out high caliber technically proficient real estate analysts. That may be another reason the interview was light on technical questions. The interview was probably one of the most pleasant I have experienced. I was told they would make a decision withing the next couple weeks and let me know the results either way. I ended up getting a call back and the job offer the next day!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years? ( I later learned they like to hire out of the intern pool for long-term employee scenarios)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The intern pay is pretty much set in place to my knowledge, but it is a very reasonable and competitive pay schedule in my opinion.

Consultant, Property Tax Interview

Consultant, Property Tax
Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in December 2009.

Interview Details I begain with a phone interview that lasted about an hour. I then interviewed with four people from Ryan. The entire process took about 6 hours and I was taken out to lunch. I also had to pass a skills test, background check and a personality test. I was provided an offer within two weeks from the interview.

Interview Question – There were a lot of questions regarding past experiences. Such as, describe a time when...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The offer included a signing bonus and was higher than any other offers I had received from other companies.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at Ryan, LLC

Interview Details Phone call or on campus interview. Call back and set up in office interview. Usually interview with three management level employees, sometimes interview with consultants and senior consultants. Consultants take you out for a nice dinner the night before your interview or for a lunch the day of your interview. You take a couple tests.

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process is pretty lengthy. It started with an on-campus interview and I was then selected for an on-site interview. You also have to answer this bizarre questionnaire probably to see if your personality fits with the culture there. During my on-site visit they flew in students from colleges all over the state and had a dinner and the interview was next morning. I interviewed with an owner and a manager. After that it tooks quite a while to receive an offer. I actually had to pressure HR to send me an offer because they were taking too long.

Interview Question – Probably the most difficult question I was asked is telling about a time when I was on a team and had to deal with conflict in the correct way. I'm not really good at answering behavioral type questions like that, which is the majority of questions that I was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. I accepted the first offer I was given.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted by phone to setup a phone interview and also to fill out a personality test. The test was fairly standard and consisted of several questions where I had to rank 10 random situations in the order of best to worst. It then took about one week until I was called in to interview with a Director and a Senior Consultant. It took another week or two to be contacted again and called in to meet with another Director and a Principal, where the Director used the results of my personality tests to ask me questions. All of the questions they asked were mostly behavioral and since this was for an entry level position I think they mostly want to see if you align well with their standards.

Interview Question – I didn't find any questions truly difficult or unexpected, but be prepared to answer questions about the personality test in a positive light. Since no one is perfect I believe they want to see how you respond to picking out your faults.   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

Interview Details There was an initial phone interview. A few days later I got a call to set up an in person visit. I have 4 different meetings, very basic questions. I thought it went well but I got an email almost a month later saying that they had filled the position.

Interview Question – Where do you do you see yourself in 5 years\?   Answer Question